Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards
Reload this Page >

Wyndham Property in NYC for 15,000 points?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2019, 7:13 pm
SBT
Original Poster

I was a LaQunita Rewards member with 36,000 points. This would get me two free nights at the LaQuinta Central Park. Now that its Wyndham a free night is 30,000 points. Bummer! Anyone know of a decent Wyndham Property in the NYC area that is still 15,000 points for a free night? Thanks.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 7:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SBT
I was a LaQunita Rewards member with 36,000 points. This would get me two free nights at the LaQuinta Central Park. Now that its Wyndham a free night is 30,000 points. Bummer! Anyone know of a decent Wyndham Property in the NYC area that is still 15,000 points for a free night? Thanks.
NYC area? There is at least one LQ in Queens and one in Seacaucus NJ, plus a Microtel (which is generally a good midscale brand) in Long Island City (near Manhattan but across the river in Queens). You'll have to check the individual hotel reviews yourself to figure out if those particular properties are "decent", and they may not always have availability (I did a search into late fall just to see what exists, yet even then some hotels showed no availability and so I couldn't see how many points they required).

While doing a points search on the WR website, once you get the results, you can filter out the 30k properties so that only 15k (or 7.5k) show, and you can also filter by brands if you wish. And you can do this while doing either a list view or a map view (that map view may make it more obvious where in relationship to NYC each lower-in-points hotel is located).
Old Apr 21, 2019, 5:42 pm
SBT
Original Poster

Thanks sdsearch. Microtel will work. Most LaQuinta's in NYC (except Central Park) are not very desirable.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 6:21 pm

the best is to use IHG free night while saving the wyndham points for other places

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.