Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards
Reload this Page >

Wyndham Points Purchase (how long to post?)

Old Mar 28, 2022, 5:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold

I just took advantage of the sale on Wyndham points. They were only points $.093 cents each. The backend is run by points.com. Much to my surprise, the points did not post instantly. Does anyone have any experience as to how long this takes?
Old Mar 29, 2022, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by stvr
I just took advantage of the sale on Wyndham points. They were only points $.093 cents each. The backend is run by points.com. Much to my surprise, the points did not post instantly. Does anyone have any experience as to how long this takes?
Being over the weekend might have been a factor but I purchased last Friday 9am and got them posted on Monday, 3pm.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 5:15 pm

Last time I purchased on Friday evening PST and got them right away. Purchased about 4 hours earlier today and still haven't gotten them.
Old Aug 20, 2022, 6:46 pm

Programs: Singapore Airlines Krisflyer, IHG One Rewards, Marriot Bonvoy, Wyndham Rewards
Hi, does anyone know how often Wyndham have offers for points purchase?
Old Aug 28, 2022, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by hashim17
Hi, does anyone know how often Wyndham have offers for points purchase?
This link should help.
https://onemileatatime.com/deals/buy...ewards-points/
Old Dec 8, 2023, 5:11 am

How long did this end up taking? I bought some points and they didn't post, was hoping to snag a booking
Old Mar 1, 2024, 1:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold
I'm currently at 74 hours on a purchase. The quoted time is 72 hours. At this point I have a right to a refund/chargeback, but I will give it one more day.
Old Mar 6, 2024, 12:19 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Previously top-tier everything, now a happy free agent
FYI, I've typically had my points purchases post instantly, but I have purchased points before.

I just had a friend do this for the first time, and it took 72 hours, and then he got an email that the purchase wasn't successful and he wasn't charged. Our hypothesis was that it's some fraud prevention mechanism given he had just opened his account. He tried again and points posted within 24 hours.
Old Mar 23, 2024, 12:52 pm

I'm currently at 74 hours on a purchase. The quoted time is 72 hours. At this point I have a right to a refund/chargeback, but I will give it one more day.
When was your purchase and when did you finally get them?

I made two purchases on Thursday evening and got the second one on Friday afternoon but not the first. I suspect it's a manual process and they don't process on weekends, so pretty sure mine will go over 72 hours also. And I cannot afford to give them one more day given the Vacasa devaluation. In the past I have gotten my points instantly.

No customer support available either. I hate Points.com.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 12:57 pm
Original Poster

I called in at 80 hours and they said the purchase had gone wrong and been kicked back by points.com. They emailed points.com and got it posted manually within about 6 hours. So bottom line, budget 96 hours. 72 hours for something to go wrong and 24 hours for resolution.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 1:31 pm

I called in at 80 hours and they said the purchase had gone wrong and been kicked back by points.com. They emailed points.com and got it posted manually within about 6 hours. So bottom line, budget 96 hours. 72 hours for something to go wrong and 24 hours for resolution.
I called Wyndham close to 72 hours and they sent an escalated email to Points.com, which I think finally resulted in the points posting on Sunday night, just a few hours beyond 72 hours. Pretty sure if I had not contacted Wyndham we would have blown well past 72 hours into Monday, as I don't think Points.com works over the weekend.

Anyway, In this whole ordeal, I did learn that you can buy points on the phone with Wyndham and it is instantaneous. So going forward, that's what I will be doing.
Old Mar 26, 2024, 4:19 pm

May I know which phone number you called? Thank you

Originally Posted by abcx
I called Wyndham close to 72 hours and they sent an escalated email to Points.com, which I think finally resulted in the points posting on Sunday night, just a few hours beyond 72 hours. Pretty sure if I had not contacted Wyndham we would have blown well past 72 hours into Monday, as I don't think Points.com works over the weekend.

Anyway, In this whole ordeal, I did learn that you can buy points on the phone with Wyndham and it is instantaneous. So going forward, that's what I will be doing.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 1:58 am
Original Poster

They also told me that phone orders are instant. Who knew.
Old May 22, 2024, 9:18 pm

I just bought 22k points via internet after hours, 8pm PST on 05/22, points posted instantly. I did use my Wyndham Rewards Visa, but I don't really think that affects anything.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.