FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/wyndham-wyndham-rewards-430/)
-   -   Hotel Henri New York leaving Wyndham May1, 2019 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/wyndham-wyndham-rewards/1957526-hotel-henri-new-york-leaving-wyndham-may1-2019-a.html)

Fyd Feb 21, 2019 6:56 pm

Hotel Henri New York leaving Wyndham May1, 2019

I just got an email from Wyndham Rewards that Hotel Henri New York will be leaving Wyndham May 1, 2019 and reflagging to another brand. They won't be honoring my GoFree award reservation and I had to rebook at another NYC property - I picked the nearby Tryp.
Sad to see one of the few decent Wyndham properties is leaving and even worse that WR is not honoring the reservation. It's completely in their control, whether they want to pay the Henri, regardless of whether they are part of WR or not...
They double prices one day and cancel reservations the next, so much for their tagling "New Rewards you'll love - more rewarding than ever"... right...

Nirvana91 Mar 15, 2019 11:53 am

Originally Posted by Fyd (Post 30807481)
I just got an email from Wyndham Rewards that Hotel Henri New York will be leaving Wyndham May 1, 2019 and reflagging to another brand. They won't be honoring my GoFree award reservation and I had to rebook at another NYC property - I picked the nearby Tryp.
Sad to see one of the few decent Wyndham properties is leaving and even worse that WR is not honoring the reservation. It's completely in their control, whether they want to pay the Henri, regardless of whether they are part of WR or not...
They double prices one day and cancel reservations the next, so much for their tagling "New Rewards you'll love - more rewarding than ever"... right...

Last week I was able to book a one night stay for 15k points for a weekday next week. So although this property seems to be leaving the chain May 1st, I figured I'd let folks know that in the meantime this is still an option to burn your Wyndham points (particularly before many properties double in cost from 15k to 30k points). I have stayed here with points before and although it isn't a particularly amazing hotel (small rooms, no gym on-site, not much by way of service, they sneak a small convenience fee onto your bill even when booking with points), it is in a pretty good location (near the Flatiron Building) and still better than paying the sometimes-high rates of Manhattan, depending on when you stay. In my case comparable hotels in the area were going for around $200/night, so 1.33 cpp isn't too bad I suppose.

DeltaNeutral28 Mar 15, 2019 2:08 pm

Isn't Henri the one with the $30 daily fee on top of the 15k ?

Nirvana91 Mar 15, 2019 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by DeltaNeutral28 (Post 30891728)
Isn't Henri the one with the $30 daily fee on top of the 15k ?

Yes, it's something like that (I thought it was only like $20 but I could definitely be wrong there), which is why I mentioned "they sneak a small convenience fee onto your bill even when booking with points" as well in my initial comment. I have heard of people fighting it but I'm usually not very confrontational (depends on what kind of mood I'm in I guess). At this point I'm kinda just happy to burn my final 15k points (I have less than 100 in my account now) before the rates go up and this hotel leaves the chain. I can use all the above as fine justification when I cancel my Wyndham credit card next month, lol.

nomiiiii Mar 18, 2019 11:56 pm

lol, i initially had Radisson Cassa booked for my NYC trip in a month, which got deflagged.
so, i booked this henri hotel. hopefully my late-april booking is honored since its before the deflagging.

i should really stop getting more hotel on points.

christianj Mar 19, 2019 6:39 am

Originally Posted by nomiiiii (Post 30903846)
lol, i initially had Radisson Cassa booked for my NYC trip in a month, which got deflagged.
so, i booked this henri hotel. hopefully my late-april booking is honored since its before the deflagging.

i should really stop getting more hotel on points.

Maybe you will get lucky and the Henri will join the Radisson Group. :D Seriously...that would be good news for me since I like to use Radisson points in NYC and with the departure of the Cassa we are SOL until they add another property or open the Radisson that is supposed to come online this year.