Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards
Reload this Page >

Wyndham Points Purchase (how long to post?)

Wyndham Points Purchase (how long to post?)

Old Mar 28, 2022, 5:56 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: SJC/BUR
Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold
Posts: 1,108
Wyndham Points Purchase (how long to post?)

I just took advantage of the sale on Wyndham points. They were only points $.093 cents each. The backend is run by points.com. Much to my surprise, the points did not post instantly. Does anyone have any experience as to how long this takes?
stvr is offline  
Old Mar 29, 2022, 2:03 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: IND
Posts: 2,010
Originally Posted by stvr
I just took advantage of the sale on Wyndham points. They were only points $.093 cents each. The backend is run by points.com. Much to my surprise, the points did not post instantly. Does anyone have any experience as to how long this takes?
Being over the weekend might have been a factor but I purchased last Friday 9am and got them posted on Monday, 3pm.
bobbybrown is offline  
Old Jun 19, 2022, 5:15 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,042
Last time I purchased on Friday evening PST and got them right away. Purchased about 4 hours earlier today and still haven't gotten them.
abcx is offline  
Old Aug 20, 2022, 6:46 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Singapore
Programs: Singapore Airlines Krisflyer, IHG One Rewards, Marriot Bonvoy, Wyndham Rewards
Posts: 56
Hi, does anyone know how often Wyndham have offers for points purchase?
hashim17 is offline  
Old Aug 28, 2022, 11:20 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: IND
Posts: 2,010
Originally Posted by hashim17
Hi, does anyone know how often Wyndham have offers for points purchase?
This link should help.
https://onemileatatime.com/deals/buy...ewards-points/
bobbybrown is offline  
Old Dec 8, 2023, 5:11 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 1,618
Originally Posted by stvr
I just took advantage of the sale on Wyndham points. They were only points $.093 cents each. The backend is run by points.com. Much to my surprise, the points did not post instantly. Does anyone have any experience as to how long this takes?
How long did this end up taking? I bought some points and they didn't post, was hoping to snag a booking
nomiiiii is offline  
Old Mar 1, 2024, 1:17 am
  #7  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: SJC/BUR
Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold
Posts: 1,108
I'm currently at 74 hours on a purchase. The quoted time is 72 hours. At this point I have a right to a refund/chargeback, but I will give it one more day.
stvr is offline  
Old Mar 6, 2024, 12:19 pm
  #8  
Marriott Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Programs: Previously top-tier everything, now a happy free agent
Posts: 1,003
FYI, I've typically had my points purchases post instantly, but I have purchased points before.

I just had a friend do this for the first time, and it took 72 hours, and then he got an email that the purchase wasn't successful and he wasn't charged. Our hypothesis was that it's some fraud prevention mechanism given he had just opened his account. He tried again and points posted within 24 hours.
bj27 is offline  
Old Mar 23, 2024, 12:52 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,042
Originally Posted by stvr
I'm currently at 74 hours on a purchase. The quoted time is 72 hours. At this point I have a right to a refund/chargeback, but I will give it one more day.
When was your purchase and when did you finally get them?

I made two purchases on Thursday evening and got the second one on Friday afternoon but not the first. I suspect it's a manual process and they don't process on weekends, so pretty sure mine will go over 72 hours also. And I cannot afford to give them one more day given the Vacasa devaluation. In the past I have gotten my points instantly.

No customer support available either. I hate Points.com.
abcx is offline  
Old Mar 25, 2024, 12:57 pm
  #10  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: SJC/BUR
Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold
Posts: 1,108
I called in at 80 hours and they said the purchase had gone wrong and been kicked back by points.com. They emailed points.com and got it posted manually within about 6 hours. So bottom line, budget 96 hours. 72 hours for something to go wrong and 24 hours for resolution.
stvr is offline  
Old Mar 25, 2024, 1:31 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,042
Originally Posted by stvr
I called in at 80 hours and they said the purchase had gone wrong and been kicked back by points.com. They emailed points.com and got it posted manually within about 6 hours. So bottom line, budget 96 hours. 72 hours for something to go wrong and 24 hours for resolution.
I called Wyndham close to 72 hours and they sent an escalated email to Points.com, which I think finally resulted in the points posting on Sunday night, just a few hours beyond 72 hours. Pretty sure if I had not contacted Wyndham we would have blown well past 72 hours into Monday, as I don't think Points.com works over the weekend.

Anyway, In this whole ordeal, I did learn that you can buy points on the phone with Wyndham and it is instantaneous. So going forward, that's what I will be doing.
abcx is offline  
Old Mar 26, 2024, 4:19 pm
  #12  
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 42
May I know which phone number you called? Thank you

Originally Posted by abcx
I called Wyndham close to 72 hours and they sent an escalated email to Points.com, which I think finally resulted in the points posting on Sunday night, just a few hours beyond 72 hours. Pretty sure if I had not contacted Wyndham we would have blown well past 72 hours into Monday, as I don't think Points.com works over the weekend.

Anyway, In this whole ordeal, I did learn that you can buy points on the phone with Wyndham and it is instantaneous. So going forward, that's what I will be doing.
firrainbow is offline  
Old Mar 28, 2024, 1:58 am
  #13  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: SJC/BUR
Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold
Posts: 1,108
They also told me that phone orders are instant. Who knew.
stvr is offline  
Old May 22, 2024, 9:18 pm
  #14  
 
Join Date: Apr 2024
Posts: 5
I just bought 22k points via internet after hours, 8pm PST on 05/22, points posted instantly. I did use my Wyndham Rewards Visa, but I don't really think that affects anything.
SifuGinSaing is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.