Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Wyndham Credit Cards

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2022, 8:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Beachchaser
The rate I got is excellent, my loan officer was up front with me and told me the underwriters were super conservative and new credit applications during the process could result in the loan not closing but they offered a cash out refinance which would result in more debt 🤔
Better safe than sorry but if your credit history is solid an app or 2 probably wouldn't effect anything..............if you have a credit monitor ( Credit Journey is free at Chase and Fargo gives free Fico scores) you can see how little opening a card effects your score.

According to Wells Fargo My Fico was 817 in Feb, 815 in March, 819 in April, 820 in June and 820 in July..................I opened 3 new cards during that time period according to the report and my credit utilization is 1%.

Oddly enough Citi denied me a premier card last month stating I had too LITTLE credit utilization, lol

Last edited by flyer4512; Jul 28, 2022 at 8:31 pm
Old Aug 4, 2022, 8:18 am

Originally Posted by flyer4512
Better safe than sorry but if your credit history is solid an app or 2 probably wouldn't effect anything..............if you have a credit monitor ( Credit Journey is free at Chase and Fargo gives free Fico scores) you can see how little opening a card effects your score.

According to Wells Fargo My Fico was 817 in Feb, 815 in March, 819 in April, 820 in June and 820 in July..................I opened 3 new cards during that time period according to the report and my credit utilization is 1%.

Oddly enough Citi denied me a premier card last month stating I had too LITTLE credit utilization, lol
offer is up to 60k, starting to wonder if the 90k ship has sailed
Old Aug 4, 2022, 10:22 am

Looks like 75k on the business card
Old Aug 4, 2022, 11:42 am
Original Poster

Good deal , I tried to get it but was denied, probably because I cancelled my personal NAF earner card a bit over a month ago so not enough time had passed.

I never had the Earner Plus card so if I was denied because they still think I have the Earner open I'll call the recon line.

Last edited by flyer4512; Aug 4, 2022 at 3:57 pm
Old Aug 4, 2022, 12:10 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat, Alaska 75k, IHG Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Schnit
Looks like 75k on the business card
I think this is the best offer we're likely to see on this version of the business card. I'd grab it if I didn't already have it.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 3:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyer4512
Good deal , I tried to get it but was denied, probably because I cancelled my personal NAF earner card a bit over a month ago so not enough time had passed.

I never had the Earner Plus card so if I was denied because they still think I have the Earner open I'll call the recon line.
Update, I cancelled my earner card June 28 and the system still showed I had that card when I applied on August 4.

I recieved a denial letter stating I could only have one card for this product, I called Barclay today and they checked to see my card was cancelled and I was approved for the Earner Plus.
Old Aug 28, 2022, 8:06 pm

Does anyone know how long it takes for the 10% off go free rewards to appear. I applied and was approved on Friday for the earner + but go free rewards still are showing 30k for wyndham grand clearwater beach, edit i now see you must have the required points for your stay for the discount to appear.

Last edited by Beachchaser; Aug 28, 2022 at 8:17 pm
Old Sep 27, 2022, 7:51 pm

Programs: Miles and frowns, IHG aluminum
Is this churnable under 24 months? For some reason I thought it was a 2 year rule, but upon looking at the T + C I don't see any language as such.
If I cancel my current Wyndham biz card how long until I can reapply?
Old Sep 28, 2022, 3:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Daichovo
Is this churnable under 24 months? For some reason I thought it was a 2 year rule, but upon looking at the T + C I don't see any language as such.
If I cancel my current Wyndham biz card how long until I can reapply?
Personally I wouldn't churn the business card as we get too much value out of the Wyndham ( CET) Diamond status plus 8 X gas and the 15K a year Wyndham points more than offsets the AF.

Barclay is too iffy for me to risk not being able to get the business card again.

We can and do Churn the Wyndham personal cards, latest churn was we held the Earner cards a year or so, cancelled and got the Earner plus...............60K Wyndham points posted for each of us this week, AF is $75
Old Nov 2, 2022, 10:29 am

I want to cancel my card while the fee is still refundable but the 15k points have already posted. Does anyone know if they will claw it back? What if I transfer to Caesars first?
Old Nov 8, 2022, 9:26 am

I want to cancel my card while the fee is still refundable but the 15k points have already posted. Does anyone know if they will claw it back? What if I transfer to Caesars first?
I decided to cancel P2's card. Canceled Friday the 4th. Logged in today and I see the annual fee has already been refunded. The 15k anniversary points are still there, so will see if they let me keep them.

Wish I could transfer them to my account to keep them alive a little longer
Old Nov 22, 2022, 10:21 am

I decided to cancel P2's card. Canceled Friday the 4th. Logged in today and I see the annual fee has already been refunded. The 15k anniversary points are still there, so will see if they let me keep them.

We are at 18 days and still no claw back, so I guess they are mine to keep
Old Nov 22, 2022, 4:45 pm
Original Poster

If P2 has a Caesars account you can transfer the points back and forth and reset the 4 year and 18 month expiration every year.

Either way the 15K expires in 4 years ( hard) or 18 months so you have at least 17 months to book a room using the points.

I believe Wyndham has a shopping Portal which will also extend the 18 month expiration.
Old Nov 28, 2022, 11:20 am

Haven't received the bonus points from sub, now in the second statement.
Old Jan 4, 2023, 1:00 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Does anyone know if the Earner Business card earns 8x at Caesar properties?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.