Thread: Europe Sampler
View Single Post
Old Dec 16, 2008, 6:54 pm
frisbeeace

Programs: AA Platinum 1MM - Marriott Silver
European Sampler - Marriott Concierge.

Originally Posted by GrizShel
MARRIOTT NEW AND OLD REWARDS PACKAGES POINT REQUIREMENTS 2009

SAMPLER / HOPPER AWARDS[/COLO 7- Night Sampler or Hopper packages (Elite members only)[/COLOR]

2+2+3 package (Hawaii combo or Europe combo)
150,000 points. Good virtually any property, however availability is restricted more under the old program.
BIG ADVANTAGE: If ordered in 2008, this will have a 1 year window in 2009 where it will be very flexible (you can search for availability throughout 2009; but remember this is only in Europe or Hawaii).

Conclusion: If you think you can use the Hopper anywhere in Hawaii or in high-demand locations in Europe anytime before 12/31/09, then you should DEFINITELY order one.
I agree that the European Sampler is an excellent choice provided that you find availability at some of the most demanded cat.7 hotels. So far, I can't find any at Rome or Capri for my dates.

1. Should I order the Sampler Package anyway assuming that availability will open after Jan.15th?
2. If one of those hotels currently offers Stay Anytime awards, can I book it assuming that such room should be available as Standard Reward after Jan.15th and my certificate will cover it?
3. I also understand that if I return all three certificates I have a full refund of my points, so there is no risk to give this a try, am I right?

Thanks for your prompt response.