Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards
Reload this Page >

Transfer of points from Wyndham to Total Rewards

Transfer of points from Wyndham to Total Rewards

Old Feb 9, 19, 6:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hiltonhonors gold, Priority Club platimum, Club Carlson gold, Marriott gold
Question Transfer of points from Wyndham to Total Rewards

Does anyone know how long it takes for a transfer of points from Wyndham to Total Rewards takes? It has been 3 days.

This is the reply to my email:
Thank you for contacting Wyndham Rewards Platinum.
I do apologize. At the present time we are experiencing technical issues with transferring your Wyndham Rewards points to Total Rewards.
We are working diligently to find a resolution.
Please continue to check your Total Rewards account to see if the points have deposited.
If we can be of any further assistance, please let us know.
Sincerely,

Last edited by beggsmoore; Feb 10, 19 at 8:22 am Reason: Add more information
Old Feb 10, 19, 4:53 pm

Programs: IHG,Hyatt, Hilton Diamond, Marriott, Wyndham, SPG, United, Delta, Alaska, AA, Southwest
Originally Posted by beggsmoore View Post
Does anyone know how long it takes for a transfer of points from Wyndham to Total Rewards takes? It has been 3 days.

This is the reply to my email:
Thank you for contacting Wyndham Rewards Platinum.
I do apologize. At the present time we are experiencing technical issues with transferring your Wyndham Rewards points to Total Rewards.
We are working diligently to find a resolution.
Please continue to check your Total Rewards account to see if the points have deposited.
If we can be of any further assistance, please let us know.
Sincerely,
I did a Wyndham to TR transfer a week and a half ago or so and it took about 3 days to complete.

I was hoping the Wyndham points would count as tier credits and get us Diamond lounge access as we already have TR Diamond via the Wyndham status match but you need 25K tier points for free lounge access.

They transferred points only count as reward credits and also expire in 6 months so I am transferring them back to Wyndham as 10K Wyndham points = $100 at TR which IMO is a terrible redemption value

The transfer back has still not completed and it's been over a week.

Last edited by flyer4512; Feb 11, 19 at 2:44 pm
Old Feb 10, 19, 6:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hiltonhonors gold, Priority Club platimum, Club Carlson gold, Marriott gold
Thank you. Let everyone know how long the transfer back actually takes. I may be doing the same and it would be great to know what to expect.
Old Feb 11, 19, 4:33 pm
Original Poster

Total Rewards points posted today. It took about 5 days.
Old Feb 12, 19, 3:47 am

Programs: Delta-Gold Hertz-PresCircle HH-Gold Hyatt-Discoverist IHG-Plat National-Exec
My transfer of Wyndham points to Total Rewards:

Transferred Monday Feb 4

Showed up in my Total Rewards account on Monday Feb 11

Transfer took 7 days (5 business days)
beggsmoore likes this.
Old Feb 13, 19, 2:38 pm

Programs: IHG,Hyatt, Hilton Diamond, Marriott, Wyndham, SPG, United, Delta, Alaska, AA, Southwest
Thank you. Let everyone know how long the transfer back actually takes. I may be doing the same and it would be great to know what to expect.
My points transferred out of TR today but they are not back in my Wyndham account yet, very odd

EDIT 10K posted back to Wyndham. This does extend your 18 month expiration but 4 year expiration stayed the same

I wonder if you transferred all your points back and forth if that might extend the 4 years also............I believe the cap to transfer is 30K /Year

Last edited by flyer4512; Feb 13, 19 at 6:09 pm
Old Feb 13, 19, 7:23 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the information!!
Old Feb 14, 19, 3:25 pm

Thanks for the information!!
We have a bunch of Wyndham points and I was thinking of transferring 20K back to TR for some free slot play

It seems 20K Wyndham would bring $100 in free play, lol
Old Mar 16, 19, 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by flyer4512 View Post
My points transferred out of TR today but they are not back in my Wyndham account yet, very odd

EDIT 10K posted back to Wyndham. This does extend your 18 month expiration but 4 year expiration stayed the same

I wonder if you transferred all your points back and forth if that might extend the 4 years also............I believe the cap to transfer is 30K /Year
hi, do u recall how long it took for you to transfer from TR to Wyndham? TR customer service told me it would take 6-8 weeks. thanks.
Old Mar 17, 19, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by sbbi View Post
hi, do u recall how long it took for you to transfer from TR to Wyndham? TR customer service told me it would take 6-8 weeks. thanks.

I think it was a about a week Wyndham to TR and close to 2 weeks TR to Wyndham

Search this Thread