10K miles for 3 stays

Old Jun 23, 09, 2:13 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond; UA Golod; SPG; Hyatt Diamond; AA PLAT; MR gold
Moved from OnePass section

When I try to register, the website tells me no need to register for the double miles promotion that expired in May - is there a way to verify that I am registered (other than calling CS)?
Old Jun 23, 09, 6:15 pm

Programs: OnePass - Platinum, MileagePlus - 1K (Linked)
The reply I got

I thought I'd share the reply I received. I hope this helps, especially with international locations. By the way, I recently stayed at a Days Inn. Upon check out, I heard the manager tell the front desk staff to ask for my Wyndham Rewards number. I told them I had made the reservation at wyndhamrewards.com while logged in so my number should be in the reservation. I was told that they had to enter it manually even if I had made the reservation at wyndhamrewards.com. Be sure to give your number even if you think it is in there.

Dear XXXXXX,

Thank you for your interest in the Wyndham Rewards® promotions.

I have verified that you are registered for the "Triple Play" promotion. You were registered for the promotion on May 20, 2009.

This promotion is open to all Wyndham Reward members who elect to earn airline miles or rail points

Members who have elected to earn airline miles or rail points, register for the promotion, and complete three qualifying stays at three different brands between 5/14/09 and 9/10/09 will receive 10,000 miles. The member will need to check in between 5/14/09 and 9/10/09 and complete their stay by 10/10/09.

This promotion is available for members who earn with our domestic airlines and rail partner. Aeroplan, American, Continental, United,
US Airways, Spirit, Delta, Midwest, Northwest, Sun Country, and Amtrak.

Note: The bonus for Sun Country will be 100 UFLY Points not 10,000 miles.

One stay is defined as any number of consecutive nights at one hotel regardless of the number of check-ins and check-outs.

Please allow 10 days from your check-out date for the stays to appear on your Wyndham Rewards account and 6-8 weeks after your third stay for the 10,000 miles or rail points to be credited to your account.

There is no limit to this promotion, for every three stays at three different bands the member will receive 10,000 miles.
Please note that participating hotels are Baymont Inn & Suites, Days Inn®, Howard Johnson®, Knights Inn®, Ramada®, Super 8®, Travelodge®*, Hawthorn Suites®, Microtel Inn & Suites***, Wingate by Wyndham® hotels, and Wyndham Hotels and Resorts®** in the U.S.,(including Puerto Rico and Guam), Canada, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, China, the Czech Republic, Hungary, Malta, Portugal, the Russian Federation, Austria, Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands, France, Italy, Lithuania, Romania, Tunisia, Libya, Finland, Latvia, Azerbaijan, and Turkey.

If you have additional questions, please contact Member Services at 1-866-996-7937, or via email at [email protected]. Our Member Services hours of operation are Mon-Fri 9:00 am to 11:00 pm EST, Saturday and Sunday 9:00 am to 6:00 pm EST.

Sincerely,

XXXXX
Wyndham Rewards
PO Box 4888
Aberdeen, SD 57402-4888
PH: 1-866-996-7937
Fax: 1-800-306-0671
Old Jun 23, 09, 10:45 pm

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
This is GREAT news. But still yet unconfimed: Can one earn bonuses on different airlines? Sounds like the process won't allow it since the bonuses show up 6-8 weeks after the third stay. So would I be safe in assuming that I would also wait 6-8 weeks after the 6th stay for an additional 10K? I can't see how one could work this promo for two airlines. Anyone got a theory?
Old Jun 25, 09, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/1MM, DL PM, UA Plat, HH DIA, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Spire/AMB, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Just booked my three stays, looks like it'll cost me right around $130.

7/2-7/3: Howard Johnson Kansas City Airport : $63
7/18-7/19: Ramada DFW North: $39
7/25-7/26: Super 8 Phoenix North: $29.

The last one will be a pure mattress run, I think my own bed is way more comfortable.
Old Jun 25, 09, 7:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CMK10 View Post
Just booked my three stays, ...
Your first three stays?

I've done 3 already this week, and I'm matress-running my 4th tonight while relaxing in a Hilton Suites.

My plan is to do 3 or 4 a week until the promo ends in September, or until it becomes clear that the promo is not going to deliver the miles.
Old Jun 26, 09, 8:05 am

Originally Posted by gumflyer View Post
Dear XXXXXX,
Please allow 10 days from your check-out date for the stays to appear on your Wyndham Rewards account and 6-8 weeks after your third stay for the 10,000 miles or rail points to be credited to your account.
Sincerely,

XXXXX
Wyndham Rewards
The response from my inquiry via email includes the following:
Please allow 10 days from your check-out date for the stays to appear on your Wyndham Rewards account and the bonus miles will not be applied to the account until 6 - 8 weeks after the promotion has ended.
With this slight inconsistency I would stay on the safe side of the street by counting on only 1 airline (or Amtrak) for this promo. YMMV

I need some advice. I could use this promo to "round out" one of four accounts but, honestly, I am not up for researching the award redemption levels for every airline with whom I have balances. I have almost 1M DL/NW miles and earn more everyday so those programs are out for this promo. My first thought was to top off my US account but I think I should get some input from other FTers. I have a guarantee of qualifying for 40K miles from this promotion before July 25 (12 reservations). I have a strong likelihood of even more 10K bonuses in August. But for now I am seeing only 40K total. I like Europe the most but am open to all parts of the world and prefer biz/fc of course. (Some want two coach trips rather than one trip up front. Not me ) My home is FLL. I have status on none of the airlines below. Any thoughts?

Current balances:
CO - 100K
UA - 26K << no longer in FLL or PBI
US - 74K
AA - 6K

Any chance I can get Virgin Upper Class out of this?
Old Jun 27, 09, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, WN A-List, HH Dia, Hyatt Plat, National ECE, Hertz PC
I would go with US simply because you definitely will get a 50% bonus on the regular miles you earn for stays through 7/31 and if you complete 3 stays before then US implied you would get the 50% bonus on the 10k mile bonus, though I'm a bit dubious of how the timing on that is going to work and the email US sent out (which I unfortunately did not save ) was hardly crystal clear on this.
Old Jun 28, 09, 9:43 am

Programs: AA Gold, AMEX MR, BA, DL, SPG, UA, US, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by Beckles View Post
I would go with US simply because you definitely will get a 50% bonus on the regular miles you earn for stays through 7/31 and if you complete 3 stays before then US implied you would get the 50% bonus on the 10k mile bonus, though I'm a bit dubious of how the timing on that is going to work and the email US sent out (which I unfortunately did not save ) was hardly crystal clear on this.
I found the following link from the USairways home page, http://www.wyndhamrewards.com/usairways/

From the link above, "Register and stay with 3 different brands in our Wyndham Hotel Group family from May 14, through September 10, 2009 and we'll reward you with 10,000 US Airways Dividend miles.

This promotion gives you more:

* Earn standard miles for all qualified stays
* Earn at over 6,000 locations around the globe
* Stay anytime — no blackout dates
* Plus 10,000 bonus miles

Plus, earn 50% more Dividend Miles* with US Airways Summer Blockbuster with every stay through July 31, 2009. That means you could earn over 15,000 miles.

You have to register for both promotions to get the Triple Stay bonus plus the 50% more miles from US Airways."

It sounds rather clear to me.
Old Jun 29, 09, 12:08 am

Programs: AV LifeMiles, CM ConnectMiles, BA Exec Club. Former:ex-ASGold, ex-UA1K, ex-COPlat, ex-NWGold.
I've got a road trip out to my 2nd home near RDU and later a return to Colorado. Have a HoJo, Days Inn, and Ramada booked on the way out. Plan to use a Knights Inn, Super8, and a Microtel on the way back. Want and set up for CO miles on the outbound, but want DL miles for the other 3 stays.

Given the ambiguity about switching partners mid-promo, I think I'm going to set up a 2nd Wyndham Rewards account using my Raleigh address, with a different email address, and book my 3 stays for the return trip credited to that 2nd WR account, set for the airline I want for the 2nd batch of 10,000 miles.

It's the only way to be sure.
Old Jun 29, 09, 9:21 am
Original Poster

Location: AA Gold/Million Miler,DL dirt,UAPlat/Million Miler;Honnors Diamond,Marriott Gold;Avis Preferred,Hertz Prez Circle, Nat'l Exec Elite
Everytime I received miles in one account for the 3 stays and then switched airlines, Wyndham shows where the stays are credited to. I don't see any reason why they can't see if you have switched earning partners; of course the question is if they allow this so as to get the bonus with as many different airlines as time allows within the promotion period. And there still is no clear answer IN PRINT FROM THEM.
Old Jun 29, 09, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by rustyr View Post
Everytime I received miles in one account for the 3 stays and then switched airlines, Wyndham shows where the stays are credited to. I don't see any reason why they can't see if you have switched earning partners; of course the question is if they allow this so as to get the bonus with as many different airlines as time allows within the promotion period. And there still is no clear answer IN PRINT FROM THEM.
I think it depends on how they query their database when they are ready to credit the bonuses. If they include which airline one which you received regular miles they might see "3 credits to AA with 3 different brands" and then award one 10K AA miles. But they could also look at it like this "3 different plans and one's current miles partner is AA."
Old Jun 29, 09, 2:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, WN A-List, HH Dia, Hyatt Plat, National ECE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by whynotgo View Post
It sounds rather clear to me.
The potential gotcha is the timing of when the 10,000 mile bonus posts and with what posting date. The US promotion ends on July 31, 2009 and all activity must be posted by September 30, 2009 to be eligible for the 50% bonus. The Wyndham promotion says the bonus will be posted:
six to eight weeks after the completion of promotion
Which isn't quite clear that it's six to eight weeks after the third stay or the promotion period of September 10, 2009. If it's the latter, there could definitely be a problem getting the 50% bonus on the 10,000 mile bonus.

We also have to hope that Wyndham makes the activity date of the 10,000 mile bonus prior to July 31, 2009, hopefully the activity date will be that of the third stay that qualifies one for the bonus, but that is hardly guaranteed.

All that being said, I'm hoping for the best, I am crediting my stays to US for this and hoping it works out and I get my 5,000 mile bonus, but I'm far from confident I'll get it.

One would hope that since both Wyndham and US have promoted the promotions together that it will work out they combine correctly.
Old Jun 29, 09, 9:20 pm

Is there a current Microtel promotion going? I did a mattress run on a recent Indiana trip and got the AA miles:

American AAdvantage Miles Jun 3, 2009 Jun 4, 2009 $ 64 128 AMERICAN AIRLINES AADVANTAGE INDIANAPOLIS, IN Confirmed

But also got this Microtel bonus posted to my account:

Microtel Bonus Points Jun 3, 2009 Jun 4, 2009 $ 2000 1 2,000 INDIANAPOLIS

I am not complaining, but I am planning the second mattress run for the second 10K points, credited this time to USAir. If I get the points on Microtel runs, then I would like to double dip!!!!
Old Jun 29, 09, 10:57 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, QF/HH/TG/SQ GOLD
Originally Posted by CMK10 View Post
Just booked my three stays, looks like it'll cost me right around $130.

7/2-7/3: Howard Johnson Kansas City Airport : $63
7/18-7/19: Ramada DFW North: $39
7/25-7/26: Super 8 Phoenix North: $29.

The last one will be a pure mattress run, I think my own bed is way more comfortable.
Wrong post,please delete!!
Old Jul 7, 09, 11:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond
Enjoy 1,000 Bonus Points All Summer Long

Looks like Wyndham just enhanced their offer.
http://www.wyndhamrewards.com/1000/?...rid=1102703308

Looks stackable to me:

To qualify for the Wyndham Rewards® 1,000 Bonus Point Promotion and earn 1,000 bonus Wyndham Rewards points per qualified stay, the member must (i) stay at a qualifying rate at a hotel participating in the Wyndham Rewards 1,000 Bonus Point Promotion (ii) check-in between July 1, 2009 and August 31, 2009 and, (iii) check-out no later than September 30, 2009. Stays with a check-out date after September 30, 2009 will not receive any bonus points. If a member does not elect to receive Wyndham Rewards points in their member profile, they will receive their regular airline miles or rail points for the qualified stays and 1,000 bonus Wyndham Rewards points in the promotion. Rates offered by most on-line travel agencies and certain other rates do not qualify. One stay includes all consecutive nights at the same hotel regardless of check-ins or check-outs. Members should allow six to eight weeks after completion of stay for the bonus points to be credited to their account. Hotels participating in the Wyndham Rewards 1,000 Bonus Point Promotion are Baymont Inn & Suites®, Days Inn®, Hawthorn Suites®, Howard Johnson®, Knights Inn®, Microtel Inns & Suites®, Ramada® and Super 8® branded hotels located in the U.S., Canada or the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico; and Travelodge® branded hotels in the United States.

Search this Thread