Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards
Reload this Page >

Currently at Wyndham Ocean Ridge Edisto Is.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2019, 4:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United, delta, AA, Alaskan, Frontier, Hilton Gold, Hyatt, Chase Sapphire

When I booked I thought we were going to get the location that they show you on the wed site when you book. Not even close. We have a major road and trash cans instead of the ocean view that they show. Asked for an upgrade but no luck. I guess it's my fault but others beware when booking here.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 7:09 pm

I’m so sorry to hear of your disappointing stay. What I’ve learned over the years is that Wyndham tends not to have the greatest properties, and when you find a decent property, location is usually not the best.

take for example all of their Hawaiian properties. They have a decent number of them, but try to find one with a beach.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 11:37 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by shanna135
When I booked I thought we were going to get the location that they show you on the wed site when you book. Not even close. We have a major road and trash cans instead of the ocean view that they show. Asked for an upgrade but no luck. I guess it's my fault but others beware when booking here.
Did you book ocean view? I assume there aren't many properties around that have every room with all ocean view rooms so it stands to reason that some rooms will have not so good views of parking lots, etc. especially a property with a bunch of individual buildings. It is unfortunate that you got one of those rooms but unless you booked ocean view you really cannot assume that every room has one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.