10K miles for 3 stays

Old Nov 17, 09, 3:19 am

Location: SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold:AA Plat, Now retired but previous NWA PLAT 2 Million +, United 1K plus etc etc
10K United Miles just posted as of 4:18am EST Nov 17th. Posting date says Oct 9th.

Yippee!!

Bigshaker
Old Nov 17, 09, 7:13 am

Programs: Choice Privlidges Elite Diamond- 120+ Choice Privileges nights/year, Delta, UA
Just checked my United account this morning, no points. I'm waiting for 50,000 miles. Hopefully by the end of the week.
Old Nov 17, 09, 8:27 am

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
Originally Posted by n dakota View Post
Just checked my United account this morning, no points. I'm waiting for 50,000 miles. Hopefully by the end of the week.
WOW. 15 stays! You deserve a medal for bravery. Did you do the 1-night each "bed hopping" thing like I did? Did you hit every brand in the WR group? Did you suffer through Travelodge at all? Any bed bugs or bullet holes at the Knights Inn?

I did 12 to get 40K. I am curious if anyone has beaten n dakota's haul on this promo. Any 60K, 70K or higher FTers out there?
Old Nov 17, 09, 10:13 am

Location: SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold:AA Plat, Now retired but previous NWA PLAT 2 Million +, United 1K plus etc etc
[QUOTE=Evan!;12832940Any bed bugs or bullet holes at the Knights Inn?
QUOTE]

The Knights Inn Abilene TX is the most disgusting hotel I've ever seen. Cockroaches everywhere, in the most dark and deserted part of town. As I mentioned in a previous post, this is the first time I've actually barricaded the door with a chair. Arrived late 11pm, slept with my clothes on and out of there by 6am.
I won't be staying at any WR hotels in the forseeable future.

Bigshaker
Old Nov 18, 09, 9:52 am

Programs: DL Plat AA Gold Airtran Elite HH Diamond Marriott Plat *Wood Plat
anybody seen Delta miles earned on their DL account yet? I know some folks have seen DL miles but they participated in the promo with their Worldperks account, not Skymiles account. Anyone participated with their SM account seen their bonus DL miles yet?
Old Nov 18, 09, 12:26 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AA ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Titanium, IHG Spire/Ambassador
Originally Posted by bearcat74 View Post
Anyone else see DL miles yet?
Originally Posted by gte157q View Post
anybody seen Delta miles earned on their DL account yet?
not yet

I had spoke with Wyndham CS just to verify that I had qualified and that Wyndham had provided Delta with all the information for me to get my DL miles. The Wyndham rep was very good and managed my expectations by even doing the math for me (i.e. Delta has 6-8 weeks from end of promo so if I don't see my miles by X date to call Delta)

I called Delta today, first words out of her mouth, "the department that handles this is backed up" next statement after I asked her to call the department to verify anyways (I don't care if the dept is backed up, who isn't nowadays?) was: "the department says that you need to call Wyndham".
I state that I've already done this and the responsibility is with Delta to provide the miles now. Delta rep again puts me on hold to speak with their skymiles department, last statement I got was "we have sent communication to our Wyndham liason who will see if you qualify and if you do we will then issue the miles." I ask the question if a week is enough time for them to do this, she says yes.

So I'll call a week from today but my guess is there won't be any word and I'll have to go through the same steps. Delta sucks but I needed some miles in my Delta account.
Old Nov 18, 09, 10:20 pm

Programs: Choice Privlidges Elite Diamond- 120+ Choice Privileges nights/year, Delta, UA
Originally Posted by Evan! View Post
WOW. 15 stays! You deserve a medal for bravery. Did you do the 1-night each "bed hopping" thing like I did? Did you hit every brand in the WR group? Did you suffer through Travelodge at all? Any bed bugs or bullet holes at the Knights Inn?

I did 12 to get 40K. I am curious if anyone has beaten n dakota's haul on this promo. Any 60K, 70K or higher FTers out there?
Yeah, my normal hotel group is Choice but I couldn't pass up this promo. I thought "what's a few inconviences for 2 airline tickets". Was I surprised.

I mostly rotated between Super 8s and Days Inns and my third hotel was even a challenge to work in. I had couple of stays at Travelodges (one in Spearfish, SD. Not good but bearable), one in Lubbock, Tx. (scared the hell out of me. Talk about a depressing place to stay. I made sure I didn't come back to my room until I had to and got out before 5 am for a flight.) I stayed at Ramada Inn a few times and thought these were maybe the best quality of the bunch but still I expected more from them. I didn't brave a Knights Inn. All of these stays were "mattress hopping". On about 1/3 of these, I had to request a missing stay through the form on the website.

All in all, I'm glad I did the promo but I by no means became "more" of a fan of Wyndham properties. In fact, I now know the depth and breadth of the poor quality of Wyndham property. Something I think was the outcome that many people realized.

Also no sign of United miles as of Wednesday night.

n dakota
Old Nov 18, 09, 10:37 pm

Programs: Enough to Cause a Migraine
I E-Mailed Wyndham Rewards Customer-No-Service on 11/5/09, and this is the message they gave me about my missing 10,000 AAdvantage Miles on 11/11/09:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello Max M,

Thank you for contacting Wyndham Rewards®.
Please accept my apology for the delayed reply to your email.
I have forwarded your information to the appropriate department, about getting your 10,000 bonus miles posted to your miles account. This will be taken care of, as soon as possible.
If you have additional questions, please contact Member Services at 1-866-996-7937 1-866-996-7937 or via email at [email protected]. Our Member Services hours are Monday - Friday 9:00 am - 11:00 pm EST or Saturday and Sunday 9:00 am - 6:00 pm EST.
Sincerely,
Doreen
Wyndham Rewards
PO Box 4888
Aberdeen, SD 57402-4888
PHONE: 1-866-WYN-RWDS 1-866-WYN-RWDS ( 1-866-996 -7937 1-866-996 -7937 )
FAX: 1-800-306-0671
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just sent off another e-mail, as it's been 1 week and haven't heard boo about this situation. This behavior by Wyndham Rewards Customer-No-Service is unacceptable. I'm having to dog them for something that they screwed up on.

I had a missing AAdvantage Miles situation with Hilton Honors not posting miles for a stay in September 2009, and only it took 3 days from when they said they would investigate the matter to the proper crediting to occur on my AAdvantage account.

I will continue to fight Wyndham Rewards for them to make good on their offer until they give me what's due.
Old Nov 19, 09, 6:20 am

Originally Posted by n dakota View Post
I stayed at Ramada Inn a few times and thought these were maybe the best quality of the bunch but still I expected more from them.
I found the Ramada brand to be the least consistent. I stayed one night at the Ramada in Pasadena on Colorado Blvd back in May of this year. SCARY. It was a motel that resembled a Knights Inn. I did some bed hopping that week at hotels in the HH group, Choice, WR, and Best Western. Delta was having a partner promo so I hit as many hotel groups as I possibly could.

Then I stayed at a Ramada in Denver (Northglen) in June for this 10K promo. It was a quite nice hotel (as opposed to a motel). I hung out at the hotel bar and watched the coverage of MJ's death. The bed, room, front desk staff, and bar staff were all quite nice. The location doesn't work well for where I need to be for business so I don't see myself choosing that location again... unless there is a hefty promo. But I would recommend that Ramada to others.

Then there is the Ramada at the Arizona Mills Mall in Tempe. It was neither scary nor great. It was a hotel not a motel.

Three Ramadas, three states, one F, one C, and one B+. I think any property can hang out the Ramada sign without having to meet any minimal requirements.

The most consistent member of the WR group, IMHO, is Wingate. This brand reminds me of the Fairfield Inn brand (but a little better), the Hampton Inn brand (but a little less), and the Holiday Inn Express brand (spot on!).
Old Nov 20, 09, 3:03 pm

Programs: PC, WN, AA
Finally, 20K AA miles have appeared in my WR account history with a posting date of September 30. They are not yet in my AA account, but I expect them to be there next week.
Old Nov 21, 09, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Sweet Willie View Post
I called Delta today, first words out of her mouth, "the department that handles this is backed up" next statement after I asked her to call the department to verify anyways (I don't care if the dept is backed up, who isn't nowadays?) was: "the department says that you need to call Wyndham".
I state that I've already done this and the responsibility is with Delta to provide the miles now. Delta rep again puts me on hold to speak with their skymiles department, last statement I got was "we have sent communication to our Wyndham liason who will see if you qualify and if you do we will then issue the miles." I ask the question if a week is enough time for them to do this, she says yes.

So I'll call a week from today but my guess is there won't be any word and I'll have to go through the same steps. Delta sucks but I needed some miles in my Delta account.
I'm seeing this all over FT (for example, also in the Avis 5k bonus thread). Seems that Delta is claiming "backup up due to FFP merged headaches" basically, and will tell you wait a good long time, because they don't want to deal with anything not related to merger stuff right now.

All sorts of bonuses for all sorts of partners are posting very late at Delta right now, and they are swamped with calls about that. (Of course, some good chunk of them, but certainly not all, are bonuses credited to Northwest but which now need to end up at Delta. Neither the Avis 5k bonus nor your 10k bonus fall in that category, but that is what is backing up Delta missing bonus research people.)
Old Nov 23, 09, 3:42 am

Originally Posted by bearcat74 View Post
Anyone else see DL miles yet? I'm still owed 10K DL and no sign of them.
Originally Posted by gte157q View Post
anybody seen Delta miles earned on their DL account yet? I know some folks have seen DL miles but they participated in the promo with their Worldperks account, not Skymiles account. Anyone participated with their SM account seen their bonus DL miles yet?
Some FTers have been reporting that their DL bonuses have been posting. More at this thread on the DL forum:
Has Anyone seen the 10k Wyndham bonus?
Old Nov 23, 09, 7:12 am

Programs: DL 0.22 MM, AA 0.34 MM, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 GC 5*
Originally Posted by radioinsomnia View Post
Finally, 20K AA miles have appeared in my WR account history with a posting date of September 30. They are not yet in my AA account, but I expect them to be there next week.
Glad to see confirm of multiple postings for this promo. I'm still disappointed I didn't get a chance to take this one for 100k RDM.
Old Nov 24, 09, 1:44 pm

Programs: CX MPC Silver, Hilton Diamond
If I have not received the 10K from Wyndham, what should I do? Should I email or call their CS?
Old Nov 26, 09, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gijoe24jp View Post
If I have not received the 10K from Wyndham, what should I do? Should I email or call their CS?
Not received where? They posted to Wynham's site a month or two ago for most of us. If they haven't shown up there yet, that's definitely Wyndham you need to contact.

If they have shown up there as sent to your airline, which airline is it? As you can see from these posts, it's been more or less posting to one airline at a time, and just because it's posted to one airline doesn't mean it's posted to aother airline yet.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: