Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards
Reload this Page >

Transferred Wyndham points to United

Old Aug 1, 2019, 11:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Silver, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond, Ex-UA Gold, Ex-AA Gold , Ex-SPG Gold, Peon everywhere else

Just providing a data point on my recent transfer of Wyndham points to United. Taking advantage of the United double miles promo, as our Wyndham points no longer provide the value for what we had intended to use them for (we also had expiring points we had to get rid of).

Transfers from two seperate accounts (myself and SO).
Transferred total of 152k points, converted to total of 60.8k United miles
Initiated on 7/25, received on 8/1.
Global Adventurer likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 9:06 pm

Originally Posted by eknock007
Just providing a data point on my recent transfer of Wyndham points to United. Taking advantage of the United double miles promo, as our Wyndham points no longer provide the value for what we had intended to use them for (we also had expiring points we had to get rid of).

Transfers from two seperate accounts (myself and SO).
Transferred total of 152k points, converted to total of 60.8k United miles
Initiated on 7/25, received on 8/1.
Just a FYI. If you have a Caesars rewards account you can transfer the Wyndham points round trip ( up to 30K a year) and reset the 18 month and 4 year date on the transferred points.

We also don't have much use for Wyndham points anymore so the 1:1 transfer to Caesars works for us, 10K Wyndham = $100 at Caesars
Old Aug 7, 2019, 6:11 pm

Programs: Wyndham
Thanks! Great value.
Old Apr 22, 2021, 1:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Silver, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond, Ex-UA Gold, Ex-AA Gold , Ex-SPG Gold, Peon everywhere else
Another recent DP:

2x United miles promotion runs through 4/30/21

30k Wyndham to 12k United.

Initiated on 4/1, received on 4/8
Old Apr 22, 2021, 5:48 pm

Another recent DP:

2x United miles promotion runs through 4/30/21

30k Wyndham to 12k United.

Initiated on 4/1, received on 4/8
this is painful to see. I get 3+ cents value per Wyndham point booking Vacasa ski condos. For 27k Wyndham points I can get $800-1000 worth of vacation rental (2 nights of 1BR plus loft luxury condo)
Old Apr 23, 2021, 11:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FastMJ
this is painful to see. I get 3+ cents value per Wyndham point booking Vacasa ski condos. For 27k Wyndham points I can get $800-1000 worth of vacation rental (2 nights of 1BR plus loft luxury condo)
I'm glad there are still some places were Wyndham points are worth something. But my 31k+ points were going to expire later this year and frankly I had no need for them since I hardly stay at Wyndhams anymore (once since 2018). I already booked hotels stays with other brands for the rest of the year and Wyndhams in general do not appeal much to me.
SPLP007 likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2021, 6:43 am

I'm glad there are still some places were Wyndham points are worth something. But my 31k+ points were going to expire later this year and frankly I had no need for them since I hardly stay at Wyndhams anymore (once since 2018). I already booked hotels stays with other brands for the rest of the year and Wyndhams in general do not appeal much to me.
That makes sense. FYI, the Vacasa properties are vacation condos not Wyndham properties.

Here is the one I booked in Park City UT for next March: https://www.vacasa.com/unit.php?UnitID=47297
A 6 night paid stay at this property would be around $2800. It cost me 81k wyndham points for a value of 3.4 cents per point.
Old Apr 25, 2021, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FastMJ
That makes sense. FYI, the Vacasa properties are vacation condos not Wyndham properties.

Here is the one I booked in Park City UT for next March: https://www.vacasa.com/unit.php?UnitID=47297
A 6 night paid stay at this property would be around $2800. It cost me 81k wyndham points for a value of 3.4 cents per point.
I'm glad you like ski places. But I don't ski, and meanwhile I like National Parks and other cool wilderness areas, and there's nothing Vacasa any nearer to Mt Rainer than normal chain hotels over in Tacoma or wherever, and nothing at all in the Page AZ / Kanab UT area, and nothing anywhere in central northern Nevada for Great Basin National Park, nothing near Capitol Reef National Park in Utah or surrounding central Utah areas, etc, etc.
jebr and Beachchaser like this.
Old Apr 25, 2021, 7:17 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
I'm glad you like ski places. But I don't ski, and meanwhile I like National Parks and other cool wilderness areas, and there's nothing Vacasa any nearer to Mt Rainer than normal chain hotels over in Tacoma or wherever, and nothing at all in the Page AZ / Kanab UT area, and nothing anywhere in central northern Nevada for Great Basin National Park, nothing near Capitol Reef National Park in Utah or surrounding central Utah areas, etc, etc.
just a thought. Many Ski areas are fabulous summer destinations as well for hiking, mountain biking, golf, fishing, rafting, photography, etc.
Old Apr 26, 2021, 10:22 am

Of course, redeeming 15k points for a $450 rental and finding that to be worth 3 cents per point assumes that you'd actually pay that full price for that vacation rental. If there's another rental that would work just as well for $150, and if you had cash you'd pick the $150 rental instead of the $450 rental, then the points are, from a practical perspective, only worth around 1 cent per point (since that's how much you're saving versus using cash for an accommodation.) Generally speaking, I rarely pay more than around $100/night for a hotel room in my travels or stay in areas where that's the low end of what I'd consider an acceptable hotel, so it's hard for me to value Wyndham points even at 1 cent per point - given the scattered nature of acceptable hotels within Wyndham, I generally consider half a cent per point as my quick-math value.

That's also why I've been steering a bit more to Choice lately - while it's harder to get outsized value, for my travels I can generally get a good-enough value out of points there, and the earning is similar or better most of the time there (the current promos being a bit of an aberration to that rule.) Not having to worry about hard expiration dates of points is also a plus - since I have the credit card with both programs it's easy enough to generate some activity, but there's rather limited loopholes to extend that hard expiration date for Wyndham points.
sdsearch likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2021, 12:25 pm

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
How about American?

I didn’t realize I could transfer to Airlines. Just moved some points to United.
American is my main Airline. Do transfer bonus offers come up , Wyndham to AA from time to time?
Old Jul 5, 2022, 12:15 pm

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
Wyndham to United

It’s on again.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 2:02 pm

Thanks! I have not been finding such great value with Wyndham recently. I have also gotten fed up with Barclay with issues i have had on the credit. I am seriously considering this just to cut ties with Wyndham
beachmiles likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 2:06 pm

I am reading the terms and I do not see where it needs to be to the same person's United account.

Can I transfer from my wife's Wyndham to my United account?
Old Jul 7, 2022, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by Schnit
I am reading the terms and I do not see where it needs to be to the same person's United account.

Can I transfer from my wife's Wyndham to my United account?
Didnt hear back on this, so I figured let me see what happens. I entered my name, my united number, and processed it from my wife's account. About 2 hours later I got an email thanking me for the transfer. Will follow up if/when it posts
beachmiles likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.