FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/wyndham-wyndham-rewards-430/)
-   -   Hotel reservation error; any options (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/wyndham-wyndham-rewards/1968926-hotel-reservation-error-any-options.html)

srbarnes4ever May 9, 2019 9:04 am

Hotel reservation error; any options

Greetings folks....I am perturbed though the error is one of my own making. While intending to make a reservation for this weekend (5/11 - 5/12) at a Wyndham property, I failed to edit the dates and the reservation was made for tonight. Upon receiving the confirmation email, I noted the error and called immediately to ask them to edit the dates. I was met with their policy to charge 1 day for all changes within 24 hours of arrival date. Clearly given the error and the prompt call I had hoped they would attempt to modify but in fact they held firm and offered no option. The booking was made on Amex Platinum if that adds value - what are my options?

thx,
srb

LondonElite May 9, 2019 10:38 am

Unfortunately, unless Wyndham will give you a break, no, there is nothing you can do. I did the same thing a few days ago. Booked for Sunday night (intending Monday) and when I showed up Monday the lady Athene desk very politely told me that my reservation(s) were for the night before. Embarrassing, especially with my client standing beside me. In the end, she reversed the charge and gave me the rooms at the same rate.

craz May 9, 2019 10:45 am

Originally Posted by LondonElite (Post 31083669)
Unfortunately, unless Wyndham will give you a break, no, there is nothing you can do. I did the same thing a few days ago. Booked for Sunday night (intending Monday) and when I showed up Monday the lady Athene desk very politely told me that my reservation(s) were for the night before. Embarrassing, especially with my client standing beside me. In the end, she reversed the charge and gave me the rooms at the same rate.

This!

Dont call Wyn call the hotel and explain it to them OP, most likely the hotel will change the date for you if they still have the same room type available as you booked it, if not they may allow the change but require that you pay the new rate

srbarnes4ever May 10, 2019 8:30 am

Originally Posted by craz (Post 31083693)
This!

Dont call Wyn call the hotel and explain it to them OP, most likely the hotel will change the date for you if they still have the same room type available as you booked it, if not they may allow the change but require that you pay the new rate

This worked....after hanging up with Wyndham reservation line I called the hotel directly and they had no problem modifying the record. First time at a Wyndham property and this will at least give me a good starting point for future reference!

Thanks all!