Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards
Reload this Page >

Might as well just use hotels.com for Wyndham stays

Old Jan 18, 19, 7:08 pm
Original Poster

Location: Bangkok and Palm Coast, FL. Exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones

I had been trying to book the Microtel in Palm Coast for weeks now. The website has been giving me an error message that their res system is under repair/maintenance for over a week. Chrome, Edge, IE, app, all the same result. Plus, the "current" promo was not available to me, some 1000 or 2000 pt bonus, etc. So, just booked it on hetels.com, since there are really no elite (I'm Gold) bene's anyway and BK is included. I'll take the 10% hotels.com rebate (plus the 2% from going thru eBates,) over the measly points Wyndham gives out anyday. They do need to do better promos as their properties are not up to the other chains' standard. But, always good for a cheap stay.
Old Jan 23, 19, 1:17 am
Fyd

Programs: UA GS, SQ PPS, IHG Plat Amb, Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Accor Plat
Yes, the Wyndham website is a mess and frequently, I've found lower rates on other sites.
But I find WR points very valuable as a "backup" when rates are very high during peak season or event. A room for 15,000 can be a true bargain, especially now that Wyndham Vacation properties show up....
Old Jan 23, 19, 8:21 am

I've had okay luck with the Wyndham site, and I've rarely found a deal that beats the Allied Business Network (free for anyone) corporate code, except for an opaque booking (Hotwire, Priceline Express Deal, etc.) or possibly a non-refundable rate. That code only works directly through Wyndham, and it still earns Wyndham points. I'd rather do that than pay the same or more on hotels.com, especially since typically to get a discount on hotels.com you lose the free night after every 10 nights.

Search this Thread