10K miles for 3 stays

Old Oct 21, 09, 6:04 am

Programs: DL 0.22 MM, AA 0.34 MM, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 GC 5*
Originally Posted by Evan! View Post
I seriously doubt I am going to get the 50% US Summer Blockbuster bonus. So I have two different calculations on $/RDM. I had 12 nights all biz related. Avg per night is $83.93 after taxes.

With US promo:
$1,007.18 / 62,680 US DMs = $0.016/RDM

W/O US promo:
$1,007.18 / 42,680 US DMs = $0.024/RDM
Almost a 50k threshhold, for signing up for a promotion. Sweet!

I'd have taken it upon myself to get that down to $33 all-in per night (per less), just for the challenge of the matress runs. I figure someone could have "stayed" all 150+ nights of the promotion, and scored 50+ "3x" postings. Wonder if there was a limit on concurrent stays...
Old Oct 23, 09, 10:36 am

Programs: DL Silver, HH Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Silver
A bit of info

I had email Wyndham CS to try to ensure I would get both DL and US bonuses. I have the US 10K one in my WR account (more recent stays) though it hasn't posted to US yet. I inquired as to where my 10K for DL stays were (done in May/June). After an intial response that I already had my 10K and me insisting I didn't have my DL 10K here is what I got:

Code:
I have verified that you are registered for the Triple Play promotion. 

Please allow 10 days from your check-out date for the stays to appear on 
your Wyndham Rewards account and the bonus miles will not be applied to 
the account until 6 - 8 weeks after the promotion has ended. 

You will receive your second 10,000 bonus miles and it will post to your 
Delta Miles account.
Thus, it is looking up for those that have multiple airlines in this promo. Just wanted to share another data point with the group.
Old Oct 24, 09, 4:25 am

Programs: DL 0.22 MM, AA 0.34 MM, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 GC 5*
Has anyone confirmed multiple airlines posting, or >10k posting to the same airline?
Old Oct 25, 09, 6:54 pm

Programs: US, CO, PC, SPG, Hyatt
still waiting for my 10K US

Miles are usually posted within a week after they are confirmed by WR. Not sure what happened this time...
Old Oct 26, 09, 8:27 am

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
For some of us it looks like WR is headed closer to the 8 week time frame rather than 6 weeks. The promo ended on Sept 10. Here it is Oct 26 I have have not gotten my 10K bonuses yet to my US account. Six weeks from Sept 10 landed on Oct 22. Eight weeks will land on Nov 5.

It never ceases to amaze me the contradiction that companies make with regard to marketing promotions. Here they were trying to encourage business for their program with a hefty miles promotion. But what has ended up happening is that I am so much more LESS likely to want to stay at WR properties in the future.

Since I can't get anything but a standard form email reply to my web correspondence (I don't need the T&C quoted to me AGAIN! and you never addressed my questions or even read them!) I am giving them until Nov 5 and then I start a snail mail campaign.

These thread titles say is all: worst hotel program and Is this the suckiest program EVER? (BTW, the answer is YES!)

I called a CSR at WR (866-996-7937). He confirmed that the eight week mark is Nov 5. I also asked him about the 50% bonus through US' Summer Blockbuster Promo. He claimed that the bonus miles will be back-dated to the date of the stays (for me July) and I should be eligible for the extra 5000 miles. I told him that I contacted US (by phone) and it clearly states in their (US') T&C that anything that posts after Sept 30, 2009 will not be eligible for the 50% bonus. He was rather dumbfounded and had nothing to add.

I congratulate the AA and Amtrak members who got their bonus miles. And I say this with quite a bit of envy.
Old Oct 26, 09, 8:56 am

Programs: DL Silver, HH Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by africansky View Post
Miles are usually posted within a week after they are confirmed by WR. Not sure what happened this time...
I see the 10K in my WR account dated 10/9, but they have not arrived in my US account yet.
Old Nov 1, 09, 1:24 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, HHonor Diamond, Hyatt PLAT, Marriott PLat, UA 1K, AA EXP, DL PLAT, BMI Gold, Co PLAT
For those AA member who got miles posted, did they back dated?
Old Nov 1, 09, 7:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/1MM, DL PM, UA Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Spire/AMB, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by yyliu88 View Post
For those AA member who got miles posted, did they back dated?
No, they're listed as posting on 10/09/09.
Old Nov 1, 09, 11:21 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, HHonor Diamond, Hyatt PLAT, Marriott PLat, UA 1K, AA EXP, DL PLAT, BMI Gold, Co PLAT
Originally Posted by CMK10 View Post
No, they're listed as posting on 10/09/09.
good to hear, I can count this one as one hit fot Us air promotion
Old Nov 2, 09, 1:39 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
Originally Posted by bearcat74 View Post
I see the 10K in my WR account dated 10/9, but they have not arrived in my US account yet.
I see 10k listed as "Summer Airline Mile Offer 09" also with an Oct. 9 date given. Nothing has showed up in my United MileagePlus account as of Nov. 2.
Old Nov 3, 09, 1:28 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold,IHG Plat Amb, CC Gold, Kimpton IC, United, AA, BA, Amtrak G.R.
spoke with a wyndham supervisor today- she stated "there has been a computer glitch, etc.- the points should post in your Wyndham account by 11/10. if not, please call back and they will manually add me to the missing points spreadsheet. after posting in the wyndham account, it will be several more weeks until the 10k miles post in my continental onepass account..."

quite lame, IMO...
Old Nov 3, 09, 2:16 pm

I talked to an agent yesterday regarding the 10k bonus confirmed in WR account but not showing up in my US account. She said I have to give them another 6-8 weeks from Oct 9 for the miles to be posted in US. I can only say that most of these representatives are clueless about their own program. I will surely ring them again after Nov 5 as Evan! suggested.

Originally Posted by Evan! View Post
For some of us it looks like WR is headed closer to the 8 week time frame rather than 6 weeks. The promo ended on Sept 10. Here it is Oct 26 I have have not gotten my 10K bonuses yet to my US account. Six weeks from Sept 10 landed on Oct 22. Eight weeks will land on Nov 5.

It never ceases to amaze me the contradiction that companies make with regard to marketing promotions. Here they were trying to encourage business for their program with a hefty miles promotion. But what has ended up happening is that I am so much more LESS likely to want to stay at WR properties in the future.

Since I can't get anything but a standard form email reply to my web correspondence (I don't need the T&C quoted to me AGAIN! and you never addressed my questions or even read them!) I am giving them until Nov 5 and then I start a snail mail campaign.

These thread titles say is all: worst hotel program and Is this the suckiest program EVER? (BTW, the answer is YES!)

I called a CSR at WR (866-996-7937). He confirmed that the eight week mark is Nov 5. I also asked him about the 50% bonus through US' Summer Blockbuster Promo. He claimed that the bonus miles will be back-dated to the date of the stays (for me July) and I should be eligible for the extra 5000 miles. I told him that I contacted US (by phone) and it clearly states in their (US') T&C that anything that posts after Sept 30, 2009 will not be eligible for the 50% bonus. He was rather dumbfounded and had nothing to add.

I congratulate the AA and Amtrak members who got their bonus miles. And I say this with quite a bit of envy.
Old Nov 3, 09, 3:02 pm

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
Originally Posted by africansky View Post
I talked to an agent yesterday regarding the 10k bonus confirmed in WR account but not showing up in my US account. She said I have to give them another 6-8 weeks from Oct 9 for the miles to be posted in US. I can only say that most of these representatives are clueless about their own program. I will surely ring them again after Nov 5 as Evan! suggested.
BTW, great FT handle!!!

This bears repeating:
CSR at WR 866-996-7937
Let's make them regret not getting their act together in before releasing this promo!!!
Old Nov 4, 09, 8:45 am

So now the WR guys started to say that they already sent the request to US on OCT 13, and they advised me to talk to US to sort it out. And as impatient as I am, I called US and US told me they are still waiting for Wyndham...I am just loving this game.
Old Nov 5, 09, 6:39 am

Location: SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold:AA Plat, Now retired but previous NWA PLAT 2 Million +, United 1K plus etc etc
Nothing posted in my United Acct as of this morning.

FYI for those calling CS, it doesn't open until 9:00am EST which I found out this am (after spending 2 min going through all the telephone prompts).

This is really reminding my of the Delta/Budget 10K promo that took many months, emails, letters and phone calls to post.

Everyone needs to keep calling and bugging them about this.

Bigshaker

Search this Thread
Search Engine: