Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards
Reload this Page >

Wyndham Rewards Change in Program and top redemptions now 30k!

Wyndham Rewards Change in Program and top redemptions now 30k!

Old Mar 22, 2019, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by lonelycrowd
Just to confirm/vent - they really aren't planning to tell us which properties are going to increase in price until the new prices are in effect? I was really hoping they would publish some sort of list by now.
We all know the $250+ properties will be 30k. The entire premise of Wyndham is to get value out of their nicer properties (Who would redeem 15k for a super 8 that costs $100?). The lower end properties are no better/worse than a host of other flags out there so it makes Wyndham nothing special. I'm just surprised they doubled the price overnight. That isn't a deval that's a kill shot. Doing something like 7500/15000/20000 would be a lot better.
Brendan likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 2:01 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond, Ex-UA Gold, Ex-AA Gold , Ex-SPG Gold, Peon everywhere else
Boy this is bad timing for me. Me and the wife were hoping to redeem the last stash of points we have, nearly 160k at an All-Inclusive in Mexico for April of 2020 (daughter's spring break). But we can't reserve that far out yet. I just wish they would publish something as to what properties are going up to 30k. I am pretty sure most AI's will be in the 30k category. Without knowing it puts in a bind right now. One thing is for sure, we will be cancelling our credits cards this summer after having them for the last 3-1/2 years (renewed because of the 15k annual bonus). It was good while it lasted but now we have less about 11 days to figure out where and when to redeem our points for maximum value. Hasta-la-vista Wyndham Rewards!
Old Mar 22, 2019, 2:24 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond, Ex-UA Gold, Ex-AA Gold , Ex-SPG Gold, Peon everywhere else
Originally Posted by TTT103
I waiting to see some Super 8’s or Days Inns located in major urban or touristy areas pop into the 30K category.
There is a Super 8 and a couple Days Inn's near Disneland in Anaheim that go for about $120 rack rate. Wouldn't be surprise either if those end up in the 30k category, I assume because of the tendency to have higher occupancy rates than than any other ordinary Super 8 or Days Inn. All the other major hotel chains already offer free nights at higher than normal redemption rates because of the area.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 4:37 am

Originally Posted by eknock007
Boy this is bad timing for me. Me and the wife were hoping to redeem the last stash of points we have, nearly 160k at an All-Inclusive in Mexico for April of 2020 (daughter's spring break). But we can't reserve that far out yet. I just wish they would publish something as to what properties are going up to 30k. I am pretty sure most AI's will be in the 30k category. Without knowing it puts in a bind right now. One thing is for sure, we will be cancelling our credits cards this summer after having them for the last 3-1/2 years (renewed because of the 15k annual bonus). It was good while it lasted but now we have less about 11 days to figure out where and when to redeem our points for maximum value. Hasta-la-vista Wyndham Rewards!
I had the same problem and solved it

On main W. sight I was not aallowed to book past March 2020-- I googled hotel direct site and booked Sept 2020 worked on 2 different hotels
Old Mar 24, 2019, 7:42 pm

Doubling the price is bad, keeping the 4 year expiration makes it worse. Barclay is going to have to up the credit card sign up bonus big time.

We are burning all our points and cancelling our credit cards

I'll be back when the CC sign up is 90K.

Last edited by flyer4512; Mar 25, 2019 at 3:51 pm
Old Mar 25, 2019, 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by SPLP007

On main W. sight I was not aallowed to book past March 2020-- I googled hotel direct site and booked Sept 2020 worked on 2 different hotels
Thanks for the tip. I'll try contacting the hotel directly.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flyer4512
Doubling the price is back, keeping the 4 year expiration makes it worse. Barclay is going to have to up the credit card sign up bonus big time.

We are burning all our points and cancelling our credit cards

I'll be back when the CC sign up is 90K.
Have you seen any announcement that they're keeping the 4-year expiration? Delta made miles not expire after merging with Northwest where miles never expired, so it's possible that after merging with LaQuinta Retunrs that WR may re-evaluate their expiration policies.

But I haven't seen any "announcements" yet about any details regarding what's changing after the merger next week.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Have you seen any announcement that they're keeping the 4-year expiration? Delta made miles not expire after merging with Northwest where miles never expired, so it's possible that after merging with LaQuinta Retunrs that WR may re-evaluate their expiration policies.

But I haven't seen any "announcements" yet about any details regarding what's changing after the merger next week.
I was able to get 15K whydham miles for all 3 of our accounts for emailing Eliot with my concerns. I mentioned the 4 year expiration being a major issue (now that redemptions are 30K) in all 3 emails and was never told it was going away.

She did however mention cheaper properties would be available ( not in Hawaii though) so I think if the 4 year expiration was also changing it would have been brought to my ( or my wife or dads) attention in the return emails.

I guess we'll know for sure next week.

I normally don't complain about Wyndham or any other hotel reward program but I have been saving Wyndham points for the past 3 years for a big family vacation next year and was planning that around being able to get a condo in Hawaii at 15,000 Wyndham Points per night.

I just saw the rate is going to 30K per night so instead of the 10 nights I was hoping for I can only get 5 nights which is far too short for a trip to Hawaii from the midwest. The current 4 year expiration means I can't even just save more points as if I do points I already have will be expired.

I think this is very unfair. Thank You. XXXX XXXXXXX

Last edited by flyer4512; Mar 25, 2019 at 3:53 pm
Old Mar 25, 2019, 5:48 pm

Programs: United, delta, AA, Alaskan, Frontier, Hilton Gold, Hyatt, Chase Sapphire
I called today and got what I wanted when online there was no availability.
Brendan likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by SPLP007

Originally Posted by shanna135
I called today and got what I wanted when online there was no availability.
I tried to do a reservation via phone and was unsuccessful. Rep said I have to wait until April 5th when avaiability opens up for that hotel: Viva Wyndahm Maya Playa Del Carmen. I guess it is time to escalate to Mr Eliot.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 1:23 pm

I had zero luck with Eliot.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 6:03 pm

I had zero luck with Eliot.

Very odd, did you mention your stay was going to be in Hawaii ?

My friend sent the email but said he was staying in Florida, her reply said Florida was going to have many properties for 15k or less and they gave him 3,000 Wyndham Points

All Hawaii properties are going to 30K so there are no cheaper properties to stay at.

Hello xxxxx,
Thank you so much for reaching out with your concerns and I am very sorry for the frustration this has caused you.

I would like to add 15,000 points to your Wyndham Rewards account for reaching out and providing this valuable feedback. Can you please provide your Wyndham Rewards Membership number so that I can apply these points.
We have documented this information to use as we work through this transition.
As a valued member of the Wyndham Rewards loyalty program, I hope you will be able to take advantage of the exiting new options we have coming this year.
I hope you have a great day. Amy

Last edited by flyer4512; Mar 27, 2019 at 6:08 pm
Old Mar 28, 2019, 12:00 am

Programs: DL Plat, Marriot Plat
It does make sense. I mean why would a Days inn be worth the same value as a Wyndham? I think we are lucky it lasted the 4 years.
Brendan likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 6:16 am

Originally Posted by flyer4512
Very odd, did you mention your stay was going to be in Hawaii ?

My friend sent the email but said he was staying in Florida, her reply said Florida was going to have many properties for 15k or less and they gave him 3,000 Wyndham Points

All Hawaii properties are going to 30K so there are no cheaper properties to stay at.

Hello xxxxx,
Thank you so much for reaching out with your concerns and I am very sorry for the frustration this has caused you.

I would like to add 15,000 points to your Wyndham Rewards account for reaching out and providing this valuable feedback. Can you please provide your Wyndham Rewards Membership number so that I can apply these points.
We have documented this information to use as we work through this transition.
As a valued member of the Wyndham Rewards loyalty program, I hope you will be able to take advantage of the exiting new options we have coming this year.
I hope you have a great day. Amy

Yes, maybe it's because I have a boatload of points. I contacted Eliot a couple of times, and Amy responded both times.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 10:38 am

Yes, maybe it's because I have a boatload of points. I contacted Eliot a couple of times, and Amy responded both times.

Could be, I had 135K Wydham points when I wrote him and my letter indicated ( I never said 150k but rather that I was saving for 10 nights) I needed 150K for Hawaii

My dad and wife had about 75K each.

Amy responds to all the emails as far as I can see.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.