Viva Wyndham Samana

Old Dec 17, 19, 7:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Wyndham
Viva Wyndham Samana

Thanks to FlyerTalk giving me the heads up about the devaluation and ultimate opting out of the Rewards program I just completed a 7 day stay at the Wyndham Viva Samana all inclusive in the Dominican Republic. The seven days were booked back in April and cost me 105,000 points. It is a terrible shame that this property is now out of the reward program because this is an absolute paradise!
Old Dec 20, 19, 5:38 pm

Hi, did you have elite status with Wyndham (Platinum or Diamond) and was it honored at the resort?
Old Jan 1, 20, 9:24 pm
Original Poster

I'm Diamond. They had zero idea what that meant. It didn't really matter the place was amazing. Even our 3rd floor walk up was top tier.

Best

Kevin
Old Jan 4, 20, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by danukraine View Post
Hi, did you have elite status with Wyndham (Platinum or Diamond) and was it honored at the resort?
Iíve had numerous stays at the other Viva Wyndham properties. My last stay was this past August using points, and they told me that they no longer honor Wyndham elite benefits, but would do so on this stay, since Iíve stayed at the resort previously. However, they forewarned me that moving forward, they would no longer do so. Since Samana is owned by the same Italian, they likely all follow the same policy.
Old Jan 10, 20, 6:07 pm

We just came back from Viva Wyndham Azteca in Playa del Carmen, Mexico. Stay was booked on points - 15K per night (I made the reservation right before the devaluation on April 1st). I hold Diamond status. I got just few small perks - extra water bottle daily, two bathrobes and disposable slippers in my room.
When we stayed at this resort three years ago, Wyndham Rewards members were also granted the access to separate area on a beach - which is now exclusive reserved for timeshare members. Another change is that now you have to pay for children staying with you in the same room. Three years ago children were staying for free.
Old Jan 12, 20, 8:28 pm
Original Poster

I was very pleased with the Viva Samana property as it was very small, well designed, landscaped, and totally kid free. The atmosphere was almost spa-like. It was a huge bargain getting it before the devaluation.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: