Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards
Reload this Page >

Hotel Sold - Customers not notified

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2018, 2:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold

Wyndham is becoming a joke and any loyalty doesn’t matter. Outside of using 15k points to stay basically anywhere this might be the last straw.

Book a a lot of hotels for work a year in advance. Have stayed at this property for almost 8 years in a row. I routinely need to change my day of arrival so I called to move ir
back one day. Nice employee was away from desk and took a note. Will
handle. I call back today and find out I have no reservation. I say it’s in the app... “oh this isn’t a Wyndham anymore it was sold”.

So I have nothing. I now have to stay double the distance away from where I need to be. Wyndham didn’t transfer over rooms and to top it off the reservation is still in my app right now! What a joke. So a warning check in advance of the hotel exist...
Old Aug 19, 2018, 4:30 pm

Programs: AA Life-Plat 5MM, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, UA, BA
Unbelievable story. I am guessing that Wyndham cut the hotel from Wyndham system and the hotel had to start from scratch.
And nobody at Wyndham thought of notifying the customers who booked via Wyndham site and app. Definitely Wyndham fault.
I wonder what happened to customers who booked via OTAs as Booking.com and Expedia.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.