Wiki Posts
Search

Wyndham, Best Rate Guarantee

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2023, 5:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, DL Silver, Hertz PC, Avis Pref+, Accor Silver
Wyndham, Best Rate Guarantee

I'm not sure if they are legit or not...
Booked a room, found a cheaper rate (Agoda), applied for the BRG. Got a mail back saying the rate I had shown them was non-refundable.
Not true. I replied with a screencap showing so.
Got a generic reply saying "this claim does not follow our terms and conditions through the Best Rate program."
Asked for an explanation why. Never got an answer.

Has anyone had Wyndham approve a BRG ?
Old May 26, 2023, 1:01 pm

Programs: Wyndham Rewards Member
Wyndham "Best Rate" - IS NEVER the Guarantee

Hi friend, I am here to actually guarantee as I am staying in one as an extended stay. I have also fought tirelessly with their customer service rewards points reps, and at best you receive a half a** apology. It is always cheaper to use Pricelines sister company AGODA or Super Travel, but regardless third party is the cheapest way to stay.

Chrissy

QUOTE=dand99;35223183]I'm not sure if they are legit or not...
Booked a room, found a cheaper rate (Agoda), applied for the BRG. Got a mail back saying the rate I had shown them was non-refundable.
Got a generic reply saying "this claim does not follow our terms and conditions through the Best Rate program."

[/QUOTE]
Old Jul 23, 2023, 11:50 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I booked a stay with a refundable rate. Submitted my BRG claim against a competing website (agoda.com).
The rate difference is at least 70% cheaper!!
Same room type, same dates, both refundable rate.
Only difference is Wyndham is cancellable 24 prior to check in date, Agoda is cancellable 7 days before check in.
Let's see if they will approve my claim. Worse case scenario if things still get denied, I'll just cancel my reservation.
Old Jul 23, 2023, 11:51 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

As expected, the rep copy and pasted the denial email. I highly doubt he even clicked on the link I provided, and they definitely will not approve a rate so drastically different!

Lesson learnt here, always book using flexible rate with Wyndham if you want to try a BGR claim. It's definitely a scam on their end, why even bother offering on the program when they are just going to deny all claims without looking anyway?
Old Sep 21, 2023, 12:20 am

The best rate guarantee is .........

Originally Posted by dand99

They wouldn't honor mine either despite finding a rate on agoda cheaper than la quinta. And it was more than 24 hrs in advance. They never want to honor it...
Old Sep 21, 2023, 12:42 am

The best rate guarantee is .........

Originally Posted by dand99

They wouldn't honor mine either despite finding a rate on agoda cheaper than la quinta. And it was more than 24 hrs in advance. They never want to honor it...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.