FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/wyndham-wyndham-rewards-430/)
-   -   Transfer of points from Wyndham to Total Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/wyndham-wyndham-rewards/1955381-transfer-points-wyndham-total-rewards.html)

beggsmoore Feb 9, 2019 6:28 am

Transfer of points from Wyndham to Total Rewards

Does anyone know how long it takes for a transfer of points from Wyndham to Total Rewards takes? It has been 3 days.

This is the reply to my email:
Thank you for contacting Wyndham Rewards Platinum.
I do apologize. At the present time we are experiencing technical issues with transferring your Wyndham Rewards points to Total Rewards.
We are working diligently to find a resolution.
Please continue to check your Total Rewards account to see if the points have deposited.
If we can be of any further assistance, please let us know.
Sincerely,

flyer4512 Feb 10, 2019 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by beggsmoore (Post 30757145)
Does anyone know how long it takes for a transfer of points from Wyndham to Total Rewards takes? It has been 3 days.

This is the reply to my email:
Thank you for contacting Wyndham Rewards Platinum.
I do apologize. At the present time we are experiencing technical issues with transferring your Wyndham Rewards points to Total Rewards.
We are working diligently to find a resolution.
Please continue to check your Total Rewards account to see if the points have deposited.
If we can be of any further assistance, please let us know.
Sincerely,

I did a Wyndham to TR transfer a week and a half ago or so and it took about 3 days to complete.

I was hoping the Wyndham points would count as tier credits and get us Diamond lounge access as we already have TR Diamond via the Wyndham status match but you need 25K tier points for free lounge access.

They transferred points only count as reward credits and also expire in 6 months so I am transferring them back to Wyndham as 10K Wyndham points = $100 at TR which IMO is a terrible redemption value

The transfer back has still not completed and it's been over a week.

beggsmoore Feb 10, 2019 6:45 pm

Thank you. Let everyone know how long the transfer back actually takes. I may be doing the same and it would be great to know what to expect.

beggsmoore Feb 11, 2019 4:33 pm

Total Rewards points posted today. It took about 5 days.

jgxtrav1 Feb 12, 2019 3:47 am

My transfer of Wyndham points to Total Rewards:

Transferred Monday Feb 4

Showed up in my Total Rewards account on Monday Feb 11

Transfer took 7 days (5 business days)

flyer4512 Feb 13, 2019 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by beggsmoore (Post 30762720)
Thank you. Let everyone know how long the transfer back actually takes. I may be doing the same and it would be great to know what to expect.

My points transferred out of TR today but they are not back in my Wyndham account yet, very odd

EDIT 10K posted back to Wyndham. This does extend your 18 month expiration but 4 year expiration stayed the same

I wonder if you transferred all your points back and forth if that might extend the 4 years also............I believe the cap to transfer is 30K /Year

beggsmoore Feb 13, 2019 7:23 pm

Thanks for the information!!

flyer4512 Feb 14, 2019 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by beggsmoore (Post 30775879)
Thanks for the information!!

We have a bunch of Wyndham points and I was thinking of transferring 20K back to TR for some free slot play

It seems 20K Wyndham would bring $100 in free play, lol

sbbi Mar 16, 2019 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by flyer4512 (Post 30774965)
My points transferred out of TR today but they are not back in my Wyndham account yet, very odd

EDIT 10K posted back to Wyndham. This does extend your 18 month expiration but 4 year expiration stayed the same

I wonder if you transferred all your points back and forth if that might extend the 4 years also............I believe the cap to transfer is 30K /Year

hi, do u recall how long it took for you to transfer from TR to Wyndham? TR customer service told me it would take 6-8 weeks. thanks.

flyer4512 Mar 17, 2019 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by sbbi (Post 30895678)
hi, do u recall how long it took for you to transfer from TR to Wyndham? TR customer service told me it would take 6-8 weeks. thanks.

I think it was a about a week Wyndham to TR and close to 2 weeks TR to Wyndham