FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Does Choice do Status Match?
View Single Post
Old Dec 25, 2008, 3:31 pm
colonius

Programs: UA 1k, AA Exec Plt 2MM, HH Diamond, *wood Gold, disgruntled Amex Ex-Centurion
Originally Posted by RogerD408
I agree, status with Choice is not valuable at all. Especially since they don't care to persue issues about properties not folllowing the program. I wrote about one property that stated flat out they do not upgrade Diamonds. Choice's response was it is up to the guest to deal with the property, and this was from a "Director"? Choice has become LAST Choice for me and I do over 300 nights a year!
I agree mostly, except with the last statement. Choice is not my LAST choice. I prefer Choice over many Holiday Inn (Express or otherwise), so I basically work like this:

What is the rate for Hilton / Starwood / ICH Group / Choice? (Compare all their brands)

Do I know the property?

What are the amenities of the hotel?

Where do I want/need nights credited?

Taking all this into consideration, I make my choice.

For example, when I needed a room near Seattle last month and had the choice between paying at least $120 at a Hampton Inn (any other Hilton Group Hotel was much higher) or paying $75 with full breakfast at the quite acceptable Clarion in Federal Way, it was a no brainer for the Clarion, even though I prefer Hilton.