FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Next Stage Travel
View Single Post
Old May 28, 2011, 7:39 am
jm3245

Exclamation Same experience as Fred456

Hi:

We bought the $49 Vegas deal from Buy With Me a few weeks back. We are having the exact same experience as Fred456.

In the Buy With Me deal, it was clear from the beginning that we would pay a $65 processing fee and that we would be responsible for taxes up to $150 per person. It still seemed worth a shot.

We paid the processing fee to Next Stage Travel, then got our certificate by email. This funny little line was included in the email: "Any variations on rules is up to the redeeming travel agency." So, at this point, Next Stage Travel has absolved themselves of any new charges that may be introduced.

The certificate is redeemed through Hotelandairpromotion.com. And the new catch is that we will be responsible for flight costs over $250 per person. And guess what? No matter what days we try to book this trip, the flight is well over $250 per person: $451.18 to be exact.

So, when you add up the Buy With Me deal, $65 processing fee, $400 in extra flight charges, and $300 in taxes, you will have paid over $800 for two nights at the Stratosphere.

I compared the same travel dates and hotel to Funjet. I can book the same trip for $650 through them.

I kept all documentation and copied the terms from their web site. I have disputed the charges for both the Buy With Me deal and the $65 processing fee with my credit card company. I will fight this tooth and nail since the >$250 flight charges were a surprise introduced later in the process.

I thought since I was buying this through one of the well-known social coupon sites that the company would have been properly checked for possibility of a scam. This now gives me a much lower opinion of Buy With Me. I've seen other vacation deals with Living Social that were interesting. I'm not so sure I would buy one of those either now.

Good luck!