Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards
Reload this Page >

Caesars resort fee (Caesars Diamond, booked from Wyndham)

Old Sep 30, 2021, 12:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum

According to Wyndham T&C, resort fee is not waived at Caesars properties for Wyndham-booked award. However, if you're Caesars Diamond and get your CR# attached to the stay, then resort fee (and parking) should be free. Any DP on being able to / not being able to do this and which properties?
Old Oct 1, 2021, 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by italdesign
According to Wyndham T&C, resort fee is not waived at Caesars properties for Wyndham-booked award. However, if you're Caesars Diamond and get your CR# attached to the stay, then resort fee (and parking) should be free. Any DP on being able to / not being able to do this and which properties?
We get free rooms at CET but if the T&C say the resort fee is not waived I would believe it.

Maybe it would be cheaper to book via CET and transfer 30K Wyndham points to CET to pay the bill as it's worth $300

We transfer 30K each ( 60k total) per year to pay room charges
Old Oct 3, 2021, 11:01 am

I don't know what your plans are, but I did find some recent articles on avoiding resort fees on award stays.https://milestomemories.com/resort-f...m-award-stays/

https://www.pointswithacrew.com/waiv...gram-policies/

https://thepointsguy.com/guide/avoid-resort-fees/

https://www.wyndhamhotels.com/wyndham-rewards/terms

However, it may not be the best use of your points. I looked on Wyndham's site for a sampling of properties and rates.
Caesars properties are either 15,000 or 30,000 Wyndham points. If you value each point at a penny, it means the each award is valued at $150 or $300.00, depending on the property.

Originally Posted by flyer4512
We get free rooms at CET but if the T&C say the resort fee is not waived I would believe it.

Maybe it would be cheaper to book via CET and transfer 30K Wyndham points to CET to pay the bill as it's worth $300

We transfer 30K each ( 60k total) per year to pay room charges
When I made similar reservations through Caesars, the resort fee was removed automatically because of my Diamond status, and the cost per night was much less than $150 or $300.00. Only Caesar's Palace, and probably Nobu, was close to $300 per night, but it can often be less.

As Flyer4512 mentioned, the best option may be to transfer 30,000 points to Caesars and use those points to pay for your room.

Good Luck.
Old Oct 31, 2021, 3:22 pm

Best Vegas value ever

Getting the CR# attached is the key, but I've done it on check in (but that voids option of touchless check-in - which I avoid anyway to request Diamond room upgrade). Sometimes it is worth it to book direct with Caesars after status match.....

I'm Wyndham Diamond and this is the one place where the value is fantastic! Staying on the Strip at crazy low "lure" prices and avoiding their profit center of resort and parking fees....is the only certain win you'll get in Vegas! )

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.