Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards
Reload this Page >

Wyndham discontinuing earning AA miles

Old Apr 2, 2024, 8:42 am
Original Poster

I have never selected that I wanted to earn AA Miles instead of Wyndham points. I confirmed it is not selected. Never in anyway linked my accounts, but I just got this email

Sharing in case this affects anyone.
​​​​​​​
Because you’ve previously linked your Wyndham Rewards account to earn or redeem American Airlines AAdvantage miles, we’re writing to let you know that earning and redeeming options with American Airlines will be ending May 31, 2024. If you currently have your earning preference set to American Airlines AAdvantage miles, it will revert to Wyndham Rewards points at that time.* For any questions, please contact Member Services at 1‑866‑996‑7937.

We remain committed to ensuring that Wyndham Rewards members enjoy a rewarding loyalty program. You can still redeem your Wyndham Rewards points for gift cards, merchandise, and other travel partner programs—plus, at thousands of hotels, vacation club resorts, and vacation rentals worldwide. And don’t forget, you can earn points on everyday purchases like shopping, local tours, experiences, and so much more.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 6:42 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
Everyone got the email whether it was their selection or not. It just means you won't have an option for AA in a few months.
Old Apr 3, 2024, 7:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by EasternTraveler
Everyone got the email whether it was their selection or not. It just means you won't have an option for AA in a few months.
The email says I previously selected it, which I do not believe is true
Old Apr 3, 2024, 10:34 am

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
Originally Posted by Schnit
The email says I previously selected it, which I do not believe is true
"earn or redeem"
Which means at some time in the past, you entered your AA number in order to use it in the future. That doesn't mean you chose earning as AA points instead of Wyndham points. I never selected AA and got the same email.
Old Apr 3, 2024, 12:14 pm
Original Poster

I dont think I ever did, but who knows what I did years ago.

Ironically P2 did transfer a tiny amount Wyndham miles to AA to stop them from expiring, but they didnt get the email, only P1

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.