How does points redemptions works?

Old Sep 12, 19, 12:47 pm
Original Poster

How does points redemptions works?

Half of points balance is expiring at the end of the month, I was going to redeem them or transfer them.

If I transfer to Casears, how long is the validity on the points transferred, and can you transfer them back?

In addition, when you transfer points, the agent stated, they randomly pick transfer points from your balance;
So say I have 100k points, and 23K points set to expire 9/15, and i choose to redeem or transfer 23k point, wyndham at their discretion can choose either

a) 23k of those expiring points,
or
b) 23k from non expiring points (so 23k points set to expire would be lost)

Anyone clarify whats what?
Old Sep 12, 19, 7:26 pm

Programs: IHG,Hyatt, Hilton Diamond, Marriott, Wyndham, SPG, United, Delta, Alaska, AA, Southwest
Originally Posted by fambam View Post
Half of points balance is expiring at the end of the month, I was going to redeem them or transfer them.

If I transfer to Casears, how long is the validity on the points transferred, and can you transfer them back?

In addition, when you transfer points, the agent stated, they randomly pick transfer points from your balance;
So say I have 100k points, and 23K points set to expire 9/15, and i choose to redeem or transfer 23k point, wyndham at their discretion can choose either

a) 23k of those expiring points,
or
b) 23k from non expiring points (so 23k points set to expire would be lost)

Anyone clarify whats what?

Caesars transfers usually take less than a week, you can transfer 30k/year

Transfers back to Wyndham are in 5K increments, not sure on the max per year

Oldest points go out first, transfer resets 4 year (and 18 month) on the transferred points if transferred back to Wyndham

https://www.caesars.com/myrewards/pa...yndham_resorts

Last edited by flyer4512; Sep 12, 19 at 7:35 pm

Search this Thread