Earning points with AAA rates?

Old Aug 14, 2021, 12:02 pm
eap
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP 75K, UA 1MM
Earning points with AAA rates?

I am quite new to the Wyndham Rewards program. I recently drove across the country with a friend, and many Wyndham properties were conveniently located and available on our trip. I booked each of the nights with the Wyndham app and chose the AAA rate.

Unfortunately, after the month delay in posting, I found all 4 nights at different hotels earned no points.

Is this normal? Did I get spoiled by Hyatt, Hilton & Marriott, all of which allow earning with AAA rates?
Old Aug 14, 2021, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by eap
Is this normal? Did I get spoiled by Hyatt, Hilton & Marriott, all of which allow earning with AAA rates?
While I could be wrong, I don't believe so. AAA is one of the most common discount code for the travel industry. So I don't believe Wyndham will exclude AAA rate.

Having said that - have you checked with individual properties?
Old Aug 15, 2021, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've had Wyndham hotels not post automatically, special rate or not special rate. Did you try submitting a missing stay request online for each one? (I don't know if you can submit a missing stay request on the app, I've only done it on the website.)
Old Aug 16, 2021, 6:52 pm

Sort of related I guess, unlike Marriott, Hilton, Hyatt , etc if your room is paid for with points you don't earn Wyndham points for spend made on property and charged back to your room ............given that I wouldn't be surprised if deny points on certain rates.

The best thing to do is call or email them.
Old Aug 18, 2021, 4:35 am

I stayed at 8 different Wyndham hotels back in July using the senior discount rate. The points from the 1st 4 stays posted when I got back home. The last 4 did not. I waited a week to see if they would post, and they never did. Sent a missing points request for each of the 4 stays. Waited another week, and didn't get the points or any kind of reply. I had to call to get the points added to my account. I never had more than 1 stay not post in any hotel program, let alone 4. It's like their system just stopped working after a certain date.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.