10K miles for 3 stays

Old Nov 26, 09, 8:53 pm

Programs: Enough to Cause a Migraine
Well after another e-mail to Wyndham Rewards, I received a nice Thanksgiving treat--- my 10,000 AAdvantage Miles posted for the Wyndham Rewards Triple Play Promotion! [with a post date of 9/30/09]

For those of you still missing miles, continue to be persistant with e-mails/phone calls to Wyndham Rewards, and hopefully your miles will post as well.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
Old Dec 1, 09, 11:12 am

Programs: Mileage Plus Dirt, Wyndham Rewards
Mine finally posted to my M+ account. Yay!
Old Dec 1, 09, 4:29 pm

Programs: UA - Platinum; Starwood - Platinum; Alaska - MVP75; IHG - Platinum; Hilton - Gold; Marriott - Gold
I contacted the CSR that I haven't received the 10000 United miles and I received a shocking mail from them that I didn't registered for the promotion. I don't know how to prove to them at this point. I am 100% certain that I registered for the promotion because once I try to register next time, the system gave me an error message saying that i already did register for the promotion. Also I did 4 stays with Wyndham during this period. Is there any way to prove that I registered for this promotion?

This is the mail from Wyndham CS:

Thank you for contacting Wyndham Rewards(r).

The Triple Play promotion was valid for stays occurring between
05/14/2009 and 09/10/2009. Members who had elected to earn airline miles
or rail points with Air Canada, American, Continental, United, US
Airways, Spirit, Delta, Midwest, Northwest, Sun Country or Amtrak,
registered for the promotion and completed three qualifying stays at
three different hotel brands during the promotional timeframe would
receive 10,000 bonus miles. The stays must have been qualifying in order
to be eligible for this promotion.

I have reviewed your account and our records show that you were not
registered for this promotion. I regret to inform you that I cannot
register you now, where the promotion ended on 09/10/2009. Therefore,
we are unable to credit the bonus airline miles.

FYI, refer to post # 181, where I did posted on 11/07/09 in this thread expressing that I am still waiting on the miles to be posted to my account.
Old Dec 2, 09, 9:12 am

Programs: DL Silver, HH Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Silver
Well, finally got my second 10K - which was supposed to be to DL, but Wyndham posted them to US. Tired of going back and forth with them so at this point just going to leave it. I got my 20K I was owed, just not where I had wanted them to go.
Old Dec 2, 09, 9:39 am

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond
I'm still having problems with CS getting all of my miles to post.
Old Dec 5, 09, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kay_jay View Post
I contacted the CSR that I haven't received the 10000 United miles and I received a shocking mail from them that I didn't registered for the promotion. I don't know how to prove to them at this point. I am 100% certain that I registered for the promotion because once I try to register next time, the system gave me an error message saying that i already did register for the promotion. Also I did 4 stays with Wyndham during this period. Is there any way to prove that I registered for this promotion?

This is the mail from Wyndham CS:.
First, 4 stays is irrelevant, they had to be 3 stays at 3 different brands. If your stays were all in the same brand, or repeated the same brand such that no 3 consecutive stays of those 4 were at 3 different brands, you may be disqualified on that count.

Second, I would recommend you stop communicating by email at this point. Since you can't "prove" anything, your only hope is to "convince" with your story, and that can only work if you're talking to human who will acklowledge that they just heard your "you cannot register because you're already registered" error message and acklowedges that that means you were registered. If you tell this in an email, they will likley not read the whole email, and will just send you a reiteration of what they've already told you. To get things to change, you've got to get the attention of someone who can reconsider, or look into why the system now claims you never registered and yet you were getting messages saying you had.
Old Dec 12, 09, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

"No Soup For You, BigLar!"

I, too, talked (again!) with a CSR at WR and was told I hadn't registered.

They don't know it, of course, but for me not to register for a promo is like going out in the winter with no socks on ... just doesn't happen. I offered to check my back emails, but the supervisor told me they don't send emails confirming registration.

"So how would I know if I was registered?"

"You should call and verify it."

"Hmmm. Doesn't that negate the whole idea of on line processing?"

"[No answer]"

So, in a writ of felous gage, I composed a letter to Customer Service in Abderdeen. I explained to them:

1. Who I am (100-150 nights/year, pay my own tab. Should be their meat and potatoes)

2. Was told I hadn't registered though I know I had

3. Pointed out that at no time did my account ever show any stays or reservations - the current points/stays total in my account is 0/0 and has been since Day 1.

4. There were no notations in my account that I had ever called, even though I had definitely called at least twice on this specific promotion.

I concluded that they appear to have serious problems with their IT systems. The problems and confusion in fulfilling the terms of the promotion should be another piece of evidence of that. What really bothered me (I told them) was the fact that they tacitly admitted that their website couldn't be relied on to keep data.

Finally, I was making plans for the upcoming year, but that I would be very reluctant to include Wyndham properties because of the obvious problems.

I have no idea what will happen (I've already written off the miles), but if I don't get at least a polite acknowledgement of the letter I might as well just keep the pot stirring by sending copies off to various officers, etc. of the corporation. If they can inconvenience me, I sure as hell don't mind ringing their bells a little.
Old Dec 12, 09, 2:05 pm

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
Originally Posted by BigLar View Post

I concluded that they appear to have serious problems with their IT systems. The problems and confusion in fulfilling the terms of the promotion should be another piece of evidence of that. What really bothered me (I told them) was the fact that they tacitly admitted that their website couldn't be relied on to keep data.

Finally, I was making plans for the upcoming year, but that I would be very reluctant to include Wyndham properties because of the obvious problems.
I would suggest finding snail mail addresses for the corp headquarters of the various brands that you frequented in 2009. From what I gathered when I called CS, WR is a third-party company that manages the loyalty program for the brands within said program. You threatening to change your travel plans for 2010 is not as big of a concern for them than it would be for the hotels themselves.

FTR, you nailed it. Their IT system sucks. I am still fighting with them over the US 50% bonus promo. Fax after fax and call after call. Every time I have to start over from the beginning. They are playing chicken with the wrong guy . I have tremendous staying power.

I really hope you never let up. I am really sick of loyalty programs that want to dangle the carrot to get my business and then never actually pony up the carrot.
Old Dec 13, 09, 12:55 pm

Programs: (almost) everything!
Originally Posted by sbagdon View Post
Has anyone confirmed multiple airlines posting, or >10k posting to the same airline?
Originally Posted by bearcat74 View Post
Well, finally got my second 10K - which was supposed to be to DL, but Wyndham posted them to US. Tired of going back and forth with them so at this point just going to leave it. I got my 20K I was owed, just not where I had wanted them to go.
I have same issue. They are now insisting 10000 bonus miles can be credited to one program.
Old Dec 13, 09, 1:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Tclin View Post
I have same issue. They are now insisting 10000 bonus miles can be credited to one program.
I've had 40,000 post to Wyndham (after numerous calls, posted 20,000, 10,000 and then 10,000). I've had 20,000 & and then 10,000 post so far to my UA account (still waiting for the final 10,000 UA to post, Wyndham has assured me that they would).

I won't even begin to go into the conversations I've had with Wyndham. It's been a lot of work.

All the 40,000 UA Miles that I have earned have finally posted to my UA account. Whew

Last edited by 236Dakota; Dec 14, 09 at 4:43 pm Reason: Miles posted
Old Dec 16, 09, 11:33 am

Programs: DL Plat AA Gold Airtran Elite HH Diamond Marriott Plat *Wood Plat
still nothing in my Wyndham or Delta accounts. Sent an email last week and got this back:

Thank you for contacting Wyndham Rewards(r).

Please accept my apology for the delayed reply to your email. We have been experiencing higher than expected email volume.

The "Triple Stay" promotion ended on 09/10/09. The department that handles posting bonus points are required to wait 8 weeks after the promotion's end date. They have added your name to the spreadsheet for missing bonus miles.

At this time, I can not give you a timeframe as to when the miles will appear in your miles account. Please accept my apologizes for any inconvenience that this may have caused.

I love the 8 weeks thing, considering the email was dated 12/9... almost 12 weeks after the promotion end date.

Called today to bug them and the very nice CS agent told me "oh, i see you already called about this, they put you on the spreadsheet". So far I know that the above email is in my account and that she can read. So i pressed further and all she said was I was on the spreadsheet along with everyone else that calls and they'll get to it. I asked how long and was told maybe another week or two, but i am 99.9% certain she just made that up.

Worst. Hotel. Program. Ever. bait you with free points to stay in their crummy hotels, then make you bug them just to get on the "list" of people that "might" get points.
Old Dec 21, 09, 3:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

...news from the "Squeaky Wheel" department...

On Friday, I received a phone call ...

ring, ring

ME: Hello?
VOICE ON TELEPHONE: May I speak to BigLar, please?
ME: [suspiciously] Who's calling?
VOT: This is Judi from Wyndham Rewards.
ME: Oh? [inflection indicating surprise, concern, pleasure, and a willingness to fight. It's not easy packing all that into one word ]
VOT: Mr. BigLar, we have received your letter, and we've reviewed your account. We will be sending a request over to AA for your 30,000 miles.
ME: OH? [Much happier inflection]
VOT: Anything else we can halp you with?
ME: No, that's quite enough. Merry Christmas.
VOT: You, too. Thank you for staying at Wyndham properties.

click

So, an early Christmas present.

The Kid (me) might be getting a little senile and forgetting to zip up his fly, but by God he still knows how to write a letter that gets results!
Old Dec 21, 09, 3:39 pm

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
Originally Posted by BigLar View Post
So, an early Christmas present.
Congrats. Very happy for you. But you really got a belated Halloween candy bar.
Old Dec 29, 09, 10:36 am

Programs: PC, WN, AA
Still no sign of the 20K AA miles in my AA account. My WR account shows the credit, but they have not been posted by AA.

I called WR customer service this morning. The rep told me that they're "waiting for confirmation" from AA. I asked, "confirmation of what?" She said "confirmation that the miles have been posted" (?) and went on to say that "there's really no timetable for that. This has been a problem with all airlines with this promotion." Of course, we know that the problem here is with WR.

I'm sure I'll get them eventually, but I have no idea when. Guess I just have to keep on them.
Old Jan 3, 10, 8:16 pm
alc

Did got my 10,000 Miles afterall

I also had issue with getting my Triple Play 10,000 miles deposit. But in my case, I actually did void the T&C by chaning my earning perference and even remove my FF # from my profile. (Don't ask me why I was that stupid..) When I realized it (mid Oct), I added my FF # back and call WR CSR right away and prevented I do not know what happened and also express concerned about this 10,000 miles. The CSR that I spoke to told me it should be fine. Of course, I got no 10,000 miles after 8 weeks from the end of the promo. Hence I started submitted the missing points on the web site. And off course they found out what happened and use that as an excuse not giving me the 10,000 miles. But I just keep stick with my story of "I do not know what happened to my account." and finally got the 10,000 miles deposit in mid Dec. I also did rec'd a call from WR CSR just before X'mas confirming the issue had been resolved on their end.

Reason for my post is to let the people out there who are still waiting to keep pushing no matter what, especially if you are telling the truth (unlike me). I deal my all by email. With their delay in their respond (even the email state they will reply in 4-5 bus day), mine resond usually in 8-10 days, it is really in their own fault not services their member according to their promised. I think that might be when they decided to give-in. Also, keep your email in nice tone, as I do find you get a better chance for something to happened with a nice tone then play hardball with them.

WR is not my primary FF program and hence I really only had 3 stays during the period to get my 10,000 miles... in case this info help someone who is reading my post.

alc

Search this Thread
Search Engine: