Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ramada Plaza by Wyndham Bangkok Menam Riverside

Old Apr 21, 2024, 5:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum

Any stay here? Love that 7.5k points book directly into river view rooms. Curious what people think about the Deluxe Riverview (lower floors) vs Thai Deluxe Pool/River view (higher floors). From pics, the Thai room looks more tired, which may explain why they're priced the same.
Old Apr 26, 2024, 10:16 am

Programs: Various shiny cards at hotel chains and airlines
I stayed some years ago as Wyndham Diamond and got free lounge access and suite upgrade.

I now emailed them again earlier this week, what are the benefits and it seems like Diamonds still get suite upgrades, but no free lounge access anymore.

They also said:
According to your request for Benefit as of Platinum or Diamond , in case make a booking under go free the package do not included breakfast & Club benefit , in this case there will be additional charge as below details.,

Breakfast: THB 790.- per person per day

After noon tea: THB 650.- per person per day

Evening Cocktails : 950.- per person per day

Total 2390.- THB per person per day
I also noticed that on their own hotel website they sell rooms with modest surcharge for lounge access and asked if booking via their website I'd also earn Wyndham points or get benefits, but was told "no". Only bookings via main Wyndham website or app, but not the website of the hotel or their reservations team.

I think the rooms are quite similar. I'd go for riverview rather than the pool view.
Old Apr 26, 2024, 10:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
I got the same response re: no free breakfast or lounge, and (I think) free upgrade to Plaza City View Suite. I'm fond of the idea of river view though, so I'm not sure I'll take the upgrade.
Old Apr 29, 2024, 1:48 am

Programs: Various shiny cards at hotel chains and airlines
You can ask them to show you how that suite looks like and then decide on the spot.

If you are into Wyndham hotels in Thailand you might be interested https://flyerbonus.bangkokair.com/promotions/3987/
italdesign likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.