FYI Merging Wyndham Accounts

Old Jul 23, 2021, 2:46 pm
Original Poster

FYI Merging Wyndham Accounts

Just a heads up for people who have merged accounts because Barclay did not put your correct Wyndham Number on your new CC.

We have had to merge accounts twice, once for years ago for me and once late last year for my wife.

In both cases the merger went smooth and all the points ( SUB) were moved to the correct Wyndham Account and in my case the correct acct number was given to Barclay to post points.

We merged my wife's account in November and for some reason Wyndham sent the account number they CLOSED to Barclay and Barclay updated the number on all of her cards so since December 2020 all the points my wife earned have been sent to a closed Wyndham account.

When she logs into Barclay the Wyndham account # linked shows a balance of zero and instead of Diamond status it shows Gold which is what caught my eye. I noticed last night that her points are going to the merged/closed account,. When I try to access the account # the points are going to it says it was closed.

She only uses the one Wyndham card ( she also has a Earner Card which also has the wrong Wyndham acct #) now and then to keep it active as this is one of the old Wyndham cards that has 2x spend and gives 15K points for renewing each year.

I reached out to Wyndham and they opened a case, if she loses the spend points it's only maybe 1200 but the 15K posts in October so hopefully they get this straightened out.

I have been churning for 15 plus years so I'm surprised I missed this error for so long.

Last edited by flyer4512; Jul 23, 2021 at 4:07 pm
Old Aug 18, 2021, 8:25 pm
Original Poster

Just an update, it's been nearly a month and I'm still waiting for this to be corrected.

I have messaged Wyndham several times and also called, how hard is it to change a rewards number ?

I just got her the 90K Bus card, if I wasn't worried about Barclay getting mad and closing all her accounts I would just close both personal cards and be done with it.

The AF is coming up soon on the card that gives her 15k per year.............as of today those points will go to a closed Wyndham account.
Old Apr 22, 2024, 2:17 pm

Hi, I'm facing the same problem as you were and wondering if and how you got it resolved?

I applied for a new earner+ card and the Barclay system created a new Wyndham account for me. I had Wyndham merge the new account with my original account and now having a great deal of trouble with getting the credit card updated with my original Wyndham account. Both Wyndham and Barclays passing the responsibility to the other.

In hindsight, I should have just left both accounts active, earn my SUB and then close the original account and use the new account as my main account. Had my original account already linked to Caesars so thought this would be easier.

Thanks

Originally Posted by flyer4512
Just an update, it's been nearly a month and I'm still waiting for this to be corrected.

I have messaged Wyndham several times and also called, how hard is it to change a rewards number ?

I just got her the 90K Bus card, if I wasn't worried about Barclay getting mad and closing all her accounts I would just close both personal cards and be done with it.

The AF is coming up soon on the card that gives her 15k per year.............as of today those points will go to a closed Wyndham account.
Old Apr 22, 2024, 4:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by skymatty
Hi, I'm facing the same problem as you were and wondering if and how you got it resolved?

I applied for a new earner+ card and the Barclay system created a new Wyndham account for me. I had Wyndham merge the new account with my original account and now having a great deal of trouble with getting the credit card updated with my original Wyndham account. Both Wyndham and Barclays passing the responsibility to the other.

In hindsight, I should have just left both accounts active, earn my SUB and then close the original account and use the new account as my main account. Had my original account already linked to Caesars so thought this would be easier.

Thanks
This was 3 years ago but I believe I closed the card that had the 15K points per year for paying the AF then a few moths later opened a new Wyndham personal card and linked it in the application to her correct Wyndham #.
Old Apr 22, 2024, 9:59 pm

Thanks. So it doesn't sound likely that this will get resolved. I might just cut my losses. I haven't put any charged on the card yet, so I'll just be losing out on the SUB opportunity.

This was 3 years ago but I believe I closed the card that had the 15K points per year for paying the AF then a few moths later opened a new Wyndham personal card and linked it in the application to her correct Wyndham #.
Old Apr 22, 2024, 10:09 pm
Original Poster

Thanks. So it doesn't sound likely that this will get resolved. I might just cut my losses. I haven't put any charged on the card yet, so I'll just be losing out on the SUB opportunity.
I would get the SUB even if you have to use the points out of the new account.

I'm guessing you have the 100K SUB card............at worst transfer them to Caesars
Old Apr 22, 2024, 10:22 pm

Wyndham already closed the new account. I asked if they could reopen it but they said that wasn't possible.

I would get the SUB even if you have to use the points out of the new account.

I'm guessing you have the 100K SUB card............at worst transfer them to Caesars
Old Apr 23, 2024, 2:07 pm
Original Poster

Wyndham already closed the new account. I asked if they could reopen it but they said that wasn't possible.
That sucks, you may end up using a 5/24 slot, a hard pull and paying the AF for nothing

I would keep working on it as those points are being sent somewhere

The SUB spend is over 6 months so make a small charge the first few months until they figure it out. GL

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.