10K miles for 3 stays

Old Nov 7, 09, 5:06 pm

Programs: UA - Platinum; Starwood - Platinum; Alaska - MVP75; IHG - Platinum; Hilton - Gold; Marriott - Gold
Originally Posted by alextktan View Post
I just checked my United account. Still no bonus miles. Sigh.

alextktan
Same here. United hasn't posted my 10000 miles yet.
Old Nov 9, 09, 11:10 am

Programs: CO-plat, SPG-plat
Originally Posted by rrohio View Post
My 10,000 miles posted sometime today but showed a posting date of 9-30
Any one else get theirs today?
My CO miles posted within the past few days (hadn't checked in a few days) with post date of 9/30/2009. This promo worked out very well for me since I had to stay in a few places without Starwood properties!
Old Nov 10, 09, 8:45 am

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
Contacted WR by phone today. The original CSR said it would take another week. She also claims that Nov 10 is 8 weeks from Sep 10. I asked to speak to a supervisor. He was not helpful and rude. He called me rude. He said there is no way for anyone at WR to grant the miles. (FYI, my bonuses are due for US). I asked when I might see the miles he said "as soon as possible". I told him the first CSR said 1 week. He repeated "as soon as possible."

They have no intention of honoring the promotion per the T&C. (my assertion not his)

I asked for the location of the WR headquarters so I can contact the BBB. It's Aberdeen, SD. I then asked who above him could I speak with next.

(paraphrasing but not embellishing for my own benefit)
He said "She can't enter your miles either."
Me: "So no one can grant me the miles the promotion offered?"
He: "Correct. If I had the power he would do it right now. She hasn't the ability either."

He wouldn't give me a phone number or email for the Director of Wyndham Rewards. But he gave me her snail mail address. PM me if you want it AND intend on using it.

Here is the BBB for Aberdeen, SD:

BBB Branch Office
WWW: http://nebraska.bbb.org
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (605)271-2066
Fax: (605)271-2069
300 N Phillips Avenue, #202
Sioux Falls SD 57104
Old Nov 10, 09, 12:47 pm

Programs: DL Silver, HH Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Silver
Evan! - keep us updated on what happens.

Anyone else see DL miles yet? I'm still owed 10K DL and no sign of them. Sent a follow-up email to the prior customer service emails that said "I would get them..." and wait "6-8 weeks after end of promotion". We will see what they say - might be going the same route as Evan! if the response isn't satisfactory.
Old Nov 10, 09, 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by bearcat74 View Post
Evan! - keep us updated on what happens.

Anyone else see DL miles yet? I'm still owed 10K DL and no sign of them. Sent a follow-up email to the prior customer service emails that said "I would get them..." and wait "6-8 weeks after end of promotion". We will see what they say - might be going the same route as Evan! if the response isn't satisfactory.
The miles/points program doesn't matter. He didn't even know I was expecting US miles until 1/2 way through the conversation. I even asked if this was a US Airways issue. I told him I would change to another program over the phone if US was blocking the posting. He said there is no way to grand miles/points on any program and they will post "as soon as we can".
Old Nov 11, 09, 12:26 am

Programs: PC, WN, AA
5 days after contacting WR through the Web site, I have not received any response from them. Sounds like phone contact will be unproductive, but I'll try.

EDIT: Oh look, they finally replied a week later. How cute.

Thank you for your recent inquiry.

I have forwarded your information to another department for research.

Thank you in advance for your patience while your account is being
reviewed and updated.

This is not exactly endearing me to their mediocre brands.

Last edited by radioinsomnia; Nov 12, 09 at 12:23 pm
Old Nov 12, 09, 2:20 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus Dirt, Wyndham Rewards
I just talked to a supervisor regarding this. Here is my understanding:

Wyndham has told the airlines (UA in my case) who gets the bonus miles. I am not clear on whether Wyndham bought the miles or some other situation. In any case, Wyndham has sent the list of qualifying accounts to the airlines. Here's where it gets dumb.

Apparently there is some mess up which requires the data to be entered manually. Whose fault it is was unclear. The supervisor I talked to suggested I call UA. Hahahaha. Right.

According to him: Everyone should get their miles in time.

This, however, does not endear me to Wyndham. I'll be calling them next week to follow up.
Old Nov 12, 09, 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by sipes23 View Post
I just talked to a supervisor regarding this. Here is my understanding:

Wyndham has told the airlines (UA in my case) who gets the bonus miles. I am not clear on whether Wyndham bought the miles or some other situation. In any case, Wyndham has sent the list of qualifying accounts to the airlines. Here's where it gets dumb.

Apparently there is some mess up which requires the data to be entered manually. Whose fault it is was unclear. The supervisor I talked to suggested I call UA. Hahahaha. Right.

According to him: Everyone should get their miles in time.

This, however, does not endear me to Wyndham. I'll be calling them next week to follow up.
Similar to my interaction with Wyndham but you got more information than I did. I wasn't told anything about the mess up with the data. I asked if I need to call US and was told that would not help. It's not a US issue I was told. So I am thinking it probably wouldn't help to call UA. I envy the few that have seen their miles.

WR Hope someone is hung out to dry. They have lost many of us as future customers.
Old Nov 12, 09, 4:36 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus Dirt, Wyndham Rewards
Originally Posted by Evan! View Post
WR Hope someone is hung out to dry. They have lost many of us as future customers.
This will be the focus of my next call. Right now, I'm not too itchy. But another call could cause me to point out my annual spend with them. Admittedly not huge, but 30 nights per year probably isn't anything to sniff at in a very competitive industry.
Old Nov 12, 09, 10:05 pm

Programs: OZ LT D+, UA 1K, AS MVPG AF Gold, SPG Platinum (8 years), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by kay_jay View Post
Same here. United hasn't posted my 10000 miles yet.
My one is not posted yet.. It's too boring to wait.. Rather, I'm very unsure this is really working or not.. Very uncomfortable..
Old Nov 14, 09, 8:38 am

I got my 40K US Miles I got a call from someone at WR. I was not able to answer the phone as I was in line at security for a flight home. This was yesterday, Nov 13. She told me that my 40K miles had been sent over to US. If I don't see them soon she instructed me to contact US. I pulled out my laptop and checked my DM account. Voila. They were there.

However I still have to go back to WR because the "Date" column has 10/7, 10/8, 10/9, and 1/10 respectively for each 10K bonus. The "Post Date" has the same for each - 10/13. I had been told by WR previously that the post date would be noted as 9/30 so I would be eligible for the 50% bonus from US' summer blockbuster promo.

I am relieved to get the 40K.
I am not done with WR yet on getting the additional 20K they dangled in front of me.
I am impressed that someone from WR called me.
Old Nov 14, 09, 9:41 am

Update: Just got off the phone with WR. This time I got a much nicer CSR - nicer, but nonetheless ignorant to the whole 50% US Summer Blockbuster bonus.

I have now spoken with 3 WR CSRs and they all have the same basic response to my inquiry. All of them, at first, claim to have no control or access to anything US airways promised. This response, of course, required me to repeat YET again that I am talking about a promotion that WR offered on the WR web site that WR was dangling in front of me that WR made impossible to achieved.

Their responses were consistent if not acceptable to me. They have nothing in their records of offering 15,000 US miles for 3 stays at WR hotels.

So I repeat again: YOU..... Wyndham Rewards..... NEVER offered 15,000 miles. You offered 10K miles and promoted on your web site that with US Airways you can get an additional 5K by signing up for the Summer Blockbuster promotion. "That means you could earn over 15,000 miles. You have to register for both promotions to get the Triple Stay bonus plus the 50% more miles from US Airways." (copied directly from the WR web site)

If I sound like a broken record to all that are following this thread, try being the record! The CSRs at WR can not get it through their heads that they offered something that was IMPOSSIBLE to get because WR did not bother to look at the T&C for the US promotion before touting it on the WR web site.

So I now have a fax number to send all my supporting documents. THANK GOODNESS I saved the advertising copy to my computer. No one at WR seems to be able to locate any place where they promised 15,000 miles.

If you want the fax number and contact name PM me and I will share. I also have the name and snail mail address of the WR Program Director.
Old Nov 16, 09, 3:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K
10000 miles just posted to my United account. Finally. The miles posted as:

Oct 09, 2009 WYNDHAM REWARDS TRIPLE STAY PRO 10,000 0 0 10,000

I haven't contacted WR or United about this, I just kept waiting patiently...
Old Nov 16, 09, 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by kausa View Post

I haven't contacted WR or United about this, I just kept waiting patiently...
Congrats.

FYI to anyone needing to fax something to WR.

1) Faxes will be processed 7-10 business days after receiving (Thanks again WR )
2) If you want to verify that they did indeed receive the fax, you must provide WR with the fax number from which you faxed your documents.
Old Nov 16, 09, 4:02 pm

Programs: Priority Club RA, UA 2P
Originally Posted by kausa View Post

+1

Now, I will never stay in this brand hotel again! The things we do for points......

Search this Thread
Search Engine: