Community
Wiki Posts
Search

15000 Bonus Points with Masterpass

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2018, 8:10 am

Originally Posted by larsbutzmann
No, you can pay with another card as stated in the terms & conditions. I also tested it with the previous Visa Checkout promotion and used an Amex card to pay.
Originally Posted by s0ssos
Just fyi, in the points game, the little transactions don't count (I presume you are going to book a $50-100 hotel with this). The difference in points is minimal.
It only matters if you do churning and manufactured spending. Otherwise if you do this every few weeks, gain a few hundred points, in a year you may have gained 5000 points!
Thanks...I don't even have a Mastercard (crazy I know, I have tons of cc's) but I was able to add my sisters to my Wyndham account to use Masterpass. But, I wouldn't be able to actually pay with that MC at the hotel since I don't physically have it and it isn't in my name.

Has anyone been credited from this promo yet?
Old Jul 24, 2018, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by brokestudent
Thanks...I don't even have a Mastercard (crazy I know, I have tons of cc's) but I was able to add my sisters to my Wyndham account to use Masterpass. But, I wouldn't be able to actually pay with that MC at the hotel since I don't physically have it and it isn't in my name.
Just make sure you either get to the hotel for your stay or cancel before the cancellation deadline. Otherwise your sister's card will probably be charged automatically if you don't show up. (That would presumably be the one case -- besides advance purchase rates -- where the card in MasterPass would be used, if they have to charge you for no-show, since that's the only card they'll have at that point.)
brokestudent likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 5:57 pm

Programs: AMEX Plat, Hyatt Explorist, JetBlue Mosaic, Wyndham Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by OC_Matt
Just booked a couple of single night stays for next week in Las Vegas. Total of less than $100. Getting it done early is the best way to guarantee receipt of points.
I had two stays last week and my wife also had two. We spent a total of $144. So far we both received our standard 1000 point per night minimum but not the 7500/night bonus. We'll see if this is one of those that really takes 6-8 weeks. I'll update when received.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by OC_Matt
I had two stays last week and my wife also had two. We spent a total of $144. So far we both received our standard 1000 point per night minimum but not the 7500/night bonus. We'll see if this is one of those that really takes 6-8 weeks. I'll update when received.
In last year's equivalent promo:

Earn a Free Night in Two Stays w/Masterpass

it was done in "sweeps" and ended up taking a variable of weeks (depending on when your stay was relative to the next sweep), but did not seem to take the full 6-8 weeks for most people.

And the later Visa Checkout promo was also done in "sweeps". (The biggest problem with that one was not how long it took, but how it ended early with no notice. They've warned of that this time around.)

"Sweeps" are necessary in most promos where two or more datebases (have to be checked. How you reserved the stay (Masterpass) is probably in a different database than is normally checked for awarding points, and thus I would except it to require "sweeps". (IHG also requires "sweeps" when they give you an Accelerate task to "pay for your stay with your IHG credit card".)

Last edited by sdsearch; Jul 31, 2018 at 2:21 pm
Old Aug 8, 2018, 4:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Hey guys,

Trying to do this challenge. Booked a stay at a less then ideal baymont inn for a current work trip. Anyways I made the reservations using masterpass, no issues, and the stays eventually showed up in the app. I checked in today, and the front desk lady asked me for my wyndham number as it wasn't showing in the reservation (despite me using the app to book it while logged on, and the app showing the rez). She put it back in. Now, when I click on the reservation in the app, I see "Failed to retrieve booking. Please try again later. Invalid JSON data: Value of required model key zipCode is null". I'm worried this is going to mess with the promotion I'm in. I have a stay tomorrow at a ramada inn that still shows up fine.

Any thoughts? There was no issue with payment so far, as the lady had the card I used through masterpass.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by BThumme
Hey guys,

Trying to do this challenge. Booked a stay at a less then ideal baymont inn for a current work trip. Anyways I made the reservations using masterpass, no issues, and the stays eventually showed up in the app. I checked in today, and the front desk lady asked me for my wyndham number as it wasn't showing in the reservation (despite me using the app to book it while logged on, and the app showing the rez). She put it back in. Now, when I click on the reservation in the app, I see "Failed to retrieve booking. Please try again later. Invalid JSON data: Value of required model key zipCode is null". I'm worried this is going to mess with the promotion I'm in. I have a stay tomorrow at a ramada inn that still shows up fine.

Any thoughts? There was no issue with payment so far, as the lady had the card I used through masterpass.
I had the same problem at a Travel Lodge I booked in advance using MasterPass for $41. I made the reservation online in my Wyndham Rewards account using MasterPass. When I checked in, they didn't have a record of my having prepaid, so I gave them the credit card that was linked to my MaterPass account. When I checked out, they didn't have my Wyndham Rewards number even though the reservation was listed on my online Wyndham Rewards account and even though I confirmed with Wyndham reservations that they were showing it as a prepaid reservation. I had the hotel desk clerk enter my Wyndham Rewards number before I left the hotel. My stay was 2 weeks ago, but my 7,500 points still haven't shown up in my account (which sounds like is the same thing for several others). I will be pissed if I don't get the 7500 bonus points for this stay. I have one more at the same hotel next week.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 8:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thumbs up first 7500 posted, on 8/6!

I got my first 7500! It shows as "MasterPass Promo Bonus 2018", with "Adjustment" as the Activity Type. The posting date is 8/6, for a stay with checkout on 7/26.

I had another stay with checkout on 8/8, and that 7500 hasn't posted yet, but I don't expect it to post for weeks more, since obviously they posted sort of "sweep" on 8/6 and it'll be a while until they do the next "sweep" (in fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the next sweep won't be until after the promo ends at the end of this month).

FWIW, thees stays are the same Super 8 that I successfully did all my Visa Checkout stays earlier this year.
Brendan likes this.

Last edited by sdsearch; Aug 10, 2018 at 9:04 pm
Old Aug 11, 2018, 3:43 pm

Days Inn on 8/7 and Super 8 on 8/8, those points posted today. Let's see how long before the MasterPass promo posts.
Brendan likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 2:24 pm

I had a stay on 8/1 and my MasterPass points still haven't posted. I was hoping to use the bonus points for a free night on 8/30, but it doesn't look like I can count on having those by then.
Brendan likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by sdsearch
I got my first 7500! It shows as "MasterPass Promo Bonus 2018", with "Adjustment" as the Activity Type. The posting date is 8/6, for a stay with checkout on 7/26.

I had another stay with checkout on 8/8, and that 7500 hasn't posted yet, but I don't expect it to post for weeks more, since obviously they posted sort of "sweep" on 8/6 and it'll be a while until they do the next "sweep" (in fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the next sweep won't be until after the promo ends at the end of this month).

FWIW, thees stays are the same Super 8 that I successfully did all my Visa Checkout stays earlier this year.
nice! nothing here today after had booked via MP & checked in on 7/20; contacted Rep. earlier today, who just copied & pasted the 6-8 wks time on the T&Cs
Old Aug 16, 2018, 1:12 pm

Programs: DL DM
Has anyone successfully stacked with the Lufthansa bonus miles promotion? https://www.wyndhamhotels.com/en-gb/...iles-and-more?

Normally, I'd assume no, except the Masterpass promo terms has the following, "Members who have elected to earn Travel Partner Currency in their member profile and who book and stay in accordance with the Promotion, will receive their base point earning in Travel Partner Currency with the Bonus denominated in 7,500 Wyndham Rewards points."
Brendan likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 1:49 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam
Stay 8/7
No bonus as of today (8/29).

Any reports of a sweep since 8/6?
Old Aug 30, 2018, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by hockeystl
Stay 8/7
No bonus as of today (8/29).

Any reports of a sweep since 8/6?

I had stays 7/24 and 8/13 and have received no bonus points on either. I guess I'm going to wait the 8 weeks before calling.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 3:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What a junky promo. I registered and used Masterpass THREE times in July and nothing posted. I wrote in last week, and got a crappy e-mail back that "you did not qualify because you did not use Masterpass". I wrote back and offered to prove that I had used Masterpass three times and two days later was granted the points as "a one time exception". Happy to have them, but an "exception??!!??!?!?!?!?!". I fulfilled the requirements of their promo!
Old Aug 31, 2018, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by hfly
What a junky promo. I registered and used Masterpass THREE times in July and nothing posted. I wrote in last week, and got a crappy e-mail back that "you did not qualify because you did not use Masterpass". I wrote back and offered to prove that I had used Masterpass three times and two days later was granted the points as "a one time exception". Happy to have them, but an "exception??!!??!?!?!?!?!". I fulfilled the requirements of their promo!
Did you wait the 8 weeks to call them (since they state the points will be awarded within 6-8 weeks) or did you contact them before then? Also, how can you prove you used MasterPass? I'm afraid I might have to do so. I have my confirmation email from the reservations I made, but they just show that I paid with a Mastercard. Is there a way to show that the payment was made with a Mastercard through MasterPass? I haven'r really used MasterPass before, so I'm not that familiar with it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.