Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards
Reload this Page >

Wyndham/ caesars status match diamond

Wyndham/ caesars status match diamond

Old Feb 17, 2022, 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by Paupaaa
Just got this Email from Ceasars Marketing (See below). I wondering if their dragging their feet on status matching in an effort to get people to sign up for their credit card?... Would be an interesting twist..

Earn your Diamond status back using the Caesars Rewards Visa Credit Card!*

Don't miss out on your Diamond benefits in 2022. Earn your Diamond status back after you're approved for the Caesars Rewards Visa Credit Card by March 1, 2022, and spend $5,000 in the first 90 days outside of a Caesars Rewards destination!*
I wonder if they are making the same spend $5K offer to people who already have the Caesars credit card
Old Feb 17, 2022, 7:48 pm

Does it actually say anywhere that you have to be Diamond when you stay to get waived resort fees ?

I'm asking about reservations that were made while diamond which say no resort fees...............then when you stay you are Platinum or even gold.

I'm guessing it must be someplace in writing

Last edited by flyer4512; Feb 17, 2022 at 7:59 pm
Old Feb 18, 2022, 10:16 am

Programs: Caesars
Did my match on 2/1, sent an email to them on 2/10 and got my diamond status today.
Old Feb 18, 2022, 12:06 pm

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by CPtier1
Did my match on 2/1, sent an email to them on 2/10 and got my diamond status today.
where do you send the email to? I did my match on 2/2 and Im still Gold as of (right now)
Reefrav888 likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2022, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by flyer4512
Does it actually say anywhere that you have to be Diamond when you stay to get waived resort fees ?

I'm asking about reservations that were made while diamond which say no resort fees...............then when you stay you are Platinum or even gold.

I'm guessing it must be someplace in writing
You must be Diamond when you are actually staying there. Some folks have earned Diamond during their trip and had luck getting front desk to remove fee then.

Great place to follow Caesars over at vegasmessageboard.com
flyer4512 likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2022, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by NoStressHere
You must be Diamond when you are actually staying there. Some folks have earned Diamond during their trip and had luck getting front desk to remove fee then.

Great place to follow Caesars over at vegasmessageboard.com
I know what the rules are I was just wondering if it's actually in writing.

I'm back to Diamond so no big deal for me but reservations I made pre 2/1/2022 all say zero resort fees on the receipt I printed

I don't see any wording on the receipt saying I have to be Diamond upon my stay.

I was just thinking maybe some who are gold could show the Diamond desk the receipt ( assuming the reservation was made while Diamond) and maybe they waive the fees.

Last edited by flyer4512; Feb 18, 2022 at 12:42 pm
Old Feb 18, 2022, 11:50 pm

Applied on 2/4. Still not upgraded as of today. 🥲
Old Feb 19, 2022, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Getting back to status match - does not seem they are getting many approved in that nobody here is having luck. Same thing over at https://www.vegasmessageboard.com/fo....190022/page-3
Old Feb 19, 2022, 10:36 am

For those that had success contacting them, what number or email did you use?
Old Feb 19, 2022, 10:36 am

Getting back to status match - does not seem they are getting many approved in that nobody here is having luck. Same thing over at https://www.vegasmessageboard.com/fo....190022/page-3
I read this post over on VMB but it doesn't make much sense, how can you be Diamond and not have any activity on your account in the past 18 months ?

Getting Wyndham Diamond requires the business card which is not even a year old or a lot of paid stays, seems both would be impossible with a closed account but who knows, maybe it does work as some on VMB are saying they received the match after their Wyndham account was activated again

Update from my friend.... as someone posted, call the 800 number for Wyndham to re-activate your account if you have not had any activity within the last 18 months. Then retry the match. My friend did these 2 days ago and got Diamond today.
Old Feb 19, 2022, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flyer4512
I read this post over on VMB but it doesn't make much sense, how can you be Diamond and not have any activity on your account in the past 18 months ?...
CET Diamond got me Wyndham Diamond. That got me CET Diamond. Back and forth. So, yes some activity, but only that. No rooms. No credit card. Nothing.

Last edited by NoStressHere; Feb 19, 2022 at 3:22 pm
Old Feb 19, 2022, 4:59 pm

CET Diamond got me Wyndham Diamond. That got me CET Diamond. Back and forth. So, yes some activity, but only that. No rooms. No credit card. Nothing.
Ok maybe for some people ( assuming a status match doesn't count as activity) it did expire but all the people I know take advantage of the 8X gas on the Wyndham business card ( as well as the 90K SUB) so their accounts are active................still no match

Last edited by flyer4512; Feb 5, 2024 at 7:01 pm
Old Feb 19, 2022, 10:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
I didn’t use Wyndham during the pandemic and called and they did a one time reinstatement of my points. Being able to transfer points between the program is a good way to keep your points from expiring. I have the Caesars credit card and also a restaurant near my office is part of the dining program so that helps keep the Caesars points from expiring.
flyer4512 likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 7:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

FYI - they have specifically halted all hotel matches with an announcement on their website.

The match to Caesars is still there on different pages with a form to fill out.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 9:01 am

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
FYI - they have specifically halted all hotel matches with an announcement on their website.

The match to Caesars is still there on different pages with a form to fill out.

Really? Where? Link?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.