Wiki Posts
Search

4 Year Expiration

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2021, 2:02 pm
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by flyer4512
Just an FYI, any points that expire ( for good 4 years after they were earned) in January 2025 were earned in January 2021 or last month................there is also a 18 month expiration date
What? Where did that 18-month expiration come from? I haven't checked my account for at least that long, so my points are probably gone by now. Good thing I only have (had) a small balance.

LAX
Old Feb 17, 2021, 3:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LAX
What? Where did that 18-month expiration come from? I haven't checked my account for at least that long, so my points are probably gone by now. Good thing I only have (had) a small balance.

LAX

18 months has been there for many years. If you look at the first post in this thread I mention my 18 month expiration.............that post was made 23 months ago

Points expire 4 years after they are earned. You have 4,894 that will expire on 10/31/2024.

In addition, after 18 consecutive months without any account activity, all of your points will be forfeited. Be sure to stay or redeem with us by 07/20/2022.
Brendan likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2021, 6:01 pm
Fiz

Originally Posted by LAX

LAX
Looking like zero points activity during 18 months results in the forfeiture of all points- "In addition, after 18 consecutive months without any account activity, all of your points will be forfeited.". For me, this date listed (under My Account - Learn More where it shows the regular expiration on the left side) is later than the date of the 4 year rule.
Brendan likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2021, 7:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Fiz
Looking like zero points activity during 18 months results in the forfeiture of all points- "In addition, after 18 consecutive months without any account activity, all of your points will be forfeited.". For me, this date listed (under My Account - Learn More where it shows the regular expiration on the left side) is later than the date of the 4 year rule.
I'm not sure how our 18 month expiration date can be later than the 4 year expiration date...........here is mine

Points expire 4 years after they are earned. You have 2,911 that will expire on 01/31/2023.

In addition, after 18 consecutive months without any account activity, all of your points will be forfeited. Be sure to stay or redeem with us by 08/17/2022.

Old Feb 28, 2021, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flyer4512
I'm not sure how our 18 month expiration date can be later than the 4 year expiration date...........here is mine

Points expire 4 years after they are earned. You have 2,911 that will expire on 01/31/2023.

In addition, after 18 consecutive months without any account activity, all of your points will be forfeited. Be sure to stay or redeem with us by 08/17/2022.

If someone's oldest points were earned 3 years and 10 months ago, then the 4 year date would be in 2 months.

But if that person had other points there were earned in the past year, Wyndham would also display the 18 consecutive months statement, and that would be in 18 months.

So it depends on how old your oldest points are as to whether the dates will be in one order or the other order.

Obviously, someone who used La Quinta to reset their 4-year expiration a couple years ago and/or who used Caesar's 30k/year transfers-there-and-back enough to reset enough of their 4-year expiration and/or who redeemed their oldest points already is only likely to see the order that you showed here. But someone who has really old points because they've done none of this yet, they may have the opposite order.

I reset everything with La Quinta, and then I reset 30k more with Caesar's, so my order is the same as yours. (I haven't redeemed in a few years, though.)
Brendan likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2021, 1:58 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Not intentional but booking an award stay and then cancel seems to have extended the 18 months inactivity deadline. For me this is not an issue as I'll be staying at Wyndham soon so it will reset afterward, but is there any DP of someone actually cancelling award and the deadline remained extended for 18 months without staying (either using or earning points)?
Old Mar 21, 2021, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vincewy
Not intentional but booking an award stay and then cancel seems to have extended the 18 months inactivity deadline. For me this is not an issue as I'll be staying at Wyndham soon so it will reset afterward, but is there any DP of someone actually cancelling award and the deadline remained extended for 18 months without staying (either using or earning points)?
This is a thread about the 4-year expiration, which can't be extended and has nothing to do with activity. It's a "hard" type of expiration which no other hotel program has (some Asian airline programs have "hard" expirations).

The most recent thread about the 18-month resettable expiration I see is:

Points lost due to 18 months inactivity
Brendan likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2021, 9:12 am
RNE

Good morning, RNE! You have 47,845 Points. 29,627 of your points will expire on 08/31/2021
I want to use 45k Wyndham points to book a hotel stay in June 2022 (which is long after a large portion of those points will expire). However, I have no idea where I want to stay; it could literally be any city in the U.S. Here's my plan: Book a "placeholding" 2022 Wyndham stay (in any city) with those 45k points before they expire. Then, many months later, change the booking to the city I want. Will that work?

If the foregoing isn't viable, I'll give the TR transfer a whirl. Fortunately, I have less that 30k (just barely less!) points expiring.

RNE, disappointed in Wyndham for not extending the 48-month expiry, given 2020's problematic travel vis-à-vis COVID.
Brendan likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2021, 7:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RNE
I want to use 45k Wyndham points to book a hotel stay in June 2022 (which is long after a large portion of those points will expire). However, I have no idea where I want to stay; it could literally be any city in the U.S. Here's my plan: Book a "placeholding" 2022 Wyndham stay (in any city) with those 45k points before they expire. Then, many months later, change the booking to the city I want. Will that work?

If the foregoing isn't viable, I'll give the TR transfer a whirl. Fortunately, I have less that 30k (just barely less!) points expiring.

RNE, disappointed in Wyndham for not extending the 48-month expiry, given 2020's problematic travel vis-à-vis COVID.

Caesars and back to Wyndham is easier and resets the 4 year clock...............you can do another 30K on 1/1/2022
Brendan and RNE like this.
Old Jun 24, 2021, 10:09 am

Programs: DL DM; 2MM
Caesars - Wyndham transfer time ?

Can someone in the know please chime in and post how long the real transfer time was from Caesars to Wyndham ?
Old Jun 24, 2021, 5:03 pm

adsaaa

Last edited by JoeSwanson1; Jul 20, 2022 at 10:25 am
Old Jun 24, 2021, 5:46 pm
RNE

Originally Posted by Travelomania
Can someone in the know please chime in and post how long the real transfer time was from Caesars to Wyndham ?
Mine took 20 days. YMMV
Old Jun 24, 2021, 9:58 pm

asdsdas

Last edited by JoeSwanson1; Jul 20, 2022 at 10:25 am
Old Jun 25, 2021, 9:52 am

Programs: DL DM; 2MM
Originally Posted by RNE
Mine took 20 days. YMMV
Thank you !
Old Jun 29, 2021, 10:19 am

I have not seen this posted on this thread. May help some folks. Taken from the Wyndham website.

**Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained in this Section I(14), Wyndham Rewards points otherwise set to expire, between April 30, 2020 and December 30, 2021, pursuant to the Four Year Rule, will not expire until December 31, 2021. For clarity, the foregoing term extension does not apply to points that are forfeited or cancelled either due to membership inactivity, as described above, or otherwise in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.**
Brendan likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.