FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott-family hotels in Paris, France, pre-2014
Old Apr 9, 2000, 8:43 pm
dg1

This question seems to get asked every other month -- there really should be an easy to find database. In any case I'll answer again.

I spent four nights, paid, at the Courtyard Paris. It is actually not in Paris and about a 10 minute leisurely walk to the nearest train station, 15 minute to Porte Maillot, which is a dropoff point for the Air France Shuttle Bus.

It is a very compact hotel, but that is probably typical European. It seems very new and the staff spoke English and was nice. We were surprised that the queen size beds were really two doubles pushed together, and not too well, so I often sank through Otherwise, good value for decent location-- except I believe the maid was expecting a tip every day, since every day she left one less towel we were there until she left none (I just called down and got them to send some up).

If I went to Paris again on my own dime I'd probably stay there. Otherwise, I've heard good things about the Renaissance which is also a good, albeit a bit more expensive value, and the Marriott which is very expensive but real good location.