Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No show - points awarded?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2009, 3:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OnePass - Platinum, MileagePlus - 1K (Linked)
No show - points awarded?

So I booked a reservation and it had a cancellation policy. Cancellation was 4:00 pm the day of check in. I was not able to make it to the hotel as my flight was cancelled and I got in the next day. My card is still supposed to be charged for the one night. Do I still get points and does that still count for the triple stay promotion?
Old Jul 1, 2009, 6:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
I booked several rooms at a Super 8 last summer, forgot to cancel and was charged. I discovered I had forgot to cancel when I was checking my credit card bill. I checked my Wyndahm Rewards account and saw that I had received points for the three rooms I had booked. I don't know how this will work under this promotion.
Old Jul 3, 2009, 10:31 am
Suspended

Programs: CO Plat, US CP, HH Diamond, MR Gold,BW Diamond
No-shows with any frequent guest program are technically elligble for points. So don't expect the points or try to demand the points. With the poster that received the points on a no-show, that was pure luck and not what typically happens.
Old Jul 4, 2009, 12:49 pm
Original Poster

Hi. I did some research after posting and this is what I found via the "Terms and Conditions" link at the bottom of the wyndhamrewards.com site. It was under section II Earning, under B Earning at Hotels. I hope this helps.

7. If the property requires a credit card for a reservation, the Member is a no-show, and the hotel charges his/her credit card for the first night of the no-show stay, the Member will receive points for such night as if he/she had stayed.
Old Jul 4, 2009, 6:41 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG 100K, IHG Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by gumflyer
Hi. I did some research after posting and this is what I found via the "Terms and Conditions" link at the bottom of the wyndhamrewards.com site. It was under section II Earning, under B Earning at Hotels. I hope this helps.

7. If the property requires a credit card for a reservation, the Member is a no-show, and the hotel charges his/her credit card for the first night of the no-show stay, the Member will receive points for such night as if he/she had stayed.
As "the Member will receive points for such night as if he/she had stayed", will this "stay" qualify for the 10K miles for 3 stays promotion?
Old Jul 14, 2009, 10:30 am

Location: AA-Plat 7 Mil, UA-Plat 2 Mil, BA - Silv., KLM/AF- Plat, Bonvoy-Plat.
Originally Posted by buschoi
As "the Member will receive points for such night as if he/she had stayed", will this "stay" qualify for the 10K miles for 3 stays promotion?
My no show stays posted the same as the ones where I actually checked in the hotel. I'm assuming and betting that they do count.
Old Jul 14, 2009, 11:33 am
Original Poster

two no shows that are not showing

I booked two separate nights at a Knight's Inn and I didn't show up. I did talk to the front desk clerk to be sure that I was checked in. My card has been charged for both stays, but I have yet to see miles or points from them.
Old Jul 14, 2009, 2:20 pm

Location: AA-Plat 7 Mil, UA-Plat 2 Mil, BA - Silv., KLM/AF- Plat, Bonvoy-Plat.
Originally Posted by gumflyer
I booked two separate nights at a Knight's Inn and I didn't show up. I did talk to the front desk clerk to be sure that I was checked in. My card has been charged for both stays, but I have yet to see miles or points from them.
Must be something with Knights Inn. Got charged as well but no credit. I filled out a missing stay enquiry and was told they would respond in 4 days.

One hotel wouldn't charge me since I didn't show up. Called the hotel directly and asked to be charged. They said they will on all my future bookings.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.