FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Special F/HON Services at different airports
Old Feb 7, 2011, 12:04 pm
NewbieRunner
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by szg
Last time at EWR I had to wait for the HON, who was sitting in the back. PA can't do anything at Immigration. I should have walked by my own to be in front of the line. With PA we arrived with the last passengers from this flight and had to wait and wait ..... Why can't they send 2 PAs, like they do in Asia ?
Remember when we arrived in IAH for SMD2?

There was a PA standing with a board with 6 or 7 names. Since I saw my name among them I went to her to ask what I was supposed to do. She told me to wait "out there". I wasn't sure where "out there" was so kept walking and eventually came to immigration. A guy was standing there directing arriving pax. "Resident?" "No", "Any checked baggage?" "No", "Go to 31 (or whatever)".

This was next to the crew line and only had one family group in front of me. It was called "One Stop Exit" or some such and the quickest US immigration in my experience.

I wondered what would have happened if I waited for the PA and other HONs?