Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Caesars Match

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2023, 10:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by zdcatc12
How do you know the person that you replied to did a match? Did you assume that? Because they didn't say that. All they said was that they didn't have the credit card.
You are right, the person probably stayed enough nights @ Wyndham to get legit Wyndham Diamond status and never mentioned that but figured they would let everyone know they don't have the credit card.

Maybe he read my post and thought it was about getting Diamond WITHOUT having the credit card as if that was some sort of prerequisite to getting Caesars Diamond.

Regardless MANY people on other forums, FB, etc are reporting getting matched without legit Wyndham Diamond and without the credit card.

Last edited by flyer4512; Feb 17, 2023 at 10:11 pm
Old Feb 17, 2023, 10:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by The American in Canada
Can confirm an upgrade back to Diamond without a credit card. Hopefully it continues
Do you have legit Wyndham Diamond status via stays at Wyndham ?
Old Feb 18, 2023, 8:51 am

Can someone please share the link to match from Wyndham to Ceasar . I log in my Wyndham account and can not find it under offer section. Thanks
Old Feb 18, 2023, 9:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by vnfilm1
Can someone please share the link to match from Wyndham to Ceasar . I log in my Wyndham account and can not find it under offer section. Thanks

Just a FYI, You can't match Wyndham to Caesars unless you are Platinum at Caesars, most drop to gold so they have to match CET/Wyndham.

https://www.wyndhamhotels.com/wyndha...s/status-match
Old Feb 18, 2023, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by flyer4512
You are right, the person probably stayed enough nights @ Wyndham to get legit Wyndham Diamond status and never mentioned that but figured they would let everyone know they don't have the credit card.

Maybe he read my post and thought it was about getting Diamond WITHOUT having the credit card as if that was some sort of prerequisite to getting Caesars Diamond.

Regardless MANY people on other forums, FB, etc are reporting getting matched without legit Wyndham Diamond and without the credit card.
i don't have the cc and got my wyndham diamond from a previous match with caesars diamond but caesars dropped to gold and now trying to match back to diamond. i'll report back if i get it or not.
flyer4512 likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2023, 6:38 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton and Wyndham Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Delta Plat, United Silver, Hertz PC
Just a FYI, You can't match Wyndham to Caesars unless you are Platinum at Caesars, most drop to gold so they have to match CET/Wyndham.

Just curious, where does it say that you have to be Platinum at Caesars to be able to match from Wyndham? Is that new?
Old Feb 18, 2023, 9:12 pm

Originally Posted by BKDeltaFlyer
I was in Vegas last weekend and spoke with someone at the Caesars Rewards desk.
I explained my situation and asked if there was anything they could do for me. The rep said no and explained that when Caesars receives a status match request they reach out to Wyndham who than must "approve" the match request before Caesars will honor it.
It sounded counterintuitive, as you note, but that is what the Caesars rep said.
A supervisor happened to overhear our conversation and she corroborated what the rep said.

So I have reached out to Wyndham and will report back.

I contacted Wyndham via the support page on my Wyndham Rewards account.
You have to pick a category for the inquiry and in the text box explain the issue.
Be sure to include your Caesars Total Rewards number. Your Wyndham Rewards number is automatically included in the email.

They responded within 12 hours and said they are taking a look at the issue.
Originally Posted by gudugan
Similar situation to you, have Biz card, submitted match on 2/1. Caesars shows Gold on both My Rewards and the upper right corner.
The match from Wyndham is on the Caesars page, shouldn't you reach out to Caesars instead? https://www.caesars.com/myrewards/pr...rtners/?id=WYN (link works when logged in)
Submitting a request to Caesars here: https://caesarsrewards.custhelp.com/app/ask_first

What email do you use to contact Wyndham?
Originally Posted by vnfilm1
Hey y'all, when you guys contacted Wyndham diamond services via their website to inquire about the Caesars diamond match, which category did you pick for the inquiry?:
https://www.wyndhamhotels.com/wyndha...ontact-us/form

Did you pick 'Account Inquiry'? TIA
Old Feb 19, 2023, 10:28 am

Programs: Delta Diamond Medallion, Hyatt Globalist, Caesar's Diamond, MGM Gold, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by donasaur
Hey y'all, when you guys contacted Wyndham diamond services via their website to inquire about the Caesars diamond match, which category did you pick for the inquiry?:
https://www.wyndhamhotels.com/wyndha...ontact-us/form

Did you pick 'Account Inquiry'? TIA
I did select the "Account Inquiry" category,
Old Feb 19, 2023, 11:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by zdcatc12
Just curious, where does it say that you have to be Platinum at Caesars to be able to match from Wyndham? Is that new?
If you are still Gold go try it and you will see, it was there last year also.

It doesn't say it anywhere it just pops up when Gold status attempts the match thus why many are matching on the CET website.

The first post I made to start this thread shows a screenshot of the message that pops up
Old Feb 19, 2023, 1:17 pm

It doesn't say it anywhere it just pops up when Gold status attempts the match thus why many are matching on the CET website.

The first post I made to start this thread shows a screenshot of the message that pops up
The Wyndham site is used for copying status from Caesars to Wyndham, and the Caesars site is for copying status from Wyndham to Caesars.

So the error msg on the Wyndham site simply means it checked your Caesars status and it's too low to copy into Wyndham. (ie you are on the wrong site and trying to copy in the wrong direction for our purposes).

btw I used the word "copy" because some people seem to use "match" in the opposite direction, kind of like how you "match a belt to a suit" (you are changing the belt color, not the suit color). Here we want "match Wyndham to Caesars" to mean you are changing the Caesars status.
Old Feb 19, 2023, 2:01 pm

Programs: MR, AA, UA, DL, AVIS and growing
Originally Posted by lAzyTraveler
Correct. I don't have the biz cc. I've only stayed at one of Wyndham hotels once back in 2021.
How did you acquire Wyndham Diamond without the CC and no stays?
I'm Wyndham - Blue ; Caesar's GOLD
I can no longer use IHG Plat or MB GOLD elite to match to get Wyndham Diamond.
Old Feb 19, 2023, 3:02 pm

Programs: MR, AA, UA, DL, AVIS and growing
delete
Old Feb 19, 2023, 8:50 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton and Wyndham Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Delta Plat, United Silver, Hertz PC

Originally Posted by libralibra
The Wyndham site is used for copying status from Caesars to Wyndham, and the Caesars site is for copying status from Wyndham to Caesars.

So the error msg on the Wyndham site simply means it checked your Caesars status and it's too low to copy into Wyndham. (ie you are on the wrong site and trying to copy in the wrong direction for our purposes).

btw I used the word "copy" because some people seem to use "match" in the opposite direction, kind of like how you "match a belt to a suit" (you are changing the belt color, not the suit color). Here we want "match Wyndham to Caesars" to mean you are changing the Caesars status.
Thank you libra. That is the way that I interpret it also. If you are matching Wyndham TO Caesars, Caesars uses your Wyndham status to elevate your Caesars status, and not the other way around. That is what confused me.
Old Feb 20, 2023, 12:08 pm
Original Poster

Delete

Last edited by flyer4512; Feb 20, 2023 at 4:17 pm
Old Feb 20, 2023, 12:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by euromannn
How did you acquire Wyndham Diamond without the CC and no stays?
I'm Wyndham - Blue ; Caesar's GOLD
I can no longer use IHG Plat or MB GOLD elite to match to get Wyndham Diamond.
Wyndham has never stopped the back and forth status match so those that acquired Wyndham Diamond years ago via a match from another hotel program ( Hilton, IHG, etc) never lost Wyndham Diamond as long as they matched to CET Diamond and matched CET Diamond back to Wyndham every year and so on.

in 2022 CET temporarily downgraded some of the people ( no credit card or legit Wyndham Diamond status via stays at Wyndham) who were matched to CET Diamond back to Gold but then reinstated CET Diamond status stating going forward ( 2023) you had to get Wyndham Diamond via status or the business credit card to qualify for a match to CET Diamond..

SO FAR in 2023 it seems anyone with Wyndham Diamond is being matched to CET Diamond.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.