FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - spam purporting to be from US Airways?
View Single Post
Old Jun 10, 2010, 8:23 am
salut0

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
spam purporting to be from US Airways?

Just got the following email (my email address redacted). The problem is that I didn't book travel with US, unless someone hacked my account. It also doesn't sound like "myusairways" is the right domain for USAirways. I thought it was usairways.com. So this looks to me like spam. Has anyone else received it?

And whom should I email or forward this to at US Airways itself to alert them?

Date: Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 7:02 AM
Subject: We owe you miles!
To: [email protected]

Please add [email protected] to your personal address book to ensure delivery. Please do not reply to this email.
Book travel Travel tools Dividend Miles Mileage specials US Airways Vacations
There are miles of opportunities. Don't miss out!
Confirmation code: xxxxxx
Departure date: 07-xx-2010

Thanks for buying a ticket with US.

We owe each person on your itinerary 810 miles – but each person needs to have a Dividend Miles account to get them!

Don't let your miles go to waste:

1. If you have a Dividend Miles account, look up your reservation with confirmation code XX0000 and add your Dividend Miles number. Once you're all set up, we'll post your miles within 5 days of your travel.
2. If you don't have an account, join Dividend Miles now. It's free and will only take a few minutes.

Join Dividend Miles

Need more miles?

Get up to 35,000 more miles with a US Airways MasterCard.®

Plus, you can take up to two guests with you on your next trip for only $99 each (plus taxes and fees).

Learn more or apply online

Subscription information: You have received this message because you purchased a ticket on US Airways. This email was sent to [email protected].

We are committed to protecting your privacy. Your information is kept private and confidential. For information about our privacy policy visit usairways.com.

4000 E Sky Harbor Blvd, Phoenix, AZ 85034 | Copyright US Airways 1996 - 2010. All rights reserved.

Last edited by salut0; Jun 10, 2010 at 12:07 pm