Fed up with Wyndham Rewards

Old Dec 21, 19, 12:07 pm
Original Poster

Fed up with Wyndham Rewards

A fair amount of my travels in the past year have been to places where La Qunita is the most convenient hotel option. All my business travel has to be booked by the corporate travel agency, which for my company is Egencia (an arm of Expedia.) I always make sure to book a rate that explicitly states it is eligible for hotel loyalty points.

Yet my La Qunita and my rewards status still shows Blue with something like 4 nights of stays.

I have complained to Wyndham Rewards customer service about missing points/stays and they claim I've booked a rate that is not eligible for points. Recently I forwarded them the booking itinerary that stated it was eligible for "hotel loyalty points" under amenities.

In their last email response to me denying my points, they said that Wyndham Rewards is for "is meant for the individual" which I took to mean that it is not for corporate travel bookings. I recall having this fight with La Qunita last year before they transitioned to Wyndham rewards, but did not stay often at a La Quinta then, so let it pass.

I have not had this problem with any other hotel loyal program booked via the same corporate travel app other than Wyndham.

Also, for some reason whenever I stay at a Wyndham hotel my hotel key card demagnetizes several times during the stay. It has happened at several different Wyndham-brand hotels. I have a large magnet on my cellphone case so I'm sure that's why - but this has also not happened with any other hotel key cards other than Wyndham-branded hotel cards.

Has anyone else experienced these issues? I'm at the point where I will be looking to avoid Wyndham hotel travel next year, even though I know I will likely have to be travelling frequently back to the same place where the La Quinta is the most convenient option. Does Wyndham not want corporate travel bookings? I'm sure other hotel chains will gladly take them.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: