Wyndham 4 year Expiration

Old Feb 22, 2024, 8:30 pm
Original Poster

Wyndham 4 year Expiration

Did Wyndham move the location where you see your 4 year expiration date ?

The bottom photo ( which I found online) is how it used to be set up, now all I see is the 18 month expiration date.

Last edited by flyer4512; Mar 6, 2024 at 6:17 pm
Old Feb 23, 2024, 7:37 am

My format matches yours.

I happened to PDF my activity in January of this year and February of last year. Last year's PDF does show 4 years expiration but the current year didnt capture the expiration at all. So I know it changed somewhere in that 11 month period :-)
flyer4512 likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2024, 9:03 am

Programs: All of em...
Did anyone ever figure this out? Also don't see the 4 year expiration on mine. Awardwallet says mine are expiring in a month, but the Wyndham page says they're renewed for like 18 months. I'm worried my 4 year date is coming up.
Old Mar 26, 2024, 2:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by x712xdamx
Did anyone ever figure this out? Also don't see the 4 year expiration on mine. Awardwallet says mine are expiring in a month, but the Wyndham page says they're renewed for like 18 months. I'm worried my 4 year date is coming up.

I have no idea why you let your points get so close to expiration but I wouldn't chance it and I would transfer to CET and back and/or call Wyndham and ask.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 1:43 pm

Programs: All of em...
For sure. So many points programs between my wife and I that I just depend on Award Wallet or an email notification that they're expiring. So far in 12 years I haven't lost any! But if these are truly going kaplooey after 4 years then I'll have to transfer to Caesars. These are my wife's though and my records show she got these points in Fall 2021... so they should still be good until next year.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 8:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by x712xdamx
For sure. So many points programs between my wife and I that I just depend on Award Wallet or an email notification that they're expiring. So far in 12 years I haven't lost any! But if these are truly going kaplooey after 4 years then I'll have to transfer to Caesars. These are my wife's though and my records show she got these points in Fall 2021... so they should still be good until next year.
Transferring ( currently up to 60K per year) to Caesars and back to Wyndham resets the 18 month and 4 year expiration dates so why wait.
Old May 19, 2024, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you have no points expiring in the next 18 months, they presumably reformat the display, because I have used up all the points that might have been expiring in the next 18 months, and it now says "4 years" and that I have some points that are expiring in 2027 which is only about 3 years, so that's 4 years from I earned them. And on my display, it only has a reminder about the 18-month expiration.
Old May 20, 2024, 7:45 am

Originally Posted by sdsearch
If you have no points expiring in the next 18 months, they presumably reformat the display, because I have used up all the points that might have been expiring in the next 18 months, and it now says "4 years" and that I have some points that are expiring in 2027 which is only about 3 years, so that's 4 years from I earned them. And on my display, it only has a reminder about the 18-month expiration.
But all points expire in 18 months if there is no activity
flyer4512 likes this.
Old May 25, 2024, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Schnit
But all points expire in 18 months if there is no activity
Of course. If you look at my last sentence, I mentioned that it shows a reminder about the no-activity 18 month expiration. It just doesn't mention that any of my points are currently subject to that.

Last edited by sdsearch; Jun 1, 2024 at 5:28 pm Reason: grammar corrections
Old Jun 3, 2024, 3:23 pm
Original Poster

Looks like the 4 year expiration date is listed again.

Old Jun 4, 2024, 3:50 am

I guess you fix one thing and break another. Now it won't show be more than 3 months of activity
Old Jun 8, 2024, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flyer4512
Looks like the 4 year expiration date is listed again.

No, look at your message carefully I says the earliest points expiring are expiring way past 18 months, in 2027.

So that's presumably why your message changed.

Or do you actually have any points expiring in 18 months that it didn't show?

Because that's the exact same message that I got that I mentioned a few posts above, just didn't provide a picture of. AFAIK, it only appears for those who have no 18 months expirations pending, only 4-year expirations pending.
Old Jun 9, 2024, 1:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sdsearch
No, look at your message carefully I says the earliest points expiring are expiring way past 18 months, in 2027.

So that's presumably why your message changed.

Or do you actually have any points expiring in 18 months that it didn't show?

Because that's the exact same message that I got that I mentioned a few posts above, just didn't provide a picture of. AFAIK, it only appears for those who have no 18 months expirations pending, only 4-year expirations pending.
All points expire at 18 months so everyone has points expiring in 18 months. I have never had any of my long term point hard expirations go under 18 months as I transfer the max to CET every year.

Since I charge gas and Cell to my Wyndham card every month (for the 8x and 5X points) I will never have all my points with the same 4 year expiration date.

My oldest 12,669 points expire September 30,2027 or about 40 months from today, when I transfer those points to CET the date will change to show the next points in line set to expire and so on.

Back in February, when I started this thread , only the 18 month date was listed, there was nothing listed for 4 year expiration date so I was thinking they may have got rid of the 4 year expiration.

But anyway the dates needed for 18 months and the soonest expiring points ( beyond 18 months) are back and that's all anyone needs to easily preserve points from expiring.

Last edited by flyer4512; Jun 10, 2024 at 8:08 pm
Old Jun 9, 2024, 1:49 pm
Original Poster

Here is the difference, the top screenshot is my Wyndham expiration date as displayed in Feb 2024 without the 4 years listed or any firm expiration date of points regardless of activity.

The bottom shot is what I saw a week ago ( and how it used to be) with 18 month listed as well as an expiration date for points nearing 4 years that will expire regardless of activity.

Last edited by flyer4512; Jun 10, 2024 at 8:10 pm
Old Jun 15, 2024, 6:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flyer4512
All points expire at 18 months so everyone has points expiring in 18 months.
No, they only expire if you have no activity in 18 months.

And so if you've had a lot of recent activity, it may be that Wyndham Rewards is assuming you already know about the 18 month expiration, and is therefore only listing the 4 year expiration date details, and only a summary of the 18 month expiration.

It tends to list details of 18 month expiration date probably only when people have had no activity for a while.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.