Wyndham Status Match Change??

Old Mar 27, 2020, 11:23 pm
Original Poster

Wyndham Status Match Change??

TLDR; Is Wyndham giving away status to people doing a match because of Covid closures?

I started a Wyndham Status Match from Best Western about a month ago from BW Diamond to Wyndham Diamond. The match was accepted at Diamond level by Wyndham and my clock for 14 nights in 90 days started. I had 7 nights stayed so far as of last week. Earlier this week I had a reservation at a Wyndham branded hotel in Western Washington. The hotel staff called to inform me they were closing all Wyndham properties in that town due to Covid 19 and my reservation was being refunded. I checked my Wyndham account today and noticed the the tracker for status match nights wasn’t where I normally would see it on the main page. I logged in using mobile and desktop to verify and neither is showing the tracker anymore.

Has anyone heard of Wyndham waiving status match requirement due to forced cancellations? Is there any way for me to verify if the 14 night requirement for a match is still ongoing for my account without calling in? I couldn’t find anything online about them changing the status match process due to Covid 19 but obviously things are changing rapidly so information may be out of date. It was going to be hard to hit 14 days due to reduced work travel so it would be great if I was guaranteed the match!
Old Mar 31, 2020, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by RQBark
TLDR; Is Wyndham giving away status to people doing a match because of Covid closures?

I started a Wyndham Status Match from Best Western about a month ago from BW Diamond to Wyndham Diamond. The match was accepted at Diamond level by Wyndham and my clock for 14 nights in 90 days started. I had 7 nights stayed so far as of last week. Earlier this week I had a reservation at a Wyndham branded hotel in Western Washington. The hotel staff called to inform me they were closing all Wyndham properties in that town due to Covid 19 and my reservation was being refunded. I checked my Wyndham account today and noticed the the tracker for status match nights wasn’t where I normally would see it on the main page. I logged in using mobile and desktop to verify and neither is showing the tracker anymore.

Has anyone heard of Wyndham waiving status match requirement due to forced cancellations? Is there any way for me to verify if the 14 night requirement for a match is still ongoing for my account without calling in? I couldn’t find anything online about them changing the status match process due to Covid 19 but obviously things are changing rapidly so information may be out of date. It was going to be hard to hit 14 days due to reduced work travel so it would be great if I was guaranteed the match!
This doesn't directly answer your question, but I also noticed that the challenge tracker data was removed from the online account (desktop version anyway). My son's challenge expired yesterday and his temporary elevated status was downgraded today, so I think WR is probably still tracking this behind the scenes but just not displaying it. A couple other family members' who are on a challenge right now still have their temporary elevated status but no challenge tracker data displayed.

Not sure if this is directly related or not, but Wyndham's regular status match page (https://www.wyndhamhotels.com/wyndha...s/status-match) now states the following: "Please note: New status matches are not being offered at this time. Check back soon to see when status match becomes available again." You can still do the reciprocal matches with Caesars on that other dedicated page, but not the "regular" status matches from other hotel programs. The FAQs and Terms & Conditions are still there so I do believe this is just temporary as stated. I'm guessing their service center is being overrun with COVID-19 changes/cancellations and they can't dedicate any resources to process the regular status matches. I guess we'll see when this becomes available again.
Old Apr 5, 2020, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by Dadofsix
This doesn't directly answer your question, but I also noticed that the challenge tracker data was removed from the online account (desktop version anyway). My son's challenge expired yesterday and his temporary elevated status was downgraded today, so I think WR is probably still tracking this behind the scenes but just not displaying it. A couple other family members who are on a challenge right now still have their temporary elevated status but no challenge tracker data displayed.
Just one more data point: I noticed this morning that my son's WR status was upgraded back to his previous temporary elevated status from his just-expired status challenge (but still no challenge tracker data is displayed). So I'm not sure if this means the challenge is still available to a new end date (although I would say that's probably doubtful), or if WR just chose to extend the previous temporary status level for a certain period of time. I guess we'll see how it plays out.
Old May 29, 2021, 2:28 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
I have expired status match. Emailed and was told they are not currently doing status matches.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.