Wyndham -> Vacasa max redemption

Old Sep 21, 2023, 7:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: None
Wyndham -> Vacasa max redemption

Maybe my searching skills are weak, but I couldn't find a thread discussing the maximum redemption that Wyndham allows for you to book a room with Vacasa for 15,000 wyhdnam points per pedroom per night.

I recently tried to book a 1 bedroom in Vail, Colorado and was told the max rate is $500 per night after taxes and fees.

My question is, is this standard across all of their 1 bedroom rentals? Does this scale if you add more bedrooms? For example, is the max redeembable rate for a 2 bedroom room $1,000/night?
Old Sep 21, 2023, 5:52 pm

Yes, that is correct. And yes, it scales, so $500 per bedroom/night all-in.
Old Sep 22, 2023, 8:25 pm
Original Poster

Awesome, thanks!
Old Sep 27, 2023, 12:38 am

I believe some properties are just off limits. I've tried to book telluride and even if it's much less than $500/night it still doesn't allow it. Also have had a similar issue at most properties in Park City. I haven't had any issue with Breckenridge or Avon properties that are <$500/nt. I've also has them test dates for properties at Whistler, and those were available to book.
Old Sep 27, 2023, 5:11 am

Another weirdness I had was some properties were only available to book 3 nights or more using points, even though cash bookings could be for 2 nights. Those were all quite inexpensive, close to $200 per night. Go figure.
Old Sep 27, 2023, 2:54 pm
Original Poster

It would wonderful if Wyndham/Vacasa just let you book online
Old Sep 27, 2023, 11:33 pm

Originally Posted by TheXMan
I believe some properties are just off limits. I've tried to book telluride and even if it's much less than $500/night it still doesn't allow it. Also have had a similar issue at most properties in Park City. I haven't had any issue with Breckenridge or Avon properties that are <$500/nt. I've also has them test dates for properties at Whistler, and those were available to book.
Can you please give an example of a Telluride property that is not available (and for which dates)? I am really curious because I haven't run into this issue, including a nice Park City Vacasa option. However, I do have a hunch that not all agents know how to make these bookings properly. Because once I called to make a reservation for a Vacasa that was under $500 all-in. The agent punched some keys and said "Sorry, that property is not available". On a hunch, I called back about 3 seconds later. Got a different agent and requested to book the EXACT same property for the EXACT same dates. This agent booked it just fine, no problems at all. So it's either that some agents don't know how to do it, or agents are graded on a "time spent per call" scale, and this agent simply didn't want to waste the time booking it.
ecgz88 likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2023, 5:13 am

Originally Posted by gregorygrady
Can you please give an example of a Telluride property that is not available (and for which dates)? I am really curious because I haven't run into this issue, including a nice Park City Vacasa option. However, I do have a hunch that not all agents know how to make these bookings properly. Because once I called to make a reservation for a Vacasa that was under $500 all-in. The agent punched some keys and said "Sorry, that property is not available". On a hunch, I called back about 3 seconds later. Got a different agent and requested to book the EXACT same property for the EXACT same dates. This agent booked it just fine, no problems at all. So it's either that some agents don't know how to do it, or agents are graded on a "time spent per call" scale, and this agent simply didn't want to waste the time booking it.
Honestly, it was all properties in Telluride or Mountain village between dec-apr. I don't think it's a CSR issue because before it was vacasa, these properties were listed under wyndhamvacationrentals.com When it was under that branding, there were some properties that weren't allowed to be booked via points even though they were only $100-$200/nt, and it definitely wasn't the $500 limit, because I rented some vail properties that were $1000+/nt (best redemptions I've ever made outside the few 1st class airline redemptions I've had). I noticed later they put some blackout dates(on the old system) on lion square lodge, and now almost all dates are $500+ so I'll never be able to stay right next to the gondola again lol. On the old website you could use the coupon code "wyndfre" or something similar to that to test whether it was bookable via points. You couldn't book online, it was just a way to test if it was bookable so when you called in you knew it was available for points. When it was wyndhamvacationrentals I was never able to get telluride properties to work so it doesn't surprise me it doesn't work now.

Unfortunately that doesn't work anymore and most CSR takes ages just to test 1 property + 1 date. They had an IT solution in the past, but maybe when they migrated system, it didn't transfer. It's unfortunate b/c I'd rather test on my own than be on the phone with a super slow CSR testing dates. I had one agent who was willing to search so many properties for me, and was so nice. I only made 1 booking, but searched maybe 20+ properties for 3 different dates (Park City, Avon, Vail). She was patient when I feed her all the property #s and dates and basically batched tested them and came back to me about 5-10min later after every batch. I wish I could get her every time. Most agents are much slower + and their headsets muffle their voice so they're hard to understand. They also said that they have to manually input some of the data into a spreadsheet, so maybe your previous agent just mistyped a date or something.
ecgz88 likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2023, 5:31 am

In case this helps, this "award tiers" thread is mostly about Vacasa (maybe could be renamed):
Change in award tiers on 2/22//23
Old Oct 25, 2023, 9:02 am

Apparently Wyndham reps now say the limit on a 15k Vacasa redemption is down from $500 in value for a 1-bedroom to $350 including taxes and fees. No real way to confirm this since it's not in the T&C.
Old Oct 25, 2023, 3:29 pm

I just submitted for approximately 20 properties across Maui and Kauai and only one valued at under $350 per night per bedroom with taxes and fees was "accepting points" (initially, some of my requests were just under the $500 per night but at least half were under $350). Disappointing. I am thinking that the payout to the unit owners was reduced and they were given an option to accept or reject. I wound up booking a Wyndham timeshare along with the one Vacasa that I found. Still not a bad value but not near the outsized value it was.
Old Oct 27, 2023, 8:19 pm

Do you know if you can book with points and cash? Say 30,000 points for two nights and cash for 3 more?
Old Nov 4, 2023, 12:31 pm

Similar experience here - called to inquire about several Breckenridge properties for March - all under the $500 all in price point. None available, even though several were available when I called back in August.

I will report back after I inquire about other possibilities using the $350 threshold... Sort of kicking myself for loading up on Wyndham points during the last sale. I made reservations using nearly all the points, but figured I would like cancel at least one or two of them

Dec Maui 1 bedroom
Jan Beaver Creek 2 bedroom
Feb Sarasota 1 bedroom
Mar Indian Rocks Beach 1 one bedroom

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.