Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards
Reload this Page >

Canceling and rebooking a Caesars Property

Canceling and rebooking a Caesars Property

Old Jun 25, 2022, 10:28 pm
  #1  
SBT
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 111
Canceling and rebooking a Caesars Property

This one is a little tricky and prehaps confusing. Has anyone ever canceled an existing reservation and then rebooked the same hotel and same nights because the rate dropped? I don't trust Caesars rewards based on prior experience trying to cancel a reservation (pre diamond) and all the negative publicity. I am Wyndham Diamond (via the Business Credit Card) and status matched to Caesars Diamond. Booked a reservation at a Caesars property. First night's stay precharged to my credit card. Noticed a sharp drop in price. First tried to book another reservation on line. Would not let me do it at the Diamond no resort fee rate, since I already had a reservation. Called and the agent mentioned if I cancel an existing reservation it will take 10 days to refund the credit card payment. If I do so will Caesars allow me to rebook at the current Diamond rate? Before the credit card refund is applied? Noticed the web site shows prior reservations.
SBT is offline  
Old Jun 26, 2022, 4:21 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: SAT
Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton and Wyndham Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Delta Plat, United Silver, Hertz PC
Posts: 681
I am also Diamond via the Wyndham match. Yes, I have done it numerous times for properties in AC. The original deposit always gets refunded, though I don't remember it taking 10 days. The overlapping reservation thing is a whole different issue with them. During the off-season in AC, I can get any of the three properties for $45 or so and no resort fee. Great rates. However, I can only get the initial stay for Su-Fr. The following week, it won't let me book at the cheap rate if my stay begins Sa-Mo because it says that I have overlapping reservations, though it will let me book at a higher rate.This has been happening for years, I thought that they would have had it fixed by now. I don't call, because they never know what I am trying to explain, so I just give up.
zdcatc12 is offline  
Old Jun 26, 2022, 6:42 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 218
Originally Posted by SBT
This one is a little tricky and prehaps confusing. Has anyone ever canceled an existing reservation and then rebooked the same hotel and same nights because the rate dropped? I don't trust Caesars rewards based on prior experience trying to cancel a reservation (pre diamond) and all the negative publicity. I am Wyndham Diamond (via the Business Credit Card) and status matched to Caesars Diamond. Booked a reservation at a Caesars property. First night's stay precharged to my credit card. Noticed a sharp drop in price. First tried to book another reservation on line. Would not let me do it at the Diamond no resort fee rate, since I already had a reservation. Called and the agent mentioned if I cancel an existing reservation it will take 10 days to refund the credit card payment. If I do so will Caesars allow me to rebook at the current Diamond rate? Before the credit card refund is applied? Noticed the web site shows prior reservations.
Yes, you can do this no problem. I have done this several times & even just last week. You just cancel the reservation you have online & then right away it will allow you to book the same dates & hotel at the discounted rate. The refund for your first reservation is processed automatically when you cancel the first reservation but not sure how long it takes for the refund to show up. Usually only a few days.
flyer4512 likes this.
dustenm is offline  
Old Jun 28, 2022, 6:41 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 6,542
Originally Posted by SBT
This one is a little tricky and prehaps confusing. Has anyone ever canceled an existing reservation and then rebooked the same hotel and same nights because the rate dropped? I don't trust Caesars rewards based on prior experience trying to cancel a reservation (pre diamond) and all the negative publicity. I am Wyndham Diamond (via the Business Credit Card) and status matched to Caesars Diamond. Booked a reservation at a Caesars property. First night's stay precharged to my credit card. Noticed a sharp drop in price. First tried to book another reservation on line. Would not let me do it at the Diamond no resort fee rate, since I already had a reservation. Called and the agent mentioned if I cancel an existing reservation it will take 10 days to refund the credit card payment. If I do so will Caesars allow me to rebook at the current Diamond rate? Before the credit card refund is applied? Noticed the web site shows prior reservations.
I cancel and rebook at lower rates all the time, IME the deposit ( on reservations where a deposit was required) refund was complete in less than a week.


You can rebook at the new rate right after you cancel your current reservation.
flyer4512 is online now  
Old Nov 28, 2023, 9:55 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 20
This totally does not work for me and completely messed up my stay. I got the error "Our records indicate that you already have a reservation at one of our hotels during the same period requested. You can continue to book at our best available rates" and the phone support line could not resurrect the online rate ("online rates are not bookable via phone").
bppcomplete is offline  
Old Nov 28, 2023, 10:24 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 6,542
Originally Posted by bppcomplete
This totally does not work for me and completely messed up my stay. I got the error "Our records indicate that you already have a reservation at one of our hotels during the same period requested. You can continue to book at our best available rates" and the phone support line could not resurrect the online rate ("online rates are not bookable via phone").
Look at your existing reservations and see if the stay you cancelled is still showing active.

I had a Cromwell reservation I cancelled still showing active, I messaged CET and they had to process the cancellation manually.

I'm not exaggerating when I say I have rebooked at least 25 times over the years to get a better rate
flyer4512 is online now  
Old Dec 2, 2023, 7:10 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 20
Originally Posted by flyer4512
Look at your existing reservations and see if the stay you cancelled is still showing active.

I had a Cromwell reservation I cancelled still showing active, I messaged CET and they had to process the cancellation manually.

I'm not exaggerating when I say I have rebooked at least 25 times over the years to get a better rate
Nope, it was listed as cancelled and the phone rep said it was cancelled as well. This was at Circus Circus Reno; I had no other reservations anywhere at any time.

Edit: rates dropped again. Still cannot rebook after cancelling my reservation. Reservation shows as cancelled in account.

Last edited by bppcomplete; Dec 2, 2023 at 7:37 am
bppcomplete is offline  
Old Dec 2, 2023, 11:34 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 6,542
Originally Posted by bppcomplete
Nope, it was listed as cancelled and the phone rep said it was cancelled as well. This was at Circus Circus Reno; I had no other reservations anywhere at any time.

Edit: rates dropped again. Still cannot rebook after cancelling my reservation. Reservation shows as cancelled in account.
I have never stayed in Reno, never had an issue rebooking at any LV property
flyer4512 is online now  
Old Dec 6, 2023, 10:53 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 75
Do priceline reservations get the resort fee waived with Diamond status, or do I need to book directly through Caesars?
mjstallion is offline  
Old Dec 7, 2023, 5:28 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 6,542
Originally Posted by mjstallion
Do priceline reservations get the resort fee waived with Diamond status, or do I need to book directly through Caesars?
It's always better to book direct as if you book via 3rd party you get the worst room they can give you and if you need to cancel I believe CET gives full refunds up to 48 hours before check in.

I'm surprised as Diamond you aren't seeing far better rates booking direct, even if you are matched Diamond I'm guessing you have some coin in and resort spend.

To answer your question, I BELIEVE you have to book direct with CET to get waived resort fees but I'm not 100% sure as I have never booked 3rd party.
flyer4512 is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.