10K miles for 3 stays

Old Jun 4, 09, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, WN A-List, HH Dia, Hyatt Plat, National ECE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by miles_kay View Post
There is no limit to this promotion, therefore, the member will receive 10,000 bonus miles for every three stays at three different hotel brands.
Thanks for the information!

This is still not crystal clear, does this mean if you have a stay at a Wyndham, Days Inn, and Hawthorn, you get 10,000 miles, so can your next three stays be at the same brands, or would they then have to be other brands?

I'm not sure I can trust this promotion unfortunately, I think I'll be happy with doing it once unless we can get more concrete confirmation.

Edited to add: Just to be clear, I don't expect miles_kay to have these answers, I'm just pointing out the challenges I see with this promotion!

Last edited by Beckles; Jun 4, 09 at 1:55 pm
Old Jun 4, 09, 1:46 pm

I would think you would change your profile from earning miles on A airline to earning miles on B, C, D, etc. airline AFTER every qualifying third stay. No?
Old Jun 4, 09, 9:12 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, NWA,HHonors, Hyatt BF
I just spoke with a CS rep about the 10k issue and switching airlines mid-promotion; he said to call in and have a CS rep do it on your profile. I too was concerned if I just switch it without "registering" under that airline if it would go through.
Old Jun 5, 09, 8:54 am
Original Poster

Location: AA Gold/Million Miler,DL dirt,UAPlat/Million Miler;Honnors Diamond,Marriott Gold;Avis Preferred,Hertz Prez Circle, Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by redreeper View Post
I just spoke with a CS rep about the 10k issue and switching airlines mid-promotion; he said to call in and have a CS rep do it on your profile. I too was concerned if I just switch it without "registering" under that airline if it would go through.
Once you rgister for one airline on Wynham's website you don't have to re-register-at least that's what I have experienced when re-rgstring for Delta after my 3 stays w/Continental, as i got a mssge stated "you have already rgstrd for this promotion". I just went in and edited my profile to earn Delta miles. A 2nd phone coversation had the same response similiar to mileskay: unlimited earning potential. I won't say for sure as the wording is too ambigious, but the phone rep said it could be even earned w/same airline- just have 3 different stays every time. Oh how I wish they would have worded it in an email I received from Virgin about bonus w/Hyatt: earn this bonus "AGAIN AND AGAIN"!
Old Jun 5, 09, 9:42 am

Yes - my CS guy said it could be earned over and over on the same airline as well.
Thanks for the clarification.
Old Jun 5, 09, 11:58 am

Has anyone confirmed by either CS or empirical evidence that the same hotels can be used over and over? IE Holiday Inn twice, knights inn twice, Travelodge twice will yield 20k?

Thanks

Edited: I guess empirical isn't likely since these won't post at all until the fall.
Old Jun 5, 09, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Marriott or Hilton hot tub with a big drink <glub> Beverage: To-Go Bag™ DYKWIA: SSSS /rolleyes ☈ Date Night: Costco
Programs: Sea Shell Lounge Platinum, TSA Pre✓ Refusnik Diamond, PWP Gold, FT subset of the subset
Wirelessly posted (Motorola DynaTAC 8000X / NCSA Mosaic v 1.0)
Originally Posted by fredpeckville View Post
<SNIP> IE Holiday Inn twice,
You might be waiting a long time for those Holiday Inn miles to post...
Old Jun 6, 09, 9:57 am
Original Poster

Location: AA Gold/Million Miler,DL dirt,UAPlat/Million Miler;Honnors Diamond,Marriott Gold;Avis Preferred,Hertz Prez Circle, Nat'l Exec Elite
Yes - my CS guy said it could be earned over and over on the same airline as well.
Thanks for the clarification.
As long as you have 3 different brands per 3 stays then you can pile on the miles to one airline; the CS agent said you could stay at a Super 8 every time as one of your 3 stays for example. These guys must be desperate for bookings cause if this right, I can EASILY get 100K for a max of $1800, and I can write off 25% of it for sure for business.
Old Jun 8, 09, 12:39 pm

Programs: UA 1k, SPG/Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Do the stays need to occur after registration, or do stays before registration count? (just registered recently - don't normally stay in these hotels but had a couple of recent stays).
Old Jun 9, 09, 11:09 am

Originally Posted by rustyr View Post
As long as you have 3 different brands per 3 stays then you can pile on the miles to one airline; the CS agent said you could stay at a Super 8 every time as one of your 3 stays for example. These guys must be desperate for bookings cause if this right, I can EASILY get 100K for a max of $1800, and I can write off 25% of it for sure for business.
OK, lets see if I have this correct:

Register for promo changing my earning preference from Wyndham points to AA miles.

Stay at 3 different brands: Baymont, Days Inn, Super 8 (for example)

Get 10k AA miles...eventually.

Checked it out, all 3 posted to the Wyndham account as airline miles (AA) points.

Now, for round 2..... do I need to stay at 3 completely different brands to earn another 10k bonus on AA? (For example now I can only choose Knights, Hojo, or Ramada since I already stayed at Baymont, 8, and Days)
If I stay at another Baymont will it not count? Do I need to change my airline preference if I want to stay at another Baymont AND get the promo points?? Your post brought up some points I did not consider.
Old Jun 10, 09, 10:03 am
Original Poster

OK, lets see if I have this correct:

Register for promo changing my earning preference from Wyndham points to AA miles.

Stay at 3 different brands: Baymont, Days Inn, Super 8 (for example)

Get 10k AA miles...eventually.

Checked it out, all 3 posted to the Wyndham account as airline miles (AA) points.

Now, for round 2..... do I need to stay at 3 completely different brands to earn another 10k bonus on AA? (For example now I can only choose Knights, Hojo, or Ramada since I already stayed at Baymont, 8, and Days)
If I stay at another Baymont will it not count? Do I need to change my airline preference if I want to stay at another Baymont AND get the promo points?? Your post brought up some points I did not consider.
According to a phone rep u could stay at the same Super 8 again and again as long as it's shared w/2 other different brands for each 10K bonus for example. I dunno about this one- I still haven't heard back in email reply whether you can accumilate more than 10K miles in one airline just by staying at 3 diff brands per "segment". Also Super 8 is advertising 15% off advance purchase rates with ,I think, 8-day advance rez.
Old Jun 11, 09, 6:53 am

Just out of curiosity, how long does it usually take for the stays to post? Last week I had three stays - Days Inn, Microtel and Super 8 in order. The Super 8 stay posted within 24 hours while I am still waiting for the other 2. Any feedback?
Old Jun 11, 09, 12:04 pm

Programs: DL
Originally Posted by docr775 View Post
Just out of curiosity, how long does it usually take for the stays to post? Last week I had three stays - Days Inn, Microtel and Super 8 in order. The Super 8 stay posted within 24 hours while I am still waiting for the other 2. Any feedback?
There is a link to request missing credit on the website. I have had to do this probably 4 or 5 times in the last couple of months and in EVERY instance, my miles were credited to my account within 1 day.
Old Jun 14, 09, 1:52 am

Programs: OnePass - Platinum, MileagePlus - 1K (Linked)
participating locations?

Does anyone know for sure which hotels are participating? I live in Guam and I plan to do two of my stays here. If I travel to Manila and to Cairns, there are locations there. My worry is that these locations are not participating and there is no indication online if they are or not. I tried to contact them, but I'm still waiting for a response from them. Thanks for any help.
Old Jun 16, 09, 12:25 pm

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
Originally Posted by miles_kay View Post
There is no limit to this promotion, therefore, the member will receive 10,000 bonus miles for every three stays at three different hotel brands.
Sweet!
Originally Posted by rustyr View Post
I will easily get 30K miles from this promo just for the biz trips I currently have scheduled. I will most likely be able to get 30K more as my schedule fills in between now and Sept 10.

A special thanks to all those that did the footwork with the various CSRs. Your efforts are appreciated.

Search this Thread