Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards
Reload this Page >

How to book Wyndham Rewards Night for Friends

How to book Wyndham Rewards Night for Friends

Old Aug 2, 19, 12:12 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 3
How to book Wyndham Rewards Night for Friends

Hello,
I have some points expiring soon but no planing to use it now. I saw someone said I can book rewards night for friends. Is that allowed by the T&C? How to do it? I saw at the end of booking, I was able to change the name. Can I just change my name to my friend's name? Anyone has successful DP?

Thanks.
atinge is offline  
Old Aug 7, 19, 4:05 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Programs: IHG,Hyatt, Hilton Diamond, Marriott, Wyndham, SPG, United, Delta, Alaska, AA, Southwest
Posts: 4,965
My wife and I book nights in each others name all the time.


I just booked 4 nights for my MIL, no problem......................just put the name on the reservation, print the res and have them call the hotel before arrival to makes sure all is well.
flyer4512 is offline  
Old Aug 7, 19, 7:18 pm
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 3
Originally Posted by flyer4512 View Post
My wife and I book nights in each others name all the time.


I just booked 4 nights for my MIL, no problem......................just put the name on the reservation, print the res and have them call the hotel before arrival to makes sure all is well.
Thanks.

I heard that in Asian, the hotels are more "picky". Even for Hilton, it allows issuing rewards night for friends. In Asian, many were rejected to check in. They required the account holder to check in.

Have you tried this in Asian?
atinge is offline  
Old Aug 7, 19, 7:24 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Programs: IHG,Hyatt, Hilton Diamond, Marriott, Wyndham, SPG, United, Delta, Alaska, AA, Southwest
Posts: 4,965
Originally Posted by atinge View Post
Thanks.

I heard that in Asian, the hotels are more "picky". Even for Hilton, it allows issuing rewards night for friends. In Asian, many were rejected to check in. They required the account holder to check in.

Have you tried this in Asian?

No idea, I book rooms in America but if I were going overseas I wouldn't risk it

I transfer my Wyndam points back and forth between Caesars and it extends the 4 year date
flyer4512 is offline  
Old Aug 7, 19, 7:27 pm
  #5  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 3
Originally Posted by flyer4512 View Post
No idea, I book rooms in America but if I were going overseas I wouldn't risk it

I transfer my Wyndam points back and forth between Caesars and it extends the 4 year date
Thanks for your suggestions.
atinge is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread