Search

Wyndham points transfer headache

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2010, 5:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BW Diamond, HH Diamond, SPG Gold

Long time lurker, first time poster.

Back in May, my wife and I both transferred points from Wyndham Rewards, to 2 separate airline programs. The transfer notice said expect up to 8 weeks to complete, if I remember correctly. The award number was noted in the confirmation.

Fast forward to September, over 3 months since, and still no sign of any of the miles.

Today I just finished my 5th correspondance with Wyndham, still no resolution.

I filled out the "Missing Points" form on the Wyndham site two separate times. Each time the form said, we will reply within 3-5 business days. Each time, there was no response whatsoever.

I e-mailed a direct link shown in a previous thread a few spots down with the details, again, no response. Each form and e-mail had every single detail of all our Wyndham and airline numbers, as well as the award number confirmation.

A few days ago I called the Wyndham members line and spoke to a rep, who said they would transfer the details to someone in account management, and they would call back in 1 day to confirm the details. 4 days later, no response.

Today I phoned again, to follow up. Same run around. "We will contact you shortly with the details" as nothing new was in the system.

What the heck do you need to do around here to get some closure on these transfer issues? I noticed from a couple other threads, certain members have also had painful experiences trying to get the points to transfer.

Maybe the new Wyndham official members could help out?

I've previously been a Diamond member with Hilton and Choice, so the potential is there to do so with Wyndham as well. But after this experience, I could hardly recommend this program to anyone else, let alone see myself giving Wyndham any more future business.

Why would anyone in the frequent traveller game, stay somewhere where the points take over 3+ months to show up?
Old Sep 7, 2010, 8:42 am
Company Representative - Wyndham Rewards

Programs: Wyndham Rewards
We'll take a look into this for you...we'll send a note via private message since this is in regards to your specific account information.
Old Sep 7, 2010, 12:01 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, I sent you a message.
Old Sep 10, 2010, 8:33 pm
Original Poster

Update:

Thanks very much to Wyndham Rewards, and also Wyndham Rewards 2 for their help with the points issue!

Looks like the issue has been resolved.

Cheers
Old Sep 14, 2010, 6:42 am

Same boat here.
I did not receive any miles until now after transfered points to United Airlines on MAY!!
Old Jul 24, 2013, 7:09 am

Question

i transfered WR to aadvantage two days ago. i wonder how long it will take.
Old Oct 21, 2013, 5:05 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hilton Gold, RA, QF Gold, UA 1K

Does anyone have updates on how long the transfer usually takes? thanks in advance!!
Old Oct 21, 2013, 7:17 am

It can take 6 to 8 weeks for miles to post.

Originally Posted by yucci18
Does anyone have updates on how long the transfer usually takes? thanks in advance!!
Old Oct 21, 2013, 8:38 am

Thank you

Although I hope they will post sooner so I can take advantage of the 25% transfer bonus to united... Which ends in about 6 weeks...
Old Oct 22, 2013, 2:39 pm

which date will govern?

wouldn't the date you initiate the transfer to UA migrate along with the miles so that UA would apply the bonus even if the miles show up later? This is the case with many airlines/promos but I don't know if that will apply here (I going to find out because I did a transfer today!). Wyndham Lurker, can you comment on this?
Old Oct 22, 2013, 3:11 pm

To find out whether they go by the date the miles post or the date you redeemed for the miles for their promotion you would need to contact your Airline partner.

Originally Posted by newK2
wouldn't the date you initiate the transfer to UA migrate along with the miles so that UA would apply the bonus even if the miles show up later? This is the case with many airlines/promos but I don't know if that will apply here (I going to find out because I did a transfer today!). Wyndham Lurker, can you comment on this?
Old Oct 23, 2013, 5:34 pm

here is my experience - i transferred Wyndham points on 19th Oct and the points are posted on 24th Oct for United
Old Oct 24, 2013, 12:40 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by yucci18
here is my experience - i transferred Wyndham points on 19th Oct and the points are posted on 24th Oct for United
I transferred on the 20th Oct and my Mom's account received on the 23rd. Glad it extended her miles expiry date. ^

Last edited by lcpteck; Oct 24, 2013 at 10:22 pm
Old Oct 24, 2013, 1:50 pm

Programs: AY Gold, A3 Gold, UA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Bought 40k+8k bonus points this past Sunday, points posted within minutes, made transfer to UA, where 19,2k miles posted today (4 days later)... bonus 4,8k miles will follow sometime in December 13 or January 14... very happy!!
Old Oct 24, 2013, 2:17 pm

Programs: Southwest A-list & Companion Pass, Enterprise, Hilton, Wyndham, etc
It is ridiculous that it would take "8 weeks" for any transfer, and saying that it might is simply a cop out. For what purpose? Maybe you'll forget?

Points I've transferred from Wyndham have taken a few days. If it takes longer, in my opinion, there's something wrong, and I would contact them after about a week. They might as well deal with the problem promptly.

I have had stays not post. Wyndham has a problem with their IT, and they would be wise to fix it. The problems put me off, and I'm sure most other customers are unhappy with such issues. When looking for a stay, it's a big strike against Wyndham just because of the hassle.

Apparently Obamacare isn't the only program with IT problems.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.