Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards
Reload this Page >

Howard Johnson Express Inn Louisville Airport: Was It A Fairfield?

Old Mar 2, 20, 8:28 pm
Original Poster

Seeing a video of theelevatorchannel and Dan look at the Howard Johnson Express Inn Louisville Airport, I saw Floridian Elevators say in the comments the hotel at one point was a Fairfield Inn. Is he right? I also heard him say it looks older than a Fairfield.
Old Jun 17, 20, 8:58 am

Programs: BW, Choice, Wyndham, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
The old Fairfield Inn properties were 3 story, with the bottom 2 floors as exterior corridor and the top floor interior. Tripadvisor reviews back to March 2007 say that it is a Howard Johnson and also note that the building is a strange layout for a hotel with very little parking. From this, I kind of doubt it was a Fairfield, but I guess you never know.
Old Jun 17, 20, 4:59 pm

Programs: National Executive, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Visitor
Looking at this property there is no way it was built as a Fairfield. It is just too cheaply built and fixtured of a property. If you look at things like the doors, the fixture types used for the breakfast counters, and the spacing of common areas including the tiny front desk this was definitely not a Fairfield build.

It was a build of whatever chain had that rounded logo/sign because it obvious this is a conversion based on the sign frame being a unique shape, but not the Howard Johnson shape.

Kind of seems like it could have been built as an independent.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: