Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards
Reload this Page >

Have BRG Reservation - Refused Room, not Walked

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2009, 11:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.

We are in the lobby of the HoJo in Bellmawyr, NJ. This is a BRG free room. The property is sold out, they have given our room to someone else and will not / cannot walk us anywhere so far. They say they can do this because the credit card was declined for the free room. When I called earlier in the evening they refused to take my credit card no for the free room.

Hi anyone have any suggestions what to do?
Old Aug 17, 2009, 9:56 am

I don't know what you ended up doing, but I would have stayed somewhere else (hopefully somewhat comparable) and then call the BRG people this morning for reimbursement. Hoepfully you got names of people you talked to when they wouldn't let you stay?

The credit card thing is a joke. I had that situation where I had made a BRG res six months in advance and in the interim, the card I originally used was cancelled and reissued - some sort of security issue. I got a call the morning of my stay from the hotel asking abou it - I told them what happened and give them a valid card when I checked in - it was no problem.
Old Aug 17, 2009, 8:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
There's another HoJo I found out only about 3 miles away (the property I had the reservation at did not lift a finger to help me except give me the reservations phone number); I negotiated the rate down from the original offer of $200 a night to $125 a night including taxes for a 1 star property (but got a jacuzzi in the room).

Way to busy at work today to call about this, hopefully tomorrow.

Last edited by GrizShel; Aug 17, 2009 at 9:06 pm
Old Aug 21, 2009, 5:12 pm

When this happened to me last year, I was checking in early enough that I could call the BRG group. The agent called the hotel and also was refused the BRG. The BRG agent called me back, booked me in a nearby WR property, instructed me to pay the hotel, then to fax the receipt to her at the BRG South Dakota headquarters. About three weeks later, I received a check in the mail for the room rate at the second hotel, less taxes.

I wouldn't wait too long to talk to the BRG. I believe the BRG rep has to get approval from at least a supervisor/manager for a reimbursement. As long as you used a card valid at the time of booking, you should be OK.
Old Aug 21, 2009, 8:48 pm

Programs: PC Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold,HHonors Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
I had a similar situation but I figured it out a couple of days before arrival. As others have said, call the customer service line and ask for the BRG department. The BRG rep was very helpful and was able to get the manager to give me a room or they would be fined for not following the rules.
Old Oct 14, 2009, 8:48 am

Do we still have free room? I guess they have changed the BRG policy.
Old Oct 14, 2009, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by phoenixgck
Do we still have free room? I guess they have changed the BRG policy.
Yes, I'm not sure exactly when but it's been many months now since they changed the policy to matching a lower price and giving an additional 10% off.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.