Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards
Reload this Page >

Wyndham Vacation Rentals not Bookable with Points

Wyndham Vacation Rentals not Bookable with Points

Old Oct 15, 2020, 9:17 pm
  #16  
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 1,870
Originally Posted by flyer4512
I just booked a condo in Newport Ri over Xmas for 15k a night
Did you have to call in? Is there a new portal? I'm intrigued!!
synergistic is offline  
Old Oct 15, 2020, 9:28 pm
  #17  
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 6,654
Originally Posted by synergistic
Did you have to call in? Is there a new portal? I'm intrigued!!

No, just go online......

Club Wyndham Inn on Long Wharf

Club Wyndham Inn on Long Wharf
142 Long Wharf, Newport, Rhode Island 02480
+1-401-847-7800

WED, 12/23/20 - SAT, 12/26/20 1 ROOM, 3 NIGHTS

1 ADULT, 0 CHILDREN

Check In
After 4:00 pm

Check Out
Before 11:00 am
Room DetailsOur spacious one bedroom condos comfortably sleep up to 4 guests and measure approximately 450 to 600 square feet. Youll enjoy a queen or king bed in the private bedroom, a queen sleeper sofa in the living area, partial kitchen, whirlpool tub and harbor view. Maximum occupancy is 4. Private sleeping area sleeps 2.

One Bedroom Deluxe Suite
Wyndham Rewards Go Free
Cancellation & Rate Details
45,000 PTS
Total for Stay
45,000 PTS
flyer4512 is offline  
Old Oct 15, 2020, 10:20 pm
  #18  
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 1,870
Oh, maybe I didn't actually understand what this thread was about. I've definitely used Wyndham for timeshare rentals, that's my favorite use of Wyndham points. My favorite property is a Shell property at Fisherman's Wharf, but the Worldmark in Seattle is attractive and I've now cancelled two trips there =( I'm a little confused, though, I haven't had any trouble booking those online at any point. Sometimes availability is limited or completely nonexistent, but then a bulk deposit is made and you can use flexible dates to find availability. There have been tons of open dates this year, I just can't take advantage. I had thought this thread was about actual vacation rentals, not the club/timeshare properties.
synergistic is offline  
Old Oct 16, 2020, 12:50 pm
  #19  
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Posts: 4
The booking above is a Club Wyndham booking.. that was never been removed and not what this thread is about.
This thread is about booking individual homes/condos that fall under Wyndham Vacation Rentals / now Vacasa.
synergistic likes this.
charlietravels is offline  
Old Oct 20, 2020, 2:05 pm
  #20  
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Posts: 2
Great news all, these are back!

Booking is a bit of a hassle, and as usual, the operator that answers will have no idea what you're talking about. Call 866-996-7937 and ask for a supervisor, it helps if you're patient and polite. The first time I called, I was given a random number to call, they couldn't help me. The second time I called, they sent me to Vacasa directly who also could not help. The third time I called, I politely asked to speak to a supervisor who spoke much better English than the agent and was very helpful. It's best to know the property and dates you want ahead of time, and the Vacasa website availability was accurate for me. They will take your information, fill out a form and call you back in 1-3 business days. It was a full three days for me. I booked an amazing ski condo in Steamboat for spring break for 15K points per night - so it also seems like there are no blackout days.

Super stoked to have this amazing option back. Probably the best redemption deal I've ever had!
mikesacc is offline  
Old Oct 20, 2020, 8:54 pm
  #21  
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Posts: 4
Originally Posted by mikesacc
Great news all, these are back!

Booking is a bit of a hassle, and as usual, the operator that answers will have no idea what you're talking about. Call 866-996-7937 and ask for a supervisor, it helps if you're patient and polite. The first time I called, I was given a random number to call, they couldn't help me. The second time I called, they sent me to Vacasa directly who also could not help. The third time I called, I politely asked to speak to a supervisor who spoke much better English than the agent and was very helpful. It's best to know the property and dates you want ahead of time, and the Vacasa website availability was accurate for me. They will take your information, fill out a form and call you back in 1-3 business days. It was a full three days for me. I booked an amazing ski condo in Steamboat for spring break for 15K points per night - so it also seems like there are no blackout days.

Super stoked to have this amazing option back. Probably the best redemption deal I've ever had!
Was there a price limit on your nightly rate? I finally got a hold of someone, and Vacasa says the max nightly rate for any night of the stay cannot exceed $500, regardless of the number of bedrooms.
charlietravels is offline  
Old Oct 21, 2020, 6:19 am
  #22  
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Posts: 2
Originally Posted by charlietravels
Was there a price limit on your nightly rate? I finally got a hold of someone, and Vacasa says the max nightly rate for any night of the stay cannot exceed $500, regardless of the number of bedrooms.
Oh wow, no that never came up. The room I booked was less than $500 per night booked directly.
mikesacc is offline  
Old Oct 30, 2020, 7:51 pm
  #23  
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 67
Originally Posted by mikesacc
Oh wow, no that never came up. The room I booked was less than $500 per night booked directly.
in the last two years Ive twice booked 1 BR+loft ski condos in Vail and Snowmass that were well in excess of 1000 per night for 15k points per night. Man were those home runs.
FastMJ is offline  
Old Nov 13, 2020, 11:32 am
  #24  
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 23
Is there a master list of these somewhere? This doesn't work on all Vacasa properties, right? The Vacasa site seems to just lump them in with everything else.
qLir is offline  
Old Dec 19, 2020, 10:23 am
  #25  
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 67
Originally Posted by qLir
Is there a master list of these somewhere? This doesn't work on all Vacasa properties, right? The Vacasa site seems to just lump them in with everything else.
The jury is out on that. I saw upthread mention of a $500 per night cap. I intend to book something later this year for Spring 2022 ski trip so I guess I will report back then.
FastMJ is offline  
Old Feb 25, 2021, 1:34 pm
  #26  
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,044
Is the pricing per bedroom or per property? And is it a flat 15k/night?
abcx is offline  
Old Feb 25, 2021, 6:09 pm
  #27  
Fiz
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 29
Originally Posted by synergistic
Oh, maybe I didn't actually understand what this thread was about. I've definitely used Wyndham for timeshare rentals, that's my favorite use of Wyndham points. My favorite property is a Shell property at Fisherman's Wharf, but the Worldmark in Seattle is attractive and I've now cancelled two trips there =( I'm a little confused, though, I haven't had any trouble booking those online at any point. Sometimes availability is limited or completely nonexistent, but then a bulk deposit is made and you can use flexible dates to find availability. There have been tons of open dates this year, I just can't take advantage. I had thought this thread was about actual vacation rentals, not the club/timeshare properties.
Lucky you, Worldmark's seem to have the most non-existent points availability when I look (usually in the North American mountain west), better luck at some of the other timeshare properties, Shell included.
Fiz is offline  
Old Feb 26, 2021, 8:01 am
  #28  
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 1,870
Originally Posted by Fiz
Lucky you, Worldmark's seem to have the most non-existent points availability when I look (usually in the North American mountain west), better luck at some of the other timeshare properties, Shell included.
WM availability is pretty terrible through Wyndham most of the year - I have literally never seen Worldmark West Yellowstone, even this year. I actually keep a timeshare for RCI points and I've never even seen it show up there. Seattle isn't common but I saw plenty of late spring and even now there's some scattered availability in April and May. I've pretty much stopped searching lately because I have Hyatt status and healthcare rates through September.

Wyndham is big on 'bulk deposits' where they funnel a bunch of their developer owned weeks towards their hotel program. It's great for shoulder season bookings. When they do this, Wyndham (hotels/rewards) is cheaper for a short stay than booking it as an exchange through RCI. Plus the cancellation terms are far superior.

I wish timeshares didn't have quite the (admittedly well deserved) negative image that they do - loyalty gamers would have a field day with RCI and II. There is a good message board for it but they aren't the same flavor of crazy that I enjoy here.
synergistic is offline  
Old Mar 1, 2021, 11:20 pm
  #29  
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 37
For those who have booked vicasa with wyndham points, are the cleaning and other fees passed on or are those waived?
chookshook is offline  
Old Mar 16, 2021, 8:32 pm
  #30  
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 67
Originally Posted by chookshook
For those who have booked vicasa with wyndham points, are the cleaning and other fees passed on or are those waived?
I assume theyre waived. Im trying to book a ski trip for next March and will let you know.i

UPDATE
i was able to book my 6 night stay in Park City for next March. No taxes or fees are charged.

Last edited by FastMJ; Mar 17, 2021 at 9:44 am
FastMJ is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.