10K miles for 3 stays

Old Sep 10, 09, 9:56 am

Programs: DL Silver, HH Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by NYSpeedRacer View Post
I managed to get a response from the CSR about the promotion....

-------

**Please note also, the bonus miles with this promotion are not added to
a member's airline miles account until the completion of the promotion.
These miles will be added as miles with the Earning Partner on the
member's account at the time the bonus miles are added to the member's
account.

---------
This is a bit troubling for those of us who were trying to get 10K in multiple programs. I did 3 earlier with DL and just recently did 3 with US to get hits in their promotion (and the 10K). Was hoping to get 10K for each program added, though now it seems my 20K will go in whatever program I have selected at the date they post them.
Old Sep 10, 09, 10:20 am

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
Originally Posted by bearcat74 View Post
This is a bit troubling for those of us who were trying to get 10K in multiple programs. I did 3 earlier with DL and just recently did 3 with US to get hits in their promotion (and the 10K). Was hoping to get 10K for each program added, though now it seems my 20K will go in whatever program I have selected at the date they post them.
Personally, I never thought Wyndham would have the capability to allow for earnings towards different programs. The fact that the bonuses were going to be awarded at the end of the promotion (established early on in the promo) quashed any thoughts I had about spreading earnings across US and another airline(s). For them to award the bonuses through automation (and not manual entries) they would have to keep track of each program one selected for each trio of stays and then writing code that would use this history when submitting the 10K bonuses. I just don't see them going through this effort. It would be great, for sure, but unlikely IMHO.

I could be (and hope for the sake of others) that I am wrong. Hopefully they will see activity like this:

1) Three stay awards for three brands awarded to US DM#12X4Y67.
2) Send 10K DMs to DM#12X4Y67

1) Three more stay awards for three brands to DL SM#9876543310.
2) Send 10K SMs to SM#9876543210
Old Sep 10, 09, 1:30 pm

Programs: DL Silver, HH Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Evan! View Post
I could be (and hope for the sake of others) that I am wrong. Hopefully they will see activity like this:

1) Three stay awards for three brands awarded to US DM#12X4Y67.
2) Send 10K DMs to DM#12X4Y67

1) Three more stay awards for three brands to DL SM#9876543310.
2) Send 10K SMs to SM#9876543210
Evan! - I hope you are right on this one too!
Old Sep 10, 09, 1:53 pm

Programs: PC, WN, AA
Count me as one of those who has been afraid to change his airline partner for the length of this promotion, and who will continue to be afraid to do so until the points post. I just don't think Wyndham is set up for that sort of flexibility, especially for this promotion. It would be a different story if the points had posted not long after each group of 3 stays.
Old Sep 10, 09, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by radioinsomnia View Post
Count me as one of those who has been afraid to change his airline partner for the length of this promotion, and who will continue to be afraid to do so until the points post. I just don't think Wyndham is set up for that sort of flexibility, especially for this promotion. It would be a different story if the points had posted not long after each group of 3 stays.
I was very careful to book six brands back-to-back for each run at 3 10K promos. This way if 1, 2, or all 3 were delayed in posting for some reason it would have a less likely chance of screwing up my system.

I can see where there would be problems with individual postings for each group of three.

Chronological stay order:
Brand A
Brand B
Brand C
--------- << 10K bonus post
Brand C
Brand B
Brand A
-------- << 10K bonus post

The above would clearly earn the member 2 10K bonuses. But if the posting for the for the first stay at Brand A were to be delays so the posting order appeared as such:
Brand B
Brand C
Brand C
Brand B
Brand A << out of order posting
-------- << 10K bonus post, brands C,B & A
Brand A

The above might appear that the member earned only one bonus of 10K if the algorithm were written to spot the first 3 unique-brand stays.

My chronological stays were
| ABC | DEF | GCD | FGD | - but they posted....
| CDE | FGC | DFG | DAB |

Since I did not know if the system would flag (and possibly award in spite of the T&C) each 3 as they posted I never let two brands, chronological by stay date, be closer than 3 spaces apart - DFGD.

(And yes, in this depre.... er, I mean... recession, I find I have a lot of time on my hands as I am underemployed by 50% . So if anyone is tempted to say "get a life" I ask, would you walk up to someone in the unemployment line and say that? - [don't answer that question])
Old Sep 10, 09, 8:49 pm
Original Poster

Location: AA Gold/Million Miler,DL dirt,UAPlat/Million Miler;Honnors Diamond,Marriott Gold;Avis Preferred,Hertz Prez Circle, Nat'l Exec Elite
Since I did not know if the system would flag (and possibly award in spite of the T&C) each 3 as they posted I never let two brands, chronological by stay date, be closer than 3 spaces apart - DFGD.

(And yes, in this depre.... er, I mean... recession, I find I have a lot of time on my hands as I am underemployed by 50% . So if anyone is tempted to say "get a life" I ask, would you walk up to someone in the unemployment line and say that? - [don't answer that question])[/QUOTE]

Maybe YOU should work for Wyndham's marketing dept.: then I KNOW I would get my bonus to any airline I wanted!!
Old Sep 10, 09, 8:54 pm

Originally Posted by rustyr View Post
Maybe YOU should work for Wyndham's marketing dept.: then I KNOW I would get my bonus to any airline I wanted!!
Better yet... IT department. I don't want to market the damn promos (but I could sure tear apart their T&Cs).

I think however that I would have less fun on the other side.
Old Sep 14, 09, 1:05 pm

Programs: DL Plat AA Gold Airtran Elite HH Diamond Marriott Plat *Wood Plat
i don't normally stay at Wyndham properties but i did 3 for this promo. I'm getting a little worried about my third one (sept 4) since it hasn't posted yet and it was close to the end of the promo.

Can anyone speak from experience on what's typical posting time for wyndham rewards to DL? it was a microtel stay.
Old Sep 14, 09, 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by gte157q View Post
i don't normally stay at Wyndham properties but i did 3 for this promo. I'm getting a little worried about my third one (sept 4) since it hasn't posted yet and it was close to the end of the promo.

Can anyone speak from experience on what's typical posting time for wyndham rewards to DL? it was a microtel stay.
Since Microtel joined Wyndham Rewards only recently I had the same problem. I have heard others have had trouble too. I wrote to WR via their web site. The stay was 1 night on 6/26. It posted to my US account on 8/5 shortly after I contacted WR.

I can't just blame Microtel. Ramada was similiar. I stayed on 6/25 and it posted to my US account on 8/5 shortly after I contacted WR.
Old Sep 19, 09, 1:05 am

I missed my third one at HJ for my stays in August. I did wait for about a week. After that, I just sent them an email and two days later they fixed it.

Originally Posted by gte157q View Post

Old Sep 21, 09, 6:09 pm

Programs: DL Plat AA Gold Airtran Elite HH Diamond Marriott Plat *Wood Plat
thanks for the tips, my microtel stay posted a few days after i submitted the web request. they actually replied to the web request just to say it had already posted, not sure if that means they posted it or it coincidentally posted the same day they looked into it. either way I have my 3... now for the 10k miles!
Old Sep 30, 09, 4:54 pm

Programs: PC, WN, AA
I know we're still outside of the 4- to 6-week window, but out of curiosity, has anyone received their bonus miles yet? I have not.
Old Oct 1, 09, 8:35 am

Programs: UA - Platinum; Starwood - Platinum; Alaska - MVP75; IHG - Platinum; Hilton - Gold; Marriott - Gold
I know we're still outside of the 4- to 6-week window, but out of curiosity, has anyone received their bonus miles yet? I have not.
Haven't got mine.
Old Oct 1, 09, 8:43 am

Programs: UA 1K
I'm still waiting as well....
Old Oct 1, 09, 11:36 am

Actually the T&C said 6-8 weeks. Six weeks = 42 days. The promo ended on Sept 10. I expect nothing to be posted prior to Oct 22. I would love it if they would post prior. If nothing posts after the first week of November then I (and many others) will start contacting WR for answers.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: