Wyndham Rewards - Status Match

Old Mar 31, 2024, 7:39 am
  #16  
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 13
Originally Posted by Marvin9925
Just picked up my Caesar's Diamond rewards card at the Caesar's rewards desk in Las Vegas and asked them about the $100 Celebration dinner and they said that the status matches from the Wyndham Business earner is no longer eligible for the $100 celebration dinner. He said one must earn 100 tier credits to get the celebration dinner credit.
This wasn't true for me at all. When I picked up my Diamond card they told me the celebration dinner was on the card before I had even gambled. I think the 100 tier credits is for the founders card.

Last edited by Lootefisk; Mar 31, 2024 at 7:47 am
Lootefisk is offline  
Old Mar 31, 2024, 7:01 pm
  #17  
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,122
Originally Posted by flyer4512

Have you found any breakfast spots that take reward credits at 100 RC = $1 ?
No, but didn't really look hard. I ate at Giada's twice, Peter Luger once, and Ruth's Chris, since I was seeing Donny Osmond at Harrah's anyway.....Eating once per day was plenty, especially at Peter Luger....LOL

Eatwell at the Cromwell offers some breakfast fare and premade sandwiches and can take 100 RC to $1.00, but I wouldn't specifically go to the Cromwell for breakfast or lunch.
flyer4512 likes this.

Last edited by diesteldorf; Apr 1, 2024 at 7:44 pm
diesteldorf is offline  
Old Apr 1, 2024, 2:11 pm
  #18  
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,122
Originally Posted by Lootefisk
This wasn't true for me at all. When I picked up my Diamond card they told me the celebration dinner was on the card before I had even gambled. I think the 100 tier credits is for the founders card.
Me neither. However, the image which Flyer4512 posted also mentions the Founders Card specifically, so Caesars may intend Wyndham Earner Business holders to also earn 100 tier credits moving forward.
I have no idea when they updated their terms, but it will be interesting to see future data points, specifically in 2025.

Earning 100 tier credits isn't too onerous. I blew $40 to earn 22 tier credits, so it may have taken me $200 to earn 100, but I suppose there is always the opportunity to come out ahead, and it is a form of entertainment. I should've actually stopped at 10 tier credits when I was actually up by $11.00!

Last edited by diesteldorf; Apr 1, 2024 at 7:43 pm
diesteldorf is offline  
Old Apr 1, 2024, 2:12 pm
  #19  
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 6,640
Originally Posted by Lootefisk
This wasn't true for me at all. When I picked up my Diamond card they told me the celebration dinner was on the card before I had even gambled. I think the 100 tier credits is for the founders card.
According to Caesars both the Founders card and Wyndham match to Diamond need 100 TC for the dinner but just as in past years people are reporting different results.

One POSSIBLE explanation is it's only effecting people who just started matching and not those like my wife and I who have been matched for about 5 straight years.

Either way people should be award the dinner may not be on the card until a few days after they earn 100 TC.

flyer4512 is offline  
Old Apr 1, 2024, 5:35 pm
  #20  
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 6,640
Originally Posted by diesteldorf
No, but didn't really look hard. I ate at Giada's twice, Peter Luger once, and Ruth's Chris, since I was seen Donny Osmond at Harrah's anyway.....Eating once per day was plenty, especially at Peter Luger....LOL

Eatwell at the Cromwell offers some breakfast fare and premade sandwiches and can take 100 RC to $1.00, but I wouldn't specifically go to the Cromwell for breakfast or lunch.
The best steak I ever had in my life was at Ruth's Chris Vegas.............next time it was so so.............I think I ordered the bone in Ribeye the fist time and boneless the 2nd.

If
flyer4512 is offline  
Old Apr 2, 2024, 8:24 am
  #21  
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: Carmel CA
Posts: 17
Originally Posted by flyer4512
According to Caesars both the Founders card and Wyndham match to Diamond need 100 TC for the dinner but just as in past years people are reporting different results.

One POSSIBLE explanation is it's only effecting people who just started matching and not those like my wife and I who have been matched for about 5 straight years.

Either way people should be award the dinner may not be on the card until a few days after they earn 100 TC.

I don't recall seeing those terms before. Perhaps it wasn't in effect or enforced when we matched in February. We both had zero tier credits at the time our celebration dinners were loaded.

BTW for anyone going to Vegas before the end of May, Wynn just started matching https://www.wynnlasvegas.com/wynn-rewards/tier-upgrade

You could match Caesars Diamond to Wynn Platinum first, then match Wynn Platinum to Fountainbleau Gold https://www.fontainebleaulasvegas.co...s/tierupgrade/
flyer4512 likes this.
PattyC2 is offline  
Old Apr 2, 2024, 10:28 am
  #22  
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,122
Originally Posted by PattyC2
I don't recall seeing those terms before. Perhaps it wasn't in effect or enforced when we matched in February. We both had zero tier credits at the time our celebration dinners were loaded.

BTW for anyone going to Vegas before the end of May, Wynn just started matching https://www.wynnlasvegas.com/wynn-rewards/tier-upgrade

You could match Caesars Diamond to Wynn Platinum first, then match Wynn Platinum to Fountainbleau Gold https://www.fontainebleaulasvegas.co...s/tierupgrade/
Thanks for sharing. Do you know if this list of benefits is still accurate?

https://thepointsguy.com/news/wynn-status-match/

Platinum members get a $100 complimentary spa credit, $150 birthday dinner credit (must be used during your birthday month) and 2 complimentary Wynn Master Classes (each for two guests) each year.

Regarding, Fountainbleau Gold, is it worth anything without having the earned tier credits?

https://thepointsguy.com/news/fontai...ram-las-vegas/

Caesars and Wyndham actually have a corporate arrangement, so I understand why Wyndham Diamond members can get waived resort fees and celebration dinners. However, I wonder how long it will be before other casinos add terms to exclude Wyndham freeloaders who don't have any tier credits...LOL

Signed.....A Wyndham Diamond Freeloader
diesteldorf is offline  
Old Apr 2, 2024, 11:49 am
  #23  
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: Carmel CA
Posts: 17
Originally Posted by diesteldorf
Thanks for sharing. Do you know if this list of benefits is still accurate?

https://thepointsguy.com/news/wynn-status-match/

Platinum members get a $100 complimentary spa credit, $150 birthday dinner credit (must be used during your birthday month) and 2 complimentary Wynn Master Classes (each for two guests) each year.
According to this yes https://www.wynnlasvegas.com/wynn-rewards

Originally Posted by diesteldorf
Regarding, Fountainbleau Gold, is it worth anything without having the earned tier credits?

https://thepointsguy.com/news/fontai...ram-las-vegas/
My husband and I matched Unity Icon to Fountainbleau Gold in February and each received $150 dining and $150 spa credit. You need to insert your players card once into any slot machine and it will display a congratulations message with the amounts. My husband's card was incorrectly coded initially and showed the new member promo ($15 freeplay and $15 dining for those without status) so we had to go back to the rewards desk to get that corrected. He ended up with both sets of credits. We used our dining credits at Washing Potato and La Fontaine and spa credits for their day pass.
diesteldorf likes this.
PattyC2 is offline  
Old Apr 2, 2024, 2:11 pm
  #24  
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 6,640
Originally Posted by PattyC2
I don't recall seeing those terms before. Perhaps it wasn't in effect or enforced when we matched in February. We both had zero tier credits at the time our celebration dinners were loaded.

BTW for anyone going to Vegas before the end of May, Wynn just started matching https://www.wynnlasvegas.com/wynn-rewards/tier-upgrade

You could match Caesars Diamond to Wynn Platinum first, then match Wynn Platinum to Fountainbleau Gold https://www.fontainebleaulasvegas.co...s/tierupgrade/

The 100 Tier credits is new, when it was added I'm not sure.

That Wynn tier match is great, assuming they let us match again as we matched a couple years back.

MGM will then give us a temporary match so we won't have resort fees on our May stay at VDARA
flyer4512 is offline  
Old Apr 2, 2024, 2:14 pm
  #25  
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 6,640
Originally Posted by diesteldorf
Caesars and Wyndham actually have a corporate arrangement, so I understand why Wyndham Diamond members can get waived resort fees and celebration dinners. However, I wonder how long it will be before other casinos add terms to exclude Wyndham freeloaders who don't have any tier credits...LOL

Signed.....A Wyndham Diamond Freeloader
There is no way for another casino to know if you have any tier credits, some are assuming many base Diamond are via matches and thus want you to be at least Diamond Plus to match but in reality I'm guessing most Diamond status is earned
flyer4512 is offline  
Old Apr 2, 2024, 2:19 pm
  #26  
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 6,640
Originally Posted by diesteldorf
Thanks for sharing. Do you know if this list of benefits is still accurate?

https://thepointsguy.com/news/wynn-status-match/

Platinum members get a $100 complimentary spa credit, $150 birthday dinner credit (must be used during your birthday month) and 2 complimentary Wynn Master Classes (each for two guests) each year.

Regarding, Fountainbleau Gold, is it worth anything without having the earned tier credits?

https://thepointsguy.com/news/fontai...ram-las-vegas/

Caesars and Wyndham actually have a corporate arrangement, so I understand why Wyndham Diamond members can get waived resort fees and celebration dinners. However, I wonder how long it will be before other casinos add terms to exclude Wyndham freeloaders who don't have any tier credits...LOL

Signed.....A Wyndham Diamond Freeloader
Looks like Wynn is matching CET PLATINUM..............I wonder how long that lasts

flyer4512 is offline  
Old Apr 3, 2024, 6:22 am
  #27  
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Omaha Nebraska
Programs: United, delta, AA, Alaskan, Frontier, Hilton Gold, Hyatt, Chase Sapphire
Posts: 324
Is there an inexpensive way to earn a 100 tier points?
shanna135 is offline  
Old Apr 3, 2024, 6:53 am
  #28  
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: SAT
Programs: Marriott LTP, Wyndham Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, Delta Plat, Hertz PC
Posts: 764
Originally Posted by shanna135
Is there an inexpensive way to earn a 100 tier points?
Stay in a $100 room at a Caesar's property: Activities including gaming, dining, entertainment, hotel and many leisure experiences like shopping, spa treatments and golf at any of our 50+ resorts and casinos. We've made it easy to calculate the Tier Credits you'll earn from any of the activities below. Just remember to show your Caesars Rewards card for everything you do.
zdcatc12 is offline  
Old Apr 3, 2024, 9:17 am
  #29  
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Posts: 18
Originally Posted by zdcatc12
Stay in a $100 room at a Caesar's property: Activities including gaming, dining, entertainment, hotel and many leisure experiences like shopping, spa treatments and golf at any of our 50+ resorts and casinos. We've made it easy to calculate the Tier Credits you'll earn from any of the activities below. Just remember to show your Caesars Rewards card for everything you do.
Can someone elaborate on this? It looks like the rules have changes this year and you have to earn 100 tier credits to get the 100 celebration credit. What are some easy ways if you are not near the casino?
Arfandada is offline  
Old Apr 3, 2024, 12:37 pm
  #30  
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,122
Originally Posted by Arfandada
Can someone elaborate on this? It looks like the rules have changes this year and you have to earn 100 tier credits to get the 100 celebration credit. What are some easy ways if you are not near the casino?
You should be able to stay in any Caesars property (Harrah's, Paris, Cromwell, Planet Hollywood etc.) OR eat at any Caesars property restaurant (Giada's Gordon Ramsay, Bugsy and Meyers etc.) give them your Diamond card, along with your credit card, and/or charge to your room, and spend $100+ to earn 100 tier credits.

The only issue is that the terms state it can take 7-10 days from checkout or purchase to get the tier credits applied to your account. This is fine if you make multiple trips to Vegas per year, but could be an issue if you have a short stay.

Tier credits earned from gambling are applied to your account immediately--if slots or very quickly if playing a table game, so you may be able to visit the Caesars Rewards desk and/or a casino manager, after showing them that you have earned 100 tier credits, to get them to manually add it if needed. Good Luck.

Last edited by diesteldorf; Apr 3, 2024 at 1:27 pm
diesteldorf is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.