Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards
Reload this Page >

Wyndham Rewards Change in Program and top redemptions now 30k!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wyndham Rewards Change in Program and top redemptions now 30k!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2019, 11:37 am

Programs: Delta Silver, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond, Ex-UA Gold, Ex-AA Gold , Ex-SPG Gold, Peon everywhere else
Originally Posted by eknock007
I guess it is time to escalate to Mr Eliot.
Originally Posted by TTT103
I had zero luck with Eliot.
Mr. Eliot who is really Ms. Amy pretty much told me to get lost and go pound sand. But she did insinuate that the hotel I was to trying to book for April of 2020 was probably going up to the 30k level. So if anyone is trying to contact Eliot or Amy to get some love, you are wasting your time. Oh well you win some and you lose some. No more Wyndham's for me. I did cancel a couple of stays I had made at Ramada's this summer and booked with another chain..

Maybe I should try one of their social media accounts. Sometimes that gets people to react differently.

Last edited by eknock007; Mar 28, 2019 at 11:46 am
Old Mar 28, 2019, 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by eknock007
Mr. Eliot who is really Ms. Amy pretty much told me to get lost and go pound sand. But she did insinuate that the hotel I was to trying to book for April of 2020 was probably going up to the 30k level. So if anyone is trying to contact Eliot or Amy to get some love, you are wasting your time. Oh well you win some and you lose some. No more Wyndham's for me. I did cancel a couple of stays I had made at Ramada's this summer and booked with another chain..

Maybe I should try one of their social media accounts. Sometimes that gets people to react differently.
Very odd that we were 3-3 getting 15K each and my buddy got a few thousand. I'm also sure the free points got around well before I posted it ( I posted AFTER all 3 of us received points and I waited a week between asking since we all have the same last name and I didn't want it to be obvious) online....Reddit, Doc, bloggers,etc, etc

Did you actually ask for points ? None of us asked for anything, we were just offered it.

Maybe they are done giving out points but my friend got his last week.

Program sucks now, burn and wait for a 90k credit card offer
Old Mar 28, 2019, 4:53 pm

My stupidity has been hoarding Wyndham points over the years rather than redeeming them. I’ve paid for just about all of my two week stints at the Viva’s. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Oh well, I can now wash my hands of Wyndham.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 7:33 pm

Programs: Wyndham
Wow great timing

I was cruising flyer talk yesterday checking for promotions before I made a round of reservations and stumbled on this topic. I too am very disappointed and am questioning the value of staying with the credit card. My Chase Saphire will get pretty close to the actual room valuation if the rates change at the redeemable top tier properties.
I did go ahead and make a December 7day reservation at the Heaven AI in Samana. I'm staying in a HoJo tonight and at check in I noticed a big box obviously just shipped with Wyndham rewards stamped all over it - I'm thinking that's the new promotional material. I am a fan of the program and have had some great trips sorry to see the great value go away.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 9:01 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond, Ex-UA Gold, Ex-AA Gold , Ex-SPG Gold, Peon everywhere else
Originally Posted by flyer4512
Did you actually ask for points ? None of us asked for anything, we were just offered it.
Nope didn't ask for points. Didn't need the extra points. I had enough (well in about a week it will be a different story). I just ask if there was any possibility of booking a hotel beyond the dates that their online system allowed. I wanted to reserve at a Mexico All-Inclusive April 5th-April 12 of 2020 before the devaluation. I also complained that they only gave people a 7 week window before the changes would take effect. Not cool. The rest of her email response was a bunch of Blah Blah Blah about properties costing less points and system limitations with availability more than a year out. Whatever. I am moving on. BTW, I have Gold status through a handful of paid stays with this chain, so I at least was spending some money at their hotels. It will not be missed.

Last edited by eknock007; Mar 28, 2019 at 9:11 pm
Old Mar 29, 2019, 10:14 am

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
I have only 31K WR points. All I want is a heads-up of which hotels are changing points-prices, as most of the majors do.
2RETIREDTRAVELERS likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 4:14 pm

Found a few nights at the Suites at Fisherman's Wharf to use up some points - still need to find a place for another couple of nights. Figure I can always cancel if there are still some good 15k values out there after the fire. If not, well, I can't say I didn't get good value out of them. Might be time to start using Venture and Hotels.com...

Edit: Guess I should have booked that last couple of nights a tad earlier, I went to book and can't sign in Guess they started the process a couple hours early?

Last edited by synergistic; Apr 2, 2019 at 7:56 pm
Old Apr 2, 2019, 8:11 pm

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
Originally Posted by synergistic
Found a few nights at the Suites at Fisherman's Wharf to use up some points - still need to find a place for another couple of nights. Figure I can always cancel if there are still some good 15k values out there after the fire. If not, well, I can't say I didn't get good value out of them. Might be time to start using Venture and Hotels.com...

Edit: Guess I should have booked that last couple of nights a tad earlier, I went to book and can't sign in Guess they started the process a couple hours early?

yep the site is down, another wyndham program bites the dust....
and they burned it up just like last time. anyone tricked into accumulating pts will be miffed just as they were last time a few years ago, and they will cycle through a new group of fools.... thats the way it works at Whammy
Old Apr 2, 2019, 8:49 pm

Well I was unable to book anything during my desired dates in 2020, So I am now left with a bunch of points that are now worth half. With a family of 4 (and two kids of school age) is was hard to book anything the rest of this year. Already had a long 3-week long vacation booked for the summer, all of Thanksgiving week, and 2 weeks in Christmas. At least now I don't have to contemplate booking a subpar Wyndham hotel just for the sake of redeeming points. Maybe I'll just redeem the points for a bunch nights at a local Super 8 and donate them to the homeless.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 4:12 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Virgin Gold
I managed to book Santa Monica for 15k in a vaguely paniced state as the deadline approached, when i look at the reservation now it says that i will owe a further $157.76 for the stay

Is it a common issue with bookings pre-devaluation?
Old Apr 3, 2019, 6:24 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
The new list is live and definitely not as terrible as I was expecting. All decent hotels in NYC have gone up to 30k as expected but it looks like pretty much all Hawaii hotels have stayed at 15k. Bizarrely in San Francisco, they have moved some La Quintas near SFO and in the East Bay up to 30k but kept most of the hotels in the city center at 15k, including the Wyndham Canterbury and Donatello. Not sure if that is a mistake.

The 7.5k hotels, not surprisingly, are pretty much all Super 8 motels or similar. I didn't see anything at all of interest although I guess if you need a motel in a semi decent location, you might still get value out of these.

https://www.wyndhamhotels.com/wyndham-rewards/locations
Old Apr 3, 2019, 6:36 am

Originally Posted by Enigma368
The new list is live and definitely not as terrible as I was expecting. All decent hotels in NYC have gone up to 30k as expected but it looks like pretty much all Hawaii hotels have stayed at 15k. Bizarrely in San Francisco, they have moved some La Quintas near SFO and in the East Bay up to 30k but kept most of the hotels in the city center at 15k, including the Wyndham Canterbury and Donatello. Not sure if that is a mistake.

The 7.5k hotels, not surprisingly, are pretty much all Super 8 motels or similar. I didn't see anything at all of interest although I guess if you need a motel in a semi decent location, you might still get value out of these.

https://www.wyndhamhotels.com/wyndham-rewards/locations
Canterbury and Donatello had blacked out dates for the 4 or 5 dates I checked out this summer. Same with Midtown 45 in Manhattan that was allegedly remaining at 15k.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 6:54 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
Originally Posted by DeltaNeutral28
Canterbury and Donatello had blacked out dates for the 4 or 5 dates I checked out this summer. Same with Midtown 45 in Manhattan that was allegedly remaining at 15k.
Those SF hotels are available May 13-15(random dates I checked). I believe they will show as unavailable for 1 night stays as they have a 2 night minimum. Not sure about that NYC hotel.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 9:06 am

I was similarly surprised at the SF and Hawaii changes, or lack thereof. I am certain the list will evolve (devolve?) but currently there are still plenty of fairly valuable redemptions available. I can't rightly value the points as highly as I did, but they aren't quite as worthless as I imagined.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 9:11 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
So my booking that I made at the Ramada WEHO for 15k points/night is now showing 30k points/night in my reservation. Someone tell me they aren’t planning on asking for more points at check in. I knew this property was likely to go up so I booked early this year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.